Buy a Leaf while waiting for an ID.4?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LHN said:
And, here's a laugh...

When I went to register my car this morning, the clerk was busy filling out all the paperwork for the title, registration, etc. She says, "How many cylinders does it have? They usually have 4." I replied, "It doesn't have any cylinders. It's an electric car. It also doesn't have any sparkplugs or oil." She just nodded. :D
In my state I'd have let her go with 4 cyl.......see here unless it has an ICE we get dinged $75 for an "EV" fee for any BEV. As I've said many times before, figuring my state's gas tax and what MPG the Leaf would get if it had an ICE(I used a Versas MPG) it would equate to driving 20K miles/year. It's kinda hard to do with my BEV Leafs that are lucky to get 40-50 miles before needing a 4-6hr recharge :roll: I average about 5-6k miles/year which means I'm paying triple the gas tax of a similar ICE vehicle. To make matters worse my state's Dems(usually the GOP talks about dropping or lowering the gas tax) are seriously considering dropping the state gas tax for the summer(but of course, not the $75 "EV" tax I've already paid) and it sounds like the feds might be talking about dropping the federal gas tax! As gas has gone up dollars in the last year, I doubt the dimes charged by state and federal gas means a damn thing, well other than election-year gimmicks! While some might consider it petty, it's one of the reasons our next EV will be a PHEV, which currently doesn't incur the "EV" fee but I suppose might at some point :(

Back