Bad Power Distribution Module? Check In Here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update as promised: I got my car back today and at first pass the issue appears resolved thanks to the software update. Car charged to 100% while at the dealer last night. I've also charge for 20 minutes and again for an hour today (at that time almost to 100%), stopping only when I decided (not when the car decides to stop charging!)

After getting my car back yesterday I put about 40 miles on it and charged it via Level 1 overnight. Charged to 100% and no error codes.

I will keep monitoring the posts here as it appears the fix may ultimately be a software update for most.

I got mine back today and it's on my L2 Clipper Creek right now. Here were the codes that were stored:

P3100
P3178
P318D
P3191
P3193
P3196
P3197
P31B3

The PDM as well as the other associated bits were replaced.

Bateman said:
Update as promised: I got my car back today and at first pass the issue appears resolved thanks to the software update. Car charged to 100% while at the dealer last night. I've also charge for 20 minutes and again for an hour today (at that time almost to 100%), stopping only when I decided (not when the car decides to stop charging!)

Does anyone know how to obtain the current sw/firmware of the LEAF S? (no carwing)

Bateman, do you have the sw/firmware version that was applied on your car?

I had the PDM replaced couple weeks ago. But dealer never said anything sw update. I afraid without the new sw, the new PDM may fail again in couple of months.

locman said:
I had the PDM replaced couple weeks ago. But dealer never said anything sw update. I afraid without the new sw, the new PDM may fail again in couple of months.

My understanding is that the software and and the new replacement part came together. It was one of the things my service manager verified before releasing the car back to me. I do not have Carwings either.

Add me to the list. I took my car to the dealer once and they said they couldn't find anything. Although this particular dealer is not my ideal choice. Today it failed charging about 5x, 4x at a public station and once at home. It appears heat (upper 70s) and a long drive are a main culprit. I'll take it in tomorrow to my preferred dealer.

Is this what folks are seeing immediately after starting the car? It disappears upon restarting a 2nd time. Does this indicate codes are stored? Thx.

Phatcat73 said:
Add me to the list. I took my car to the dealer once and they said they couldn't find anything. Although this particular dealer is not my ideal choice. Today it failed charging about 5x, 4x at a public station and once at home. It appears heat (upper 70s) and a long drive are a main culprit. I'll take it in tomorrow to my preferred dealer.

Is this what folks are seeing immediately after starting the car? It disappears upon restarting a 2nd time. Does this indicate codes are stored? Thx.

Yes, that's it.

jelloslug said:
Phatcat73 said:

Yes, that's it.

Welcome to the club!

:)

At dealer now and they pulled following codes:

P316C - PD Module System - PT# 237D0-3NF1B
P3170 - PD Module System - PT# 237D0-3NF1B
P3171 - PD Module System - PT# 237D0-3NF1B
B29C1 - EVSE [Signal Invalid] - PT# 292C0-3NF1B

More to come on Monday

Update: Spoke with dealer and they state my car is ready. All that was required was a software update.

Interestingly Nissan informed the dealership to update the rest of the 2013s on their lot with the same software update.

Seeing this problem myself. Have a service appointment set up for Friday. Called the EV line today (as others in thread recommended) to have them prep the dealer. I haven't been to this dealer before (Crossroads, Wake Forest NC) (only have 2200 miles and it's my first Nissan) so I don't know if they're good or not.

Just as a follow up I received a call from the Nissan EV support today to let me know that my refund check for the gas I had to purchase for the rental was on it's way.

Can these error codes be pulled with an app such as Torque, or does that require Consult as well?

I or rather Nissan is not sure yet. They believe this is my 2011 leaf problem also. However there may be a concern that my car was struck by lightning? It just will not charge. I am waiting for parts, and time will tell if replacing the module will work.

Add me to the list (2013 Leaf S) - Took delivery at the end of April. Now at 2200 miles and starting within the last 48 hours it's showing these exact symptoms. The EV warning light was on when I started the car but it went away after shutting it off and turning it back on again.

When I plug in the car I get the three beeps and then the "click" from the charger as the relay closes to initiate charging but it seems to stop charging after a short time.

I was wondering if it was my L2 charger (Schneider EVLink) but I'm glad that I checked here first. I toggled the circuit breaker for the charger anyway to see if that makes a difference.

I'll contact my dealer tomorrow morning and report back on how things go. :-/

Ken

Just a follow-up post. It's been two weeks since the car was fixed with the software update and we haven't had a charging failure since. :) We've used our home Aerovironment EVSE as well as public chargers, in a variety of heat and humidity and the car is charging like a champ!

Bateman said:
Just a follow-up post. It's been two weeks since the car was fixed with the software update and we haven't had a charging failure since. :) We've used our home Aerovironment EVSE as well as public chargers, in a variety of heat and humidity and the car is charging like a champ!
Same here.

Bateman said:
that's great! I am glad that the fix is working

Back