April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also Dashbord changed from Week of April 22 to Week of April 26. Palm Springs Nissan called to say that they had just been "invoiced". Carwings still not activated, but I was able to register on Nissan Owner's Page since I have my VIN (also given to me by the Palm Springs Nissan, although CS remains clueless!)

I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow for 10 days, but Palm Springs Nissan promised that if it arrives while I'm gone (probable, but I'm not holding my breath) they will not put it in the showroom or let anyone test drive it!

Got my 7 day email on Saturday, last night the DB changed to 4/28. :roll:

Memo to Nissan: Buy a clue.

On a positive note, my final electrical inspection was yesterday, now awaiting meter install.

jcesare said:

On a positive note, my final electrical inspection was yesterday, now awaiting meter install.

same thing with me. 7-day email and the delivery week jumps to end of April.
CS reports that the VIN is not attached to me car yet, at the port.

whatever that means.

thankyouOB said:
jcesare said:

whatever that means.

I've had a VIN for well over a month, carwings is activated, and my VIN shows up on my Blink account.
BTW I think that is one reason resequencing is so difficlut. The VIN has been propagated to multiple databases at least one of which is a different company. Data is also being shared with the utility companies and I wouldn't be surprised if VIN is being used as the unique ID to link all these databases. It is an easy way to design it, since a VIN is globaly unique. If this is the case it is very had to unwind. As we say in IT "fix and go forward."

thankyouOB said:
jcesare said:

whatever that means.

Ditto - from expect delivery in 7 days to... "I really meant 1 month"

April 12: 7-day email
April 14: changed to May 6
April 19: Changed to May 10

Reserved: April 20
Ordered: October 1 (supposed to be September)
Blink installed: March 24
VIN: 686

z0ner said:
Thanks everyone. I think the port in LB is finally opening up and we're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Fontana Nissan would be lucky to see one truck every 7-10 days, and now they've received three in 3 days. I made sure to schedule the first available appointment since they have to charge both truckloads with only two chargers. Please keep that in mind when you get the call.

How many standard outlets do they have ?

Seems like they could get 'em all charged up within 20 hours on L1.

jcesare said:
thankyouOB said:
jcesare said:

whatever that means.

I've had a VIN for well over a month, carwings is activated, and my VIN shows up on my Blink account.
BTW I think that is one reason resequencing is so difficlut. The VIN has been propagated to multiple databases at least one of which is a different company. Data is also being shared with the utility companies and I wouldn't be surprised if VIN is being used as the unique ID to link all these databases. It is an easy way to design it, since a VIN is globaly unique. If this is the case it is very had to unwind. As we say in IT "fix and go forward."

Same here, same estimated day since like... 3-4 weeks ago, has VIN#, no changes, no 7-day email, no info from dealership or Nissan CS.
Oh well, I'ill wait....

Well it's now April 19th and my DB still shows Week of April 8th. Called the dealer and he said the car is still on hold at the Port. So much for meeting delivery schedules. Great job Nissan! :evil:

smkettner said:
Well today is my week of day and I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop (7 day email) to see how much more delay there will be ;)
As Tom Petty might sing ...
The waiting is the hardest part
Every day you see one more card (errr e-mail, errr database update)
You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
Th wai-ai-ai-ting is the hardest part

jcesare said:
As I reported on the screw-up thread, CS live chat told me my vin is not the vin that shows up on my owner's portal page, which is registered with Carwings. So, a vin is registered with carwings under my name, but CS says that's not my car.

Makes me wonder if the screw-up goes a lot deeper than I previously thought.

csriram45 said:
Ok. Finally some good news. Brendan emailed to tell me my Leaf is at the dealership. Waiting for the call to come over and pick it up.

I got the email from Brendan as well; guess our cars were on the same truck. No call for me to set up a pickup time yet either though (but I suspect that will come in the next day or two). Looks like I'm going to have a good Earth Day celebration afterall :D

earther said:
csriram45 said:
Ok. Finally some good news. Brendan emailed to tell me my Leaf is at the dealership. Waiting for the call to come over and pick it up.

I got the email from Brendan as well; guess our cars were on the same truck. No call for me to set up a pickup time yet either though (but I suspect that will come in the next day or two). Looks like I'm going to have a good Earth Day celebration afterall :D

Congrats guys! Did you know ahead of time that your cars will arrive today or where you just given a very rough ETA? CS said that my car is on the truck awaiting delivery in a couple of days, but Brendan doesn't know my ETA at all. It is very odd that even when the car is on the truck( which I doubt ), the dealer still doesn't have much visibility.

trentr said:
Did you know ahead of time that your cars will arrive today or where you just given a very rough ETA?

my DB still reads "week of april 20th". someone on the forum mentioned spying a truck with 3+ Leafs unloading at Boardwalk on Monday, and so I was holding out some hope that mine would be one of those. Since Brendan hadn't mentioned it earlier, I had pretty much figured it wasn't, until I received his email this afternoon; I'm sure if he'd known, he would have said something, so I think this is further evidence that the transition from Port to Dealership is a blackhole in tracking from the dealers' perspective.

earther said:
Very glad to read about early September orders being delivered. Should have been sooner, but still good to see.

I was able to find someone at Nissan who could check on the status of my car at the port. They couldn't tell me when it'll be leaving port yet but they were able to confirm that mine hadn't gone through the AC fix yet, which isn't really a good sign (he said it was new that they were able to check on that).

He did say he'd inquire about whether they could do anything about my status since I got my 7 day email March 17th and sold my car already as a result of a reasonable expectation that it would have arrived by now. My DB still says April 1st and has for weeks. Crossing fingers that I get my car before my husband has to leave town next week.

earther said:
trentr said:
Did you know ahead of time that your cars will arrive today or where you just given a very rough ETA?

my DB still reads "week of april 20th". someone on the forum mentioned spying a truck with 3+ Leafs unloading at Boardwalk on Monday, and so I was holding out some hope that mine would be one of those. Since Brendan hadn't mentioned it earlier, I had pretty much figured it wasn't, until I received his email this afternoon; I'm sure if he'd known, he would have said something, so I think this is further evidence that the transition from Port to Dealership is a blackhole in tracking from the dealers' perspective.

My DB says the same. Brendan said he had no clue my Leaf was going to be here. Infact, I had been asking if the car was invoiced to dealer since typically its done 48 hours before but he said that Nissan is just sending them so they could show up anytime. I think BW Nissan is backed up pretty good so I can only go to pick it up tomorrow.

cdaveb said:
I was able to find someone at Nissan who could check on the status of my car at the port. They couldn't tell me when it'll be leaving port yet but they were able to confirm that mine hadn't gone through the AC fix yet, which isn't really a good sign (he said it was new that they were able to check on that).

He did say he'd inquire about whether they could do anything about my status since I got my 7 day email March 17th and sold my car already as a result of a reasonable expectation that it would have arrived by now. My DB still says April 1st and has for weeks. Crossing fingers that I get my car before my husband has to leave town next week.

Customer support was able to tell me that the software was updated on April 15, but they didn't know the version of the software. Car still at the port, no 7 days email.

I can now officially leave this thread because my LEAF finally arrived and was driven home this PM. Posted some comments on The official "I got my Leaf" thread. The VIN is 1571 so 922 is out there somewhere waiting for earther - hope he get it soon. Since the LEAF delivery at the dealer last Saturday, no impending delivery is scheduled. But who knows, given the poor communication.

Good luck to all waiting patiently for the LEAF.

Back