April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
waiting4leaf said:
Seriously guys. Most of you jumped on the Nissan trashing bandwagon. How do we even know if Orsadil's information is accurate?
I suppose that we don't. But, it would be a pretty sneaky trick on both Orsadil's and BrianSanDiego's parts to register on MNL in December and January, respectively, solely for the purpose of playing mind games with people who ordered before them, don't ya think?

There are several aspects of car buying that affect a future decision to stick with the company:

1. Treatment during the shopping experience;
2. Experience with the car itself;
3. Treatment after the sale.

Honda earned a rating of OUTSTANDING from me on all three with my old 1989 Civic. I would buy from Honda again in an eyeblink if they offered a car I wanted. Right now, I'm not interested in an ICE car.

With Toyota and my Prius I give them an OUTSTANDING on #2, and a SATISFACTORY on #1 and #3. I have a high degree of trust for the quality of their cars, but dealing with them is nothing special. Not great, not bad. They're okay. If they offer a car I want, I'll buy it. But all else being equal, I'd buy from Honda instead. All else was not equal between the Prius and the HCH, so I bought the Prius in 2004.

Nissan has earned a FAIL on #1, and numbers 2 and 3 are not yet applicable, since I'm still waiting for the car four months after we originally expected the first 4,700 cars to be delivered. The car will have to be exceptional for me to buy from them again once there's another option. And I will not be likely to trust any promises they make. Once there's another option, I will not even consider a Nissan unless the car is on the lot ready to drive away. At this time there is not another option, and since the still-being-fixed EV Porsche is likely always to be a project car, and I want a daily driver EV that can go on the freeway (which the Xebra cannot), I still intend to buy the Leaf. But the disinformation, the leapfrogging, the secrecy, the fact that even my dealer has not been given honest information, have greatly lowered my opinion of Nissan.

waiting4leaf said:
orasadil said:
After my dashboard changed many times and was finally changed to week of 4/20/11, lucky me I got my LEAF today, what an excitement, it took us about 4 hours, Fontana Nissan's Alex was so nice and helpful from the beginning to the end when we bye bye him and drove away, first he arranged and one of their employees picked us up at home 55 mile from Glendale to Fontana. The drive was very cool it was fully charged, it was already dark when we left there so lights were on and half the way A/C was on (today was very hot here) when we got home there was 30 miles left on the battery. By the way our resident is the first one to have Blink installed and Glendale city requires a separate counter for the unit which is very good idea so we will know exactly how much the unit uses or may be they want to charge less for that use we will see.
Reserved 6/12/10
Ordered 1/24/11
See "orasadil" on Spreadsheet
:D :D :D :D
LEAF.jpg

Seriously guys. Most of you jumped on the Nissan trashing bandwagon. How do we even know if Orsadil's information is accurate?

I assure you all my information are true and correct as I said lucky me, you guys who got upset take it easy who knows why I got, comparing to yours sooner. Nobody really knows how it works, all ideas are guess work, by the way I reserved on June 2010, it is 10 months ago, for those friends, as one of members mentioned do you want EV car or not then wait for it, all I can say it is worthed the wait, it is very nice and complete car I tried all remote control things it is very nice and convenient, right now you can't find such car anywhere, not Honda not Toyota or anyone, so please don't be upset for nothing, days are passing so fast that your turn will come too. Also I would like to inform those members who will get their LEAF hopefully soon NISSAN is offering a bumper to bumper warranty for $1450.00 you can choose different combination of time and mileage, I took 84 months/70000 miles. If you still have doubt that my info is not correct let me know I will put the image of the deal.

waiting4leaf said:
Hmm.. that's an interesting conundrum. Which is more credible? Orsadil, Nissan CS, or the My Account Page?
So seriously, how much would you wager that your LEAF arrives within 2 weeks of what your My Account page says?

orasadil said:
waiting4leaf said:
orasadil said:
After my dashboard changed many times and was finally changed to week of 4/20/11, lucky me I got my LEAF today, what an excitement, it took us about 4 hours, Fontana Nissan's Alex was so nice and helpful from the beginning to the end when we bye bye him and drove away, first he arranged and one of their employees picked us up at home 55 mile from Glendale to Fontana. The drive was very cool it was fully charged, it was already dark when we left there so lights were on and half the way A/C was on (today was very hot here) when we got home there was 30 miles left on the battery. By the way our resident is the first one to have Blink installed and Glendale city requires a separate counter for the unit which is very good idea so we will know exactly how much the unit uses or may be they want to charge less for that use we will see.
Reserved 6/12/10
Ordered 1/24/11
LEAF.jpg

I assure you all my information are true and correct as I said lucky me, you guys who got upset take it easy who knows why I got, comparing to yours sooner. Nobody really knows how it works, all ideas are guess work, by the way I reserved on June 2010, it is 10 months ago, for those friends, as one of members mentioned do you want EV car or not then wait for it, all I can say it is worthed the wait, it is very nice and complete car I tried all remote control things it is very nice and convenient, right now you can't find such car anywhere, not Honda not Toyota or anyone, so please don't be upset for nothing, days are passing so fast that your turn will come too. Also I would like to inform those members who will get their LEAF hopefully soon NISSAN is offering a bumper to bumper warranty for $1450.00 you can choose different combination of time and mileage, I took 84 months/70000 miles. If you still have doubt that my info is not correct let me know I will put the image of the deal.

$1450.00 for a bumper-to-bumper warranty? Why would I want to lay out that kind of money, unless I was concerned about the quality of the vehicle? Most "extended" auto warranties are a ripoff, imho. :roll:

orasadil said:
waiting4leaf said:
orasadil said:
Reserved 6/12/10
Ordered 1/24/11
LEAF.jpg

My intent was not to doubt what you said. You posted what you know. However, you (or I) do not know what exactly happened within Nissan and if you missed some information which led to you getting the car earlier. I reserved at the same time the rest of the folks did, however, I didn't get to order till late November. Why? I don't know.

ElectricVehicle said:
waiting4leaf said:
Hmm.. that's an interesting conundrum. Which is more credible? Orsadil, Nissan CS, or the My Account Page?
So seriously, how much would you wager that your LEAF arrives within 2 weeks of what your My Account page says?

Let's see. My dashboard says week of April 14th. Nissan CS tells me that everything is fine. My sales person is off for the weekend.

Beachcliffs said:
waiting4leaf said:
I suppose that we don't. But, it would be a pretty sneaky trick on both Orsadil's and BrianSanDiego's parts to register on MNL in December and January, respectively, solely for the purpose of playing mind games with people who ordered before them, don't ya think?

There is always two sides to the story. There might be more information than what's posted... or he's plain lucky.

Orsadil: have suggestions for Lotto numbers? :)

waiting4leaf said:
ElectricVehicle said:
waiting4leaf said:

Let's see. My dashboard says week of April 14th. Nissan CS tells me that everything is fine. My sales person is off for the weekend.
You can already see from my signature that in my case any or most wagers on the dates I've seen in the My Account would losing bets....

Stoaty said:
z0ner said:
I am giving Nissan exactly two more weeks from today before I cancel my order. Of course they'll make even more money by getting an orphan, but Nissan will never see another dime from me, nor my friends and family.
I understand your frustration, but do you want an EV or not? Nissan is the only (reasonably priced) game in town right now. The only reason I ordered from Nissan is because they have the first mass produced reasonably priced EV. For most of us, I suspect it is about the EV, not about Nissan. Cancelling now after the long wait seems counter productive.

However, we as consumers need to send a clear signal to Nissan, that what they have been practice are totally not acceptable! If Nissan ends up get us to pay additional 5000$, we will have to make them pay even more for it, being twittering, FB, mass news media, we need to let others in the general public to aware how screw up Nissan is in dealing with this problem. Did mwalsh get any honest feedback from that thread?

z0ner said:
Stoaty said:
I understand your frustration, but do you want an EV or not?

I certainly do, otherwise I wouldn't have paid the $100 res, the $100 non-refundable EVSE gouge fee, nor $450 to my electrician to wire me up a dedicated 240V outlet in the garage. I just don't know if I want to support Nissan and their handling of this entire order-to-delivery process. The lack of information from HQ, and the misinformation from customer service is mind-numbing. A car is a large purchase for most, and people are structuring their lives around it. When the delivery date jumps around 17 times during the process it's not funny any more.

Other cars are coming. We may not see an actual competitor for another year or so, but if Nissan can't get it together then I can wait for another company that is actually competent.

Any connection to news media that we can get here from the Forum? If by the end of April, Sept orders are not receiving all their cars (7+months), we should take it to the public

orasadil, You could have gotten the same extended warranty from Santa Rosa Nissan for $824. You still can. you have a grace period on the one you got. Efing finance managers love to rip off people. :evil:

Fishleafer said:
z0ner said:
Stoaty said:
I understand your frustration, but do you want an EV or not?

I certainly do, otherwise I wouldn't have paid the $100 res, the $100 non-refundable EVSE gouge fee, nor $450 to my electrician to wire me up a dedicated 240V outlet in the garage. I just don't know if I want to support Nissan and their handling of this entire order-to-delivery process. The lack of information from HQ, and the misinformation from customer service is mind-numbing. A car is a large purchase for most, and people are structuring their lives around it. When the delivery date jumps around 17 times during the process it's not funny any more.

Other cars are coming. We may not see an actual competitor for another year or so, but if Nissan can't get it together then I can wait for another company that is actually competent.

Any connection to news media that we can get here from the Forum? If by the end of April, Sept orders are not receiving all their cars (7+months), we should take it to the public

No story you are going to tell will survive the earthquake and tsunami story. it just wont work to charge them with incompetence when they country was devastated by an earthquake and nuclear disaster.
you think anyone cares that a few hundred (if that many) people had their order for a boutique car delayed and perhaps jumped over by other orders during the roll out of electric vehicles by Nissan.
It just wont get any traction. You cant even get traction with stories in CA of hundreds of thousands of people having MediCal cut and school budgets slashed and teachers laid off.
I think you need to first understand the environment and second know that Nissan has a bulletproof explanation; they were making this right and the earthquake hit.

Guys, guys, it's just a car (although hopefully a well-built and reliable groundbreaking one). If you must persist, please take it to the proper thread.

ElectricVehicle said:
I sure as hell hope not!!! My dealer says my car is in Portland but my dashboard says Month of July!!! That's three months away! (Before the non-starting issue, my dashboard said Week of April 22. So it's going to take three months to apply the fix???) On the other hand, my dealer thinks the dashboard is just a worthless piece of garbage. I mean the website dashboard... not talking about the car. :?

As a few others have commented, yes, it's a specialty car, and yes we are a few hundred people odd enough to want it and lucky enough to be able to afford it. But from the beginning Nissan has treated us with disrespect. That was a decision they made. They could have chosen differently.

downeykp said:
orasadil, You could have gotten the same extended warranty from Santa Rosa Nissan for $824. You still can. you have a grace period on the one you got. Efing finance managers love to rip off people. :evil:
Thank you but what I have is the GOLD Preferred covers 1993 components, they have Gold, Silver Preferred, Silver and Bronze which each level gets cheaper 1854, 1374,1328 and 782 components are covered, please let me know if $824 is the GOLD Preferred.
Thanks a lot

orasadil said:
downeykp said:
Thank you but what I have is the GOLD Preferred covers 1993 components, they have Gold, Silver Preferred, Silver and Bronze which each level gets cheaper 1854, 1374,1328 and 782 components are covered, please let me know if $824 is the GOLD Preferred.
Thanks a lot

I think the Gold covers all of the muffler, exhaust system, and even includes stuff like fan belts and alternators. ;)

LEAFfan said:
AmarilloLeaf said:
I think the Gold covers all of the muffler, exhaust system, and even includes stuff like fan belts and alternators. ;)

And FREE oil changes for LIFE!

The gold probably also covers the fuel tank, fuel lines, fuel pump, catalytic converter, fuel injectors. Man! That Gold Warranty covers EVERYTHING! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back