April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jlaw99 said:
What is the procedure for testing for the AC "bug"? Is there a step by step in the thread? If not, it would be great to have one we could follow. Also, how is there a way to tell if the fix or update or whatever has been applied to the leaf (to address the AC "bug") ? Anyone? Thanks!
aqn said:
jlaw99 said:
I just read the wiki - that is an awesome collection of information - great to have all the info in one place on the topic - I like it! Thanks!!
Cool! I'm very glad to hear that it is of some help to someone else beside me!

csriram45 said:
lol. I find it surprising that you guys are fighting over the fact that your one date is earlier than others. My DB still say Mar 31st and the Leaf isn't here. So just calm down, let the port start transporting Leaf's and then if the dates are in the wrong order, start complaining. :)

Ouch! So, I should count on waiting for a little longer.

My order was placed on Sept 30 and they finally gave me a week of May 2 date on Friday.

I am keeping a manually updated spreadsheet based on turbo2ltr's work but where I update it based on what I see reported on the Forum since some people don't update that often.

I was hoping for an actual order date so I could place you in the right place but I will just use Dec 1 for now.

RSH said:
FYI, I reserved at 2:37 on 4/20 using American Express. It took me two days for me to realize that American Express didn't work.
Wow! And I thought my AmEx woes were bad. Actually, I didn't get a chance to enter my AmEx number until about 2:50 because the website kept misrouting me to the signup instead of the reservation. I finally switched browsers to get around that one. But once I got to the credit card step it told me my number was invalid. Tried three times, including flushing cache and restarting browser, then gave up and used my wife's Visa card. So what tipped you off that AmEx didn't work? Did you check for the charge online?

Ray

z0ner said:
No movement since 3/21, ugh.

The waiting game is bad enough, but when so many have leapfrogged ahead of you based on order date, I find it takes a whole other level of patience.
It looks like I must be in the same batch you are, since I've been sitting on the same "week of April 13" for almost as long as you. I actually submitted my RAQ two days before you did, but my dealer sat on it for 24 hours. My (still unresolved) two VINs bracket yours.

By the way, I don't remember anyone actually saying this, but I've decided that "week of" is really ESL (English as a Second Language) for "within a week of", i.e. date +/- seven days.

Ray

planet4ever said:
RSH said:
So what tipped you off that AmEx didn't work? Did you check for the charge online?

Ray

As I recall, two days later I checked the Nissan site and found a message that my order was incomplete because I had not placed my deposit. So at that time I paid again using Visa and then saw that the process was complete.

planet4ever said:
It looks like I must be in the same batch you are, since I've been sitting on the same "week of April 13" for almost as long as you. I actually submitted my RAQ two days before you did, but my dealer sat on it for 24 hours. My (still unresolved) two VINs bracket yours.

I have been stuck at week of apr 13 since 3/29, received 7-day email on 3/24, have RAQ of 9/2, two VINs and 2 CW activated. planet4ever and I may be stuck in the same situation.

linkim said:
planet4ever said:

I have been stuck at week of apr 13 since 3/29, received 7-day email on 3/24, have RAQ of 9/2, two VINs and 2 CW activated. planet4ever and I may be stuck in the same situation.
Have you guys (linkim and planet4ever) gotten a call from our dealer? He was calling around on Friday and I passed on Brendan Dolan's recipe for information mining, which he used while we were talking. He can see a lot. If you haven't spoken to him since Friday, it's worth the effort.

gascant said:
Have you guys (linkim and planet4ever) gotten a call from our dealer? He was calling around on Friday and I passed on Brendan Dolan's recipe for information mining, which he used while we were talking. He can see a lot. If you haven't spoken to him since Friday, it's worth the effort.[/quote

I just returned from talking to the dealer. We should receive an email on 4/11 from them indicating another delay. A/C fix is still going on. If we are lucky planet4ever and I should receive our vehicles about one week later. So at best there may be a 1 week delay. Also according to the dealer, one of my VINs (922) has disappeared from their records but still shows on my DB. The dealers are having a conference call with Nissan on 4/20 so hopefully more info will be coming.

linkim said:
I just returned from talking to the dealer. We should receive an email on 4/11 from them indicating another delay. A/C fix is still going on. If we are lucky planet4ever and I should receive our vehicles about one week later. So at best there may be a 1 week delay.
Not surprising--same dealer told me they usually ship the cars and have the dealers fix them but I'm guessing it's just easier for them to be fixed in Long Beach while they apply the options. 1 week isn't too bad of a delay. After all, we've waited a year (officially).

gascant said:
Have you guys (linkim and planet4ever) gotten a call from our dealer? He was calling around on Friday and I passed on Brendan Dolan's recipe for information mining, which he used while we were talking. He can see a lot. If you haven't spoken to him since Friday, it's worth the effort.
He hasn't called me, and still doesn't answer his phone. But I got lucky yesterday. I called the front desk and Aaron answered. All he had to say was that he didn't know what was going on, but would research and get back to me on Monday. If he actually calls me that will be a first.

Ray

planet4ever said:
He hasn't called me, and still doesn't answer his phone. But I got lucky yesterday. I called the front desk and Aaron answered. All he had to say was that he didn't know what was going on, but would research and get back to me on Monday. If he actually calls me that will be a first.
p4e I found the best strategy is to just go there and either Aaron or Kahssay will sit with you and show you the info. Since you live somewhat far, I'd suggest calling sales before you head out just to make sure one of them will be there. Kahssay spent a 1/2 hour with me when I popped in after last week's BayLEAF's meeting. He was able to show me that all of my system-generated emails were going to some guy in Santa Monica and not to me!

gascant said:

What's this recipe? I've been checking with my dealer every weekday to see if I can get more information, but all she can tell me is that the car is still at port and there's no way to get any further details about how long it'll be before it's ready to go on the truck. The website still says week of April 1st.

cdaveb said:
gascant said:

What's this recipe? I've been checking with my dealer every weekday to see if I can get more information, but all she can tell me is that the car is still at port and there's no way to get any further details about how long it'll be before it's ready to go on the truck. The website still says week of April 1st.

Courtesy of gascant from Apr 7 posting:

"On the Month of X to Pending thread, Brendan Dolan posted the following procedure for finding out if your car is in port with a VIN assigned:

Call your PD, and tell them to follow these steps. Log into NNANet, go to "Work Space" and the "Order Management System." Hover over "Reports" and click "Status Reports." Finally, click "Customer Orders" and then he'll have a pdf of all his inbound orders.

If you have a VIN, your car is built. If it has a VIN and the status is "HOLD" it's stuck in the port. I've had a few people lose their ETA's on their dashboard, but their cars are built, and in the port. If your name isn't on that report, your car is not yet in line for production."

lzendle said:
My Dashboard still says "week of April 18" but still no VIN#. The dealer says he has no more information than what I see on the Dashboard.

I don't think that the dashboard has the VIN. For that, you have to check the "Owners Site" - https://www.nissanusa.com/owners/vehicles

My dashboard, like yours, says week of April 18th, but doesn't include my VIN. My owner's site "My Vehicles" page has my VIN.

Back