April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thankyouOB said:
qcar said:
svBackstreets said:
4/14 > 4/13 > 4/7 > 4/12 > 4/15 >4/18 Eriday to Monday.

Date changed on 3/23 at about 11PM MST

VIN 1609

Mine did exactly the same thing
vin 1760

ditto for me.
i got my ecot apptmt for evse install set.

What do you mean by non-ideal EVSE install?

I am curious about this, because mine is also expected to be non-ideal. My electrical panel is on the third floor of my townhouse, almost as far from the garage as you can get! The electrical contractor seemed to think this wasn't a huge deal at the site assessment, but I sure thought it was.

Visited my dealer this morning, and his records show a delivery week of Apr 22, while my DB today shows Apr. 18 - close enough if the car arrives. The two VINs assigned to me is resolved, I think. The first VIN 922 I received has a production date of 02/26/11 and the LEAF I am receiving (VIN 1571) has production date of 03/07/11, just before the Japan disaster. However, VIN 922 is headed for Nashville (ETA week of Apr. 22), even though I activated Carwings and received notice that this vehicle was in my owners portal. On the vehicle detail sheet I received from the dealer it shows for both vehicles:

Shipping VPC - 44
Status - SIT (does this mean still in transit?)

Still no word from Ecotality.

linkim said:
Visited my dealer this morning, and his records show a delivery week of Apr 22, while my DB today shows Apr. 18 - close enough if the car arrives. The two VINs assigned to me is resolved, I think. The first VIN 922 I received has a production date of 02/26/11 and the LEAF I am receiving (VIN 1571) has production date of 03/07/11, just before the Japan disaster. However, VIN 922 is headed for Nashville (ETA week of Apr. 22), even though I activated Carwings and received notice that this vehicle was in my owners portal. On the vehicle detail sheet I received from the dealer it shows for both vehicles:

Shipping VPC - 44
Status - SIT (does this mean still in transit?)

Still no word from Ecotality.

Kim, if you are in the EV project and you need to talk to Ecotality about it, call them now! 800 998 2546
They are very nice.

uwskier20 said:

I am curious about this, because mine is also expected to be non-ideal. My electrical panel is on the third floor of my townhouse, almost as far from the garage as you can get! The electrical contractor seemed to think this wasn't a huge deal at the site assessment, but I sure thought it was.
There factors are whether your existing panel has available capacity, and the length of the cable/conduit run, and whether it is necessary to fish through walls. I had an easy install, but when the tech did my assessment, he indicated that the conduit run had to be under 18ft, which limited where in my garage the EVSE could go.

davewill said:
uwskier20 said:

There factors are whether your existing panel has available capacity, and the length of the cable/conduit run, and whether it is necessary to fish through walls. I had an easy install, but when the tech did my assessment, he indicated that the conduit run had to be under 18ft, which limited where in my garage the EVSE could go.

exactly.

An 18 foot conduit run limit doesn't make sense. My quote was for 30' of conduit, and that was just to run the line from the front of the garage where the electrical panel is to the back wall of the garage. There didn't seem to be any issue with this during the assessment or when I received the quote. Heck, most 220V lines for appliances run a lot further than that.

DarkDave said:
An 18 foot conduit run limit doesn't make sense. My quote was for 30' of conduit, and that was just to run the line from the front of the garage where the electrical panel is to the back wall of the garage. There didn't seem to be any issue with this during the assessment or when I received the quote. Heck, most 220V lines for appliances run a lot further than that.
It wasn't a technical limit, but a money limit. More than that, and I'd have had to pay. And I'm cheap.

Interesting, my LEAF disappeared from Carwings today and I am getting the message below. Now, how am I supposed to know my PIN, if it was associated to my car/VIN that just disappeared. I guess it will come back.

No change to my date yet (today).

You do not have any vehicles currently active in your account. Your Nissan LEAF™ will be available once the CARWINGS™ PIN and password has been activated via your vehicle's NAVI system. For further enquiries or troubleshooting, please contact Nissan Customer Service at 877-NO GAS EV (664-2738).

4/14 > 4/13 > 4/7 > 4/12 > 4/15 >4/18 and now.......>4/14 as of 12:30 AM March 25 PDT

Vin #1760 Red SL-QC with Kick Plates

idunk said:
Interesting, my LEAF disappeared from Carwings today and I am getting the message below. Now, how am I supposed to know my PIN, if it was associated to my car/VIN that just disappeared. I guess it will come back.

You do not have any vehicles currently active in your account. Your Nissan LEAF™ will be available once the CARWINGS™ PIN and password has been activated via your vehicle's NAVI system. For further enquiries or troubleshooting, please contact Nissan Customer Service at 877-NO GAS EV (664-2738).

Looks to me as though Nissan finally corrected the mess-up in ordering sequence. IMHO, your car is going back to "pending" in order to get you in the proper que. You'll probably get your car in June-July. with the rest of the Jan-Feb RAQ's.

idunk said:

My date changed again to week of Apr. 14. Your sequence is starting to look very similar to mine.

Apr 6 (3/11) -> Apr 4 (3/12) -> Mar 31 (3/13) -> Apr 14 (3/17) -> Apr 12 (3/18) -> Apr 11 (3/19) -> Apr 7 (3/20) -> Apr 19 (3/22) -> Apr 13 (3/22) -> Apr 15 (3/23) -> Apr 18 (3/24) -> Apr 14 (3/25) ->??

linkim said:
idunk said:

My date changed again to week of Apr. 14. Your sequence is starting to look very similar to mine.

Apr 6 (3/11) -> Apr 4 (3/12) -> Mar 31 (3/13) -> Apr 14 (3/17) -> Apr 12 (3/18) -> Apr 11 (3/19) -> Apr 7 (3/20) -> Apr 19 (3/22) -> Apr 13 (3/22) -> Apr 15 (3/23) -> Apr 18 (3/24) -> Apr 14 (3/25) ->??

week of April 14th again.. Vin 1441

waiting4leaf said:
linkim said:
idunk said:

week of April 14th again.. Vin 1441

ditto. in the last period, it has stayed three weeks or more away.
but ecot is coming in 10 days, right after my birthday.

Week of April 15 -> Week of April 19 -> Week of April 15 (this AM). Looks like it is getting close! Charging dock being installed today by William Korthof.

derkraut--What is you current delivery status? We both ordered on January 7. I received an April delivery date that went to May and is now pending

linkim said:
idunk said:

4/14 as well, car's back on carwings

Pending April

Week of 4/15
Week of 4/19

Car disappeared from Carwings

Back to week of 4/15 after midnight last night

Car still missing from Carwings??

Back