April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too. September order delayed to 1st of October. Pending changed to April a couple of weeks ago, and today changed to May. And... I placed my reservation within 10 minutes of my two coworkers that picked theirs up in January!?!

1051 said:
I just got moved also, I arranged my April so I would be in town the whole month. They are about to loose a customer that has purchased 4 Infiniti's over the years! :evil:

Sorry to hear it, Mitch. Nissan should have learned already to under-promise and over-deliver.

I too got shifted from April to May delivery. All this changing of dates is very frustrating to anyone trying to plan their schedules. I am heading out on vacation mid May, and with my luck that is when the car will show up. If it does show up that week, the dealer can put it on the showroom floor with a velvet rope around it until I can pick it up.

Same story as many of you. Sep order got delayed until Oct 1 due to Ecotality. April delivery date moved to May. I would like Nissan to provide an explanation. I've always planned to wait for the Leaf, but these delays are making me think twice.

After reading all the above, I was sweating bullets when I went to my account tonight. Somehow I managed to avoid the bump out to May. Still showing April--maybe because I had my EVSE installed while expecting delivery in December????

My delivery date just changed from April to May, too. I wonder if me not being able to see the free eTec survey on my dashboard has anything to do with the delay in delivery date.

I have been changed from April to May also.
Maybe April doesn't exist in Japan.
I really don't care, but this nonsense from Nissan is getting out of hand. Why can't they get this right. We'e not talking about thousands of cars here!

avanti5010 said:
We'e not talking about thousands of cars here!
Actually, we are talking about thousands of cars--6,000 to be exact, to be delivered to the Japanese domestic market by Mar. 31 before their gov't subsidies run out. Then USA deliveries will ramp up in April and May, and they will deliver 8,000 here by the end of summer. At least that's what Nissan is saying these days if you read the news reports and interviews with their executives....

Nissan is making it right by giving an update on the delivery info. Actually this is good advance notice.

And besides it may only be a few days delayed. Don't assume you went from April 1st to May 31st

I do not believe that Nissan`s commitment is to deliver 8,000 by the end of the summer. I believe they are talking about orders in the Launch States only. About 5,000 cars.( 20,000 reservations x 60% = 12,000 x 40% ordering rate = about 5,000). Not a stretch commitment if they are producing 4,000 a month in April, May, June, etc

idunk said:
Moved to May as well (January 8 order date). I am wondering whether it has anything to do with having my application for the Bay Area EV Project approved yesterday. Can people who have been bumped to May answer the following questions:
a) Have you recently applied for the EV Project?
b) If so, was your application approved just before you were bumped to May?
c) If so, how long did it take for you to be bumped after your application was accepted?

Thanks!
My 'estimated' delivery was also moved from April to May - Not sure when exactly it happened, I just decided to check it today after reading the Forum.
a) YES - I'm located in the SF Bay Area and I applied for the eTec program about 8-10 days ago
b) My eTec application shows 'accepted' (does that mean that I qualify for the EV Project? - I have received no notification from Ecototality so far)
c) Again, I have no idea of the exact timing between the eTec application being accepted and the change to my delivery date.

I would be surprised if there is a connection - Why would Nissan delay delivery to accomodate the EV Project?
Anyone not applying for eTec get bumped from April to May?

smkettner said:
Nissan is making it right by giving an update on the delivery info. Actually this is good advance notice.

And besides it may only be a few days delayed. Don't assume you went from April 1st to May 31st

I agree with smkettner. Count your blessings ! Mine was an Dec 01 2010 order with an initial estimated delivery of 4-7 months, which means any time between April 1 and July 1 2011.
When my delivery went from pending to month of April , I was thrilled, but just as Nissan gave me a November order date and didn't allow me to order until November 30, I figure April could mean April 31 - So now May doesn't look bad either.... It's better than July 1 !!!

I have a January 7 order date and have been moved from April to May as well. I do not believe that the Etec charger has anything to do with the delay. I have been Etec "accepted" as of December, here in San Diego. I think it is a matter of production. It looks like 3/4 off March production will go to deliveries in Japan. Most of the the 4,000 or so produced in April will not reach our shores until late April or mid May. Also add in the time for QA work at Long Beach Ca. I am hoping for an early May delivery, unless QA is still a big issue.

solarman said:
idunk said:
Moved to May as well (January 8 order date).
My 'estimated' delivery was also moved from April to May.

Anyone not applying for eTec get bumped from April to May?
[solarman reports a Dec 1 order date]

Azat said:
[The spreadsheet says azat has a Nov 26 order date.]

As one of several people with a Sep 2 order date and an April delivery estimate, I really don't see why people who ordered in Nov, Dec, and Jan should be concerned or surprised at their delivery being moved to May. Even MaryC, with her Oct 25 order date, should, I think, be well behind all of us early Sep folk in the queue.

Ray

I am not surprised that my delivery went from April to May(be). I was more surpised that NIssan said it was April in the first place. The LEAFs will be here when they get here. Though my current car isn't going to last much longer (19yrs). I was hoping not to have to buy new tires for it. :lol:

Back