Annual Battery Report.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
palmermd said:
I don't think it matters. I can tell from your post that you will get 5 stars. haha.

5 stars across the board. :roll: The question is, will make it through summer without losing my first bar. 17000 miles, 24 months, 9/32 left on all four tires.

I'm a little concerned. In march the battery showed 276 gids. Now it's at 258 and cell #16 is 30mV low at 100% charge and 55mV low at 70 gids. 3 times the variation of the other cells. :)
Ya I know, it's 2 & 1/2 years old and 25,000 miles so 8% degradation ain't that bad. It's just that it could be so much better.

i tried to get this service done at a local dealer on saturday, they told me to come back M thru F, because they have to talk to nissan servers?? (and they are closed on weekends).. is this true?

atlleaf said:
i tried to get this service done at a local dealer on saturday, they told me to come back M thru F, because they have to talk to nissan servers?? (and they are closed on weekends).. is this true?

It's more probable that the LEAF Cerified tech at the dealership doesn't work on weekends. OR (in case they get into trouble) nobody technical at the corporate level is available on weekends. The latter is far more likely of the two scenarios.

Sigh... Why can't dealers just be honest and admit such things rather than making themselves look like incompetent or lying fools!

mwalsh said:
atlleaf said:
It's more probable that the LEAF Cerified tech at the dealership doesn't work on weekends. OR (in case they get into trouble) nobody technical at the corporate level is available on weekends. The latter is far more likely of the two scenarios.

For those of you getting ready to pay out of pocket for your third Annual Report - the price should be around $57 (or at least that's what they want for it at Connell Nissan) and the window for doing it is 3 months either way from your in-service date.

Remember...these are required for your pack to stay in-warranty.

Interesting. Just got the following email from Nissan regarding my 36 month service. The way it's set out it a bit funky (note bulletpoint before "Battery Usage Report", where I would expect a follow-on of the previous sentence), but to me it reads that the 36 month battery check is complimentary, which is contrary to what is printed in the Service and Maintenance Guide.

However, the email also calls for replacing the brake fluid. And that's not required at 36 months on the Schedule 2 plan (the one I'm on). Besides which, I just had it done 12 months ago.

The cabin air filter and tire rotation I'd take care of myself. MPIs are supposed to be complementary.

So the bottom line is that I'll still go in expecting to pay for the battery usage report, but will be pleasantly surprised if it comes out as a comp.

Come in for your 36-Month maintenance service and CONNELL NISSAN will:

*Provide a comprehensive complimentary EV
*Battery Usage Report
*Replace brake fluid
*Replace in-cabin microfilter
*Rotate tires

Inspect the following:
*Axle and suspension
*Brake lines and cables
*Brake pads and rotors
*Charging port
*Drive shaft boots
*Front suspension ball joints
*Reduction gear oil
*Steering gear and linkage
*Steering linkage ball joints

mwalsh said:
but to me it reads that the 36 month battery check is complimentary, which is contrary to what is printed in the Service and Maintenance Guide.
So did you have the annual battery report done? Was it complementary? Thanks!

Didn't get any complements but Glendale Nissan did my 3rd year battery report for free. The service rep was very good. No print out provided but why waste the paper and ink on something useless?

Hope the data helps Nissan.

91040 said:
Didn't get any complements but Glendale Nissan did my 3rd year battery report for free. The service rep was very good. No print out provided but why waste the paper and ink on something useless?

Hope the data helps Nissan.

Hope you got at least something that can serve as proof it was (or should have been) actually done, like a service order?

mwalsh said:
Interesting. Just got the following email from Nissan regarding my 36 month service. The way it's set out it a bit funky (note bulletpoint before "Battery Usage Report", where I would expect a follow-on of the previous sentence), but to me it reads that the 36 month battery check is complimentary, which is contrary to what is printed in the Service and Maintenance Guide.

However, the email also calls for replacing the brake fluid. And that's not required at 36 months on the Schedule 2 plan (the one I'm on). Besides which, I just had it done 12 months ago.

The cabin air filter and tire rotation I'd take care of myself. MPIs are supposed to be complementary.

So the bottom line is that I'll still go in expecting to pay for the battery usage report, but will be pleasantly surprised if it comes out as a comp.

Come in for your 36-Month maintenance service and CONNELL NISSAN will:

*Provide a comprehensive complimentary EV
*Battery Usage Report
*Replace brake fluid
*Replace in-cabin microfilter
*Rotate tires

Inspect the following:
*Axle and suspension
*Brake lines and cables
*Brake pads and rotors
*Charging port
*Drive shaft boots
*Front suspension ball joints
*Reduction gear oil
*Steering gear and linkage
*Steering linkage ball joints

Nissan needs to stop telling me my annual battery report is going to be complimentary. Or you know what, I'm going to start insisting just that. It's been 4 years now, it's time they started getting the basic stuff right. Seriously, what is up with that company?

Edit: Oh, not to mention that I apparently now have a battery warranty again! ;) :lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 54
Back