Airbag / Occupancy sensor issue 2015 SL

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaliu98

[youtube]https://youtu.be/zw8ATVgsyOE/[youtube]

Anyone has similar issue?
They tried to fix it once, made it worse.

I posted this last year:

The LEAF has an Occupant Classification System with sensors installed under the passenger seat. It's designed to suppress the airbag in the event that it detects the presence of a child or infant, or an adult who is seated in such a way that would cause injury to them if the airbag deploys (such as leaning too far forward). It does so by attempting to determine the weight and position of the occupant.

That means the passenger is either leaning in their seat in such a way that causes the car to determine it's safer for the airbag to be disabled... or... there's a faulty or miscalibrated sensor causing the OCS to disable the airbag.

If the passenger isn't leaning, I would take the car into the dealer for repairs.

I suggest you try sitting in the seat, upright, and don't slouch- and see what it does. The system may be operating correctly, and your son may be of sufficient weight to be classified as an adult, but your son may be sitting in such a way that would make deployment of the airbag unsafe, so it disables the airbag.

Back