20,000 miles and ~1.5 years into owning and still no service

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVDrive

So am I the only one who hasn't gone into a dealer for the stupid 5 stars regardless battery check?
I have also avoided the software updates as well (besides the first one that was done at port early 2011... after my leaf was stranded in longbeach as they tried to figure out the ac power overload issue).

No issues so far. Am I missing something? Is the world going to end? Seems like the battery warranty is a complete joke which is the only reason I would go in for service anyway.

If you have battery issues down the road and you DON'T get the yearly battery test, Nissan can claim you are in contempt and reject service - since it states in the warranty that the yearly battery check is required.

In theory this could be an issue. Capacity is not warranted which makes the battery warranty a joke in my mind. We'll see how Nissan responds to the hot weather batteries though. If I have some cells that fail because of bad workmanship I would hate to pay out of pocket.

Maybe coincidence but my capacity seemed to start dropping right after I went in for my battery check and received various updates.
I wish I had passed on the service or at least wish I new why that seemed like the inflection point.

smkettner said:
Maybe coincidence but my capacity seemed to start dropping right after I went in for my battery check and received various updates.
I wish I had passed on the service or at least wish I new why that seemed like the inflection point.

I have heard the same thing from others. The theory is that they are hiding more of the pack now to protect it. My range is already as little as I can handle as it is. I would hate to start running out sooner after the software updates.

Gone in for the battery check (and will continue to do so); passed on both updates - I like determining my range just the way I always have, have never seen the no start after pre-conditioning issue, and have only had carwings connectivity drop the one time (and I know how to fix that) - so no thanks to those. However, I do plan on the brake fluid flush in January, just to avoid the potential of brake system warranty issues in year 3.

Back