1 Year "Battery Check" Results

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LEAFfan said:
You people amaze me when you try to discount something where you have no idea what you are talking about. I've posted many times that the techs worked with Nissan way before the LEAF was even announced. You can keep pushing and posting your FUD, but the fact remains that QCing up to 6 times a day causes no more degradation to the battery pack than L2 charging over 8yrs./100K miles. This will be re-verified with the Japanese taxis. Use your heads and think a bit...what viable use is a QC port if you can only use it once a day?!

That makes a lot of sense. What muddies the waters is when Nissan itself admonishes a 1/day limit. Fine, Mark Perry or visiting Nissan engineers say it's fine. If true, revise the user docs! At least before there ARE QC's :p

Since the loss of the first check box is almost 15 percent, it would have to be a very dramatic loss in capacity to even show up on the battery report.

EdmondLeaf said:
Loss in battery capacity? It’s something we haven’t seen yet after 11 months of ownership -- and something that the majority of Leaf owners aren’t reporting either.
Do you own a Leaf? Have you had your first year’s service and battery report? Let us know your results in the Comments below.
http://www.greencarreports.com/news...f-one-year-on-how-healthy-is-the-battery-pack

The first year battery report gives everyone a top score even if you have 20K miles and charge to 100% ever single time you charge from day one. It's just a feel-good report.

My first year battery check was horrible. It took 2 hours and the service adviser hands me a printout of an analysis of the 12v accessory battery. I couldn't convince him to check the battery pack. He said it doesn't need checking, that there are no
codes recorded. Time to find a new service dealer.

c1987 said:
My first year battery check was horrible. It took 2 hours and the service adviser hands me a printout of an analysis of the 12v accessory battery. I couldn't convince him to check the battery pack. He said it doesn't need checking, that there are no
codes recorded. Time to find a new service dealer.

That's your queue to call LEAF customer service. They need to know the dealer is not doing what they should be doing.

One year battery check and software update at Korum's Puyallup Nissan - 8,800 miles..
I told the writer that the tires had been rotated and the cabin filter changed by me. No push for brake fluid or anything else.

Was able to watch tech from waiting area - appeared to be going over vehicle. Test drove.

In at 10, out at 11:30. $0.00. Coffee, popcorn and WiFi - even iPad loaners if wanted.

I won't keep you in suspense - 4 x 5 stars. Who wudda thunk? ;)

NOTE: If you are not already aware, it appears that the software update may change some of your timer settings. For me, it turned the 80% timer off, resulting in my battery sitting at full charge for longer than I would have liked.

10 months of ownership, 13,300 miles on odometer. Took car to Town North Nissan in Austin, TX for one year/12,000 mile battery check. Was in and out in about 15 minutes - great service, no charge! I didn't do anything BUT the battery check. I replaced the cabin filter myself (filthy!), will rotate tires at Discount Tire (where I got my Continental Extreme Contacts) and frankly, I think the brake fluid flush is BS.

As stated by others, the report was pretty generic.. everything came back very good. I have never quick charged, always charge to 100% and have yet to notice battery capacity loss. Not to say I don't have some, just haven't noticed any loss of range. I also never park in the sun for long periods (garaged at home and at work.) Still loving my Leaf!

Back