Leafs Over Texas!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AndyH said:
First quote back from IPAQ San Antonio. This is a dealership that I have a relationship with - including bringing them copies of the Nissan briefing papers, Electric Auto Association magazine issue with lots of Leaf info, and a copy of 'Who Killed the Electric Car'.
2011 Nissan Leaf SV MSRP: $32780
Market Adjustment $3000
Subtotal $35780 + TTL

Yeah - a $3000 'Market Adjustment'.

I'm thinking...No.

I talked with IPAQ's Leaf point of contact and explained that there are plenty of dealers selling at MSRP and below - including dealers in Texas. I asked them to sharpen their pencils and try again - and turned the quote back for rework on the Nissan site. I didn't get an answer from the dealership and haven't gotten a new quote. Time to move on. Let's see what Gunn comes back with...

(no - I don't recommend this as a solid way to 'make a deal' but I think it's worth it from an 'information gathering' perspective. ;) )

jlaw99 said:
How many reservation holders do we have in San Antonio? (at least on the forum that we know of...)

I only know of 2 or 3 from the forum. I just wasted 30 minutes looking for the 'reservation map' that we used to have but cannot find it. :?

edit...

Found the map thread: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=217
And map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=101695356237695844500.000485571a29e01b60343

There are three on the map - MattG, Soviet, and mine.

Four of us! ;)

AndyH said:
jlaw99 said:
How many reservation holders do we have in San Antonio? (at least on the forum that we know of...)

I only know of 2 or 3 from the forum. I just wasted 30 minutes looking for the 'reservation map' that we used to have but cannot find it. :?

edit...

Found the map thread: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=217
And map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=101695356237695844500.000485571a29e01b60343

There are three on the map - MattG, Soviet, and mine.

Four of us! ;)

I think it's weird that there aren't any Austin reservations on the list -- it's a high tech town, it's a green town, and yet, we don't seem to have any Austin members on the forum. I wonder if it is just a population (size) thing.

The electrician who did my assessment said he had done 5 others. I guess they haven't found the forum. If we could all get together and go to one dealer for the best price that would be cool! I know we all would have different order dates, but I can envision a semi pulling in with all our leafs!

Hi Texas Thread.

Add Amarillo, TX to the list.

Reservation made in July, assessment made September and received the assessment quote last night (10/7). I feel alone up here, everybody thinks I am techno-squirrel for getting a Leaf... My dad thought I was nuts. I have made contact with Nissan in Auburn, WA as it appears they are discounting more off MSRP than some folks. Anybody have any luck in Texas?

Ordered mine from the Texas Nissan Grapevine dealership. Approx $800 below msrp. Came out to $430/mo (lease) with all my options+quick charger port ($2k down).

The Aerovironment quote was rediculous... Basic install (non custom, was about $2300, tax in. $700 for the charger, $1300 for the install, and taxes/permits). Nissan, if you're listening--- FIRE Aerovironment! Give us better choices! I just lost $100 having their guy come out to look at my place (10 minutes of "work"). Going to have it done from someone else.

eddiey said:
Ordered mine from the Texas Nissan Grapevine dealership. Approx $800 below msrp. Came out to $430/mo (lease) with all my options+quick charger port ($2k down).

Hmmm. Looks too high. What was the car sale price that was quoted ?

Yeah I was quoted the same standard installation of around $2,300 here in Amarillo, sure seems high but I will probably move forward with it. Being early adopters, we just have to pay more until the rest catch up. Will probably place order before long. Does anyone know what the kick plate option looks like? I've read the write up, but wonder if is worth the price.

REFFY said:
Yeah I was quoted the same standard installation of around $2,300 here in Amarillo, sure seems high but I will probably move forward with it. Being early adopters, we just have to pay more until the rest catch up. Will probably place order before long. Does anyone know what the kick plate option looks like? I've read the write up, but wonder if is worth the price.

You don't have to get it installed by AV. Checkout the various EVSE threads - you can just buy the EVSE and get it installed for a couple of hundred bucks on your own.

evnow said:
eddiey said:

Hmmm. Looks too high. What was the car sale price that was quoted ?

34875 was MSRP. I did add an extra milage option (15k/yr) to the 39 mo. lease. What should it be around?

AndyH said:
AndyH said:
First quote back from IPAQ San Antonio. This is a dealership that I have a relationship with - including bringing them copies of the Nissan briefing papers, Electric Auto Association magazine issue with lots of Leaf info, and a copy of 'Who Killed the Electric Car'.
2011 Nissan Leaf SV MSRP: $32780
Market Adjustment $3000
Subtotal $35780 + TTL

Yeah - a $3000 'Market Adjustment'.

I'm thinking...No.

I talked with IPAQ's Leaf point of contact and explained that there are plenty of dealers selling at MSRP and below - including dealers in Texas. I asked them to sharpen their pencils and try again - and turned the quote back for rework on the Nissan site. I didn't get an answer from the dealership and haven't gotten a new quote. Time to move on. Let's see what Gunn comes back with...

Well, I changed my dealer to Gunn and requested a quote at 1pm Oct 5th. The RFQ process again said I'd get an answer in 24 hours. No reply as of 2pm on the 14th.

I just changed dealers to World Car Nissan on the NE side and requested a quote. Let's see what happens...

AndyH said:
Well, I changed my dealer to Gunn and requested a quote at 1pm Oct 5th. The RFQ process again said I'd get an answer in 24 hours. No reply as of 2pm on the 14th.

I just changed dealers to World Car Nissan on the NE side and requested a quote. Let's see what happens...

So, basically TX Nissan dealers aren't interested in selling Leaf ?

REFFY said:

I drive an EV conversion (with more range than the Leaf, 37KWH pack) and mostly charge with a 1.5KW charger. Recognizing what a rip-off the $2K+ charging station is, I intend to charge at 110v (should be about 1.5KW) until something more reasonable comes along.

I'm about 30 miles south of Austin and will probably use the Austin dealer; he has quoted list price as I recall. I have encounter one other Austin area person who has ordered a Leaf; I'm sure there are many more.

Ok...here's the San Antonio summary...

Ingram Park (IPAQ): MSRP + $3000 'market adjustment'. Did not respond to request to re-work the quote.
Ancira: Did not respond to the RFQ. Did state via email they'd sell for MSRP plus $99 VIN etching on the windows.
Gunn: Did not respond to the RFQ.
World Car: Responded quickly with MSRP quote.

I *did* have a relationship with the folks at IPAQ - multiple visits, brought copies of Electric Auto Ass'n newsletters, printed versions of Nissan briefing papers, and a copy of "who killed the electric car" - they said earlier in the year that they'd sell for MSRP. I didn't contact the other dealerships in advance to work a price.

This info was happily accepted by the folks in the S.A. Clean Cities office - and I'm confident it'll find its way to Nissan Corporate...

According to this link at energy.gov, Ecotality is providing ESVE equipment to Leaf and Volt purchasers in Dallas, Fort Worth and Houston areas. (Sorry, Andy, SA isn't listed.) I have emailed the address posted on the web site but does any one else have any information on this? (Or other recent Texas EV incentives in general?)

TX leaf owners get together and buy from Rairdon in Wa he will ship it to your for free if you get at least 5 cars on the same truck with a low doc fee as well. He selling for $100 below invoice which is like $1,400 below MSRP

Tell Greg, Jim from Chandler Arizona told you the deal.
Greg Leach
[email protected]
253-293-0564

jhm614 said:
According to this link at energy.gov, Ecotality is providing ESVE equipment to Leaf and Volt purchasers in Dallas, Fort Worth and Houston areas. (Sorry, Andy, SA isn't listed.) I have emailed the address posted on the web site but does any one else have any information on this? (Or other recent Texas EV incentives in general?)

No worries about SA Jason. Thanks though!

The only thing I can add is that the 'other' project has Austin covered... Chargepoint America is Coulomb Tech's EVSE program for the Chevrolet Volt, the Ford Transit Connect and Ford Focus Electric, and the Smart fortwo electric drive

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/laws/laws/TX/user/3260
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=9494#p9494

AndyH said:
jhm614 said:
I think it's weird that there aren't any Austin reservations on the list --
That's because there is yet another map:
Leaf Orders : Plot your location and details on this Map
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?view=map&msa=0&spn=175.527524,74.53125&msid=100197148173302968854.00048f5b361777467c19e

it's a high tech town, it's a green town,
We're so high-tech we put on our pants one leg at a time. :)

I got my home assessment done; $100 down the drain! The EVSE installation business is a !@#$%^&* racket!
Since my commute is short (about 4 miles each way), I'm just gonna go with 110V charging.

Oh, BTW, I got my EVSE installation cost quote, but the "order your Nissan LEAF" in my "my account" page on the Nissan Leaf Web site still says:
"once you've reserved your Nissan LEAF, you'll be able to use this section of "my account" to work with your preferred Nissan dealer to determine your vehicle price and place an order for your Nissan LEAF."
From what I've read, I think I need to call Nissan to waive my EVSE installation before I can make an order.

(Apparently, people to do the waiver without ever doing the assessment get an "assessment waiver" link in their Leaf "my account":
Nissan EVSE Waiver Form and process - AV
but not those who underwent the assessment but then decided not to have an EVSE installed.)

Back