Leafs Over Texas!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I canceled my EVSE assessment and had Nissan enable my waiver using live chat on their website. That being said I am still waiting for the order section to open up.

I went to Gunn Nissan one day to discuss something, and they had ZERO information for me. I wanted to talk to my main man who sold us our minivan years ago, and with whom we had a GREAT rapport, but he didn't come in until noon, and I couldn't make that time, unfortunately. I shall have to get at him sometime in November whenever I get a chance to and see what kind of information I can come up with.

We HAVE had our "appraisal" for the charging station, though, it'll be on one wall of the garage, basically.

Finally received my RAQ email yesterday. Submitted my RAQ to Round Rock Nissan, waiting to see what they come back with.

Quote received yesterday from Round Rock Nissan.

SL trim
Ocean Blue
Quick charge port
Floor mats
Cargo net

$349 a month for 36 months with 2,999 down.

Accepted the quote last night.

Wow... Is that with 15k or 12k miles? Maybe I should switch if I can get the same... Do you think they'll deliver to Dallas? I'm at $430/mo, 39 mo... 2430 down.
QC port, floor mats, cargo net, kick panels, and splash guards, and 15k miles. Can you PM your sales guy's name and number?

I'm in Rowlett and have requested a quote from Trophy Nissan, but no word yet. I called them yesterday and the salesperson I talked to knew absolutely nothing about the procedure for ordering a Leaf. He said he would have his manager call me, but noone has called. I would also like to know the Round Rock Nissan's contact info, especially if they are knowledgeable of the process.

At Jim's from Chandler Arizona ("gonewild") suggestion, I contacted Greg Leach with Riardon Nissan of Auburn, WA and asked if the deal Jim described was indeed true. His response:

Hi Ed,
Yes it is true we are selling the Leaf for $100 below dealer Invoice but as far as shipping is concerned we are paying up to $450 for the cost of shipping so anything over that the customer will have to pay now you could save some money on that if you had a group of you putting your cars on the same truck but I can not guarantee any shipping price because of the changing rates due to gas prices and so on but I’m more than happy to give you a price quote on your new Nissan Leaf feel free to give me a call when you get a minute so we can talk about any questions you might have.

Greg Leach
Rairdon’s Nissan of Auburn
EV Sales Leader
253 833 4700

When I asked further about delivery cost to Texas for just one Leaf, he guessed it be be about $750 today but could change. He would pay $450 of that so my cost would be only $300. Is there anyone else in Texas that might be interested in this? I'm still hoping for a decent deal from a local dealer but am interested in pursuing other possibilities as well.

I would be interested... but what happens after the lease is done since it would be leased from out of state?

12K miles. I did not contact the dealer before I submitted my RAQ. (512) 244-8500 I cant remember the name of the salesman on the quote.

Rairdon’s Nissan of Auburn says it can be returned at the end of the lease to any Nissan dealer

Hi,

I'm in Amarillo and I've been in intermittent contact with Mr. Leach at Rairdon too; haven't talked numbers yet, but I am interested in being part of a group to truck some electric wheels to Texas. They could drop one here and then move on south! I would like to work with the local folks and they are real nice, but the feeling I get in talking with them is they want at least MSRP. I'd rather wait a year longer and drive my 1996 Accord.

Austin - drive electric tour stop.

How many of us are going to the Drive Electric tour stop in Austin? I'm planning on it, not sure if I'm going to take Friday off from work or just go down on Saturday.

At Jim's from Chandler Arizona ("gonewild") suggestion, I contacted Greg Leach with Riardon Nissan of Auburn, WA and asked if the deal Jim described was indeed true. His response:

Hi Ed,
Yes it is true we are selling the Leaf for $100 below dealer Invoice but as far as shipping is concerned we are paying up to $450 for the cost of shipping so anything over that the customer will have to pay now you could save some money on that if you had a group of you putting your cars on the same truck but I can not guarantee any shipping price because of the changing rates due to gas prices and so on but I’m more than happy to give you a price quote on your new Nissan Leaf feel free to give me a call when you get a minute so we can talk about any questions you might have.

Greg Leach
Rairdon’s Nissan of Auburn
EV Sales Leader
253 833 4700

When I asked further about delivery cost to Texas for just one Leaf, he guessed it be be about $750 today but could change. He would pay $450 of that so my cost would be only $300. Is there anyone else in Texas that might be interested in this? I'm still hoping for a decent deal from a local dealer but am interested in pursuing other possibilities as well.

New guy here - and I'd be interested in shipping from Rairdon's. I live just south of Dallas (outside of Ferris - speed trap capital of Texas I think). Haven't started looking for local dealers yet. May try Grapevine Nissan since one of the other posts suggests that they may do $800 under MSRP.

jhm614 said:

How many of us are going to the Drive Electric tour stop in Austin?

I plan on making the trip to Austin. ...just waiting for the site to allow reservations. Haven't decided between Friday or Saturday yet either.

jlaw99 said:
jhm614 said:

How many of us are going to the Drive Electric tour stop in Austin?

I plan on making the trip to Austin. ...just waiting for the site to allow reservations. Haven't decided between Friday or Saturday yet either.

Got the sign-up email this afternoon. I opted for Friday at 11 a.m.

One more from San Antonio.
New here, trying to get as much info as I can, esp. about that charging dock.
Had the home assessment today, how long before I get a quote from AV? I want the install before Dec. 31, 2010 - is that going to be possible? Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.
Oh, today I also signed up for the test drive in Austin - Sunday, Dec. 19th. See you there???

T
ecoobsessive said:
One more from San Antonio.
New here, trying to get as much info as I can, esp. about that charging dock.
Had the home assessment today, how long before I get a quote from AV? I want the install before Dec. 31, 2010 - is that going to be possible? Sorry if this is in the wrong thread
Oh, today I also signed up for the test drive in Austin - Sunday, Dec. 19th. See you there???
I'm going up to Austin as well - 830 slot and my sister is at 9. My av quote took a week. I am pre wired with #8 wire and a 40amp double pole breaker and a quick disconnect. Hope to see u in Austin. What time r u reserved 4?

8:30 is way to early! 2:00 on Sunday was my choice. San Antonio people, are you going with EV for the charging dock or going with the waiver/outside electricians? Was the EV quote reasonable? I plan to go with EV if the quote seems reasonable but would also like to hear about other recommended electricians. The guy that came out yesterday said I will need to upgrade the outside panel - or at least add a subpanel - since I don't have enough slots - or something like that - so I have to get the "custom," not the "standard" installation.

Back