April Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supernoman

Just got an email about April delivery! Carwings hasn't opened up yet. Original September order group but got pushed to October 1st. I'm in San Diego.

Now what's next!?

supernoman said:
Just got an email about April delivery! Carwings hasn't opened up yet. Original September order group but got pushed to October 1st. I'm in San Diego.

Now what's next!?

Whats next, you ask? Wait a few weeks and watch them change the delivery date once again... ;)
Seriously many orders (RAQ & Confirmation Email) made the first couple days of September are showing "month of April 2011".
I'm sure when they ramp up US orders and if they stay in queue on deliveries you will see a more definitive date.

Typically charger instal is about 30 days prior to delivery date if you are in the EVProject.

Good Luck

*Check this link for order changes.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2213&start=90
It looks like many dates are changing on the dashboards and you may find your answer here.

I ordered on December 5. I got a "month of April" delivery email today, too.

I entered my change using the spreadsheet wizard, or whatever that super-cool thing is called.

BlueSL said:

I entered my change using the spreadsheet wizard, or whatever that super-cool thing is called.

Wow, you ordered Dec 5th and got a month of April? I ordered Sept 29th and also got a month of April.

I receive April delivery notification email this morning. Ordered Dec 17, reserved on 14 May 2010.

April 23 reservation date. December 4 (not 5, sorry about the typo) order date. "Month of April" delivery email this morning.

I have an Aerovironment-installed EVSE and have had one since December. I ordered from a two-Nissan showroom dealership with no other orders on the spreadsheet. Those are the only quasi-unique things about my order that I can think of.

Let the floodgates open.

trentr said:
Wow, you ordered Dec 5th and got a month of April? I ordered Sept 29th and also got a month of April.

I also got the email today for April '11 delivery. Seems they made a mass update. I ordered on Nov30th.

April seems unrealistic, but at least they have locked down my color option. Which gives some hope that they intend to start building my car :D

trentr said:
BlueSL said:

Get out the tiny violins, my order date was Sept 4th with a Month of April delivery. However, I think I figured out why so many have Month of April delivery: the Nissan Master the Shift Contest ends on March 31st.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be 18 or over with valid driver’s license. Limit 1 entry per week. Prizes subject to availability and other restrictions. Sweepstakes ends March 31, 2011 @ 11:59:59 pm ET. For details (inc. odds), see Official Rules.

Just in time for April delivery, or a cruel April Fool’s Day Joke.

I also got an April e-mail today. Ordered Oct. 25th. Reserved within 3 hours of first April 2010 e-mail. Ordered from Ron at NB Nissan in Petaluma.

Things are looking up! Just got the April email too, ordered in Oct. Super excited for an update... :D

SL Red
Previously leased EV1 for several yrs.

Reserved 4/20/10
Ordered 10/30/10
Delivery 4/11 ?

I ordered January 11 and got the April email today. My guess is that the Japan rebate which ends March 31 allows the flood gates to open for the US. :D

Got my April delivery email an hour ago.

My account has the same info, no day estimate, and the color edit option is gone.

10/1 order date.

Something of a relief, as I "retired" my previous "daily driver" in November (when Nissan had estimated delivery by now) and presently face the less-than-ideal choice of the 15 mpg 95 Cherokee with 142k miles, or the 25 mpg 82 Fiat Spider with 108k miles, when I need to make the 50+ mile grocery run.

Maybe I deserve an April fools day LEAF delivery...

Been lurking on this forum for a couple of months. Finally motivated to post after getting a "month of April" delivery email a couple of hours ago! HooRay!!! Hope it's not April Fools! Reserved on 4/20, ordered on 10/2.

Reserved 4/20, ordered 11/16. Got a "May Delivery" notice today. Although April would be nice, I really didn't want to get one of the first few thousand cars off the line, anyway (while they're still working out bugs).

In the end, it seems like the vast majority of us here will get our LEAFs within a couple months of each other.

I'm hoping that the new Stabenow CAFA bill is passed before mine arrives! :D

cinmar said:
It seems like several of us April delivery folks are in Northern California.

Ditto.

Received Nissan email yesterday!

I am in East Bay, SF Bay Area. (Northern California)
Ordered November 29, 2010 @ 9pm.
Estimated Delivery: month of April, 2011.

NOTE: Something else very interesting......
Under Home Assessment TAB: My dashboard is now indicating "You may qualify for an eTEC charger". There is a survey I need to take....
Previously, prior to ordering, I called into Nissan and declined the AV installation, and clicked thru the "Waiver" before I even started the order processs.

What should I do??

Back