Clock running fast?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evanmf

Seems that the clock in my car runs fast. Over the past 2 months I've reset the time to be in sync with my phone (it gets the time from the network) and also based on the time reported while listening to NPR. Over a month period of time it seems to gain about 2-3 minutes.

Anyone else seeing this?

Amazingly, they all do it!

evanmf said:
Seems that the clock in my car runs fast. Over the past 2 months I've reset the time to be in sync with my phone (it gets the time from the network) and also based on the time reported while listening to NPR. Over a month period of time it seems to gain about 2-3 minutes.

Anyone else seeing this?

Yes, the clock on my dashboard is now 9 minutes ahead after 3 months of driving. The clock int he center console still shows correct time. Never had this problem with any other vehicle.

Is there any way to turn off the clock? Since the clock on the carwings screen keeps good time I'd like to turn off the other one rather than having to continuously reset the correct time.

Same here. Just updated the "gun slit" clock yesterday. The biggest pain is that you want to change it while driving, but if you only get partway through the change, and start moving, it locks up and clears your work. :roll:

ChipsLeaf said:
Is there any way to turn off the clock?
Electrical tape or a black post it note comes to mind.

Mine gains about 2 to 3 minutes a month as well. I just ignore it and use the center console clock.

By the way if you try to set the instrument clock too far out of sync with the center console clock it gets angry I recall so I suspect there is some communication between the two but obviously it does not work too well.

Spies said:
By the way if you try to set the instrument clock too far out of sync with the center console clock it gets angry I recall so I suspect there is some communication between the two but obviously it does not work too well.

What does it do to indicate it's angry? :-D

csriram45 said:
What does it do to indicate it's angry? :-D
I don't recall but I will try doing it again and see what it does once my SO gets back with the Leaf. Perhaps I was the one that was angry :p

Spies said:
Mine gains about 2 to 3 minutes a month as well. I just ignore it and use the center console clock.
Same here.

Weird! I never let mine drift far enough to encounter that.

You may be the only one on the planet with a good one then! Every other owner I have talked too says theirs runs about two minutes a month fast just like mine... I turned on the clock on the Nav screen and no longer even look at the one on the eyebrow anymore.

leafmealone said:
No, they all don't do it. Mine was set during orientation by the dealer at delivery back in May and it matches the NAV clock today.

mwalsh said:
Anyone going to ask for replacement under warranty? I'm thinking of doing so, but only when it first needs something else doing to it.

I will for sure. As a first time Nissan buyer I find these stupid issues unacceptable on a car over $10K. If you can't spec a reasonably accurate clock then don't put one in. If you NAV is blocks off in accuracy then fix it or use another vendor. I suspect Nissan will get hammered on the JD power surveys if they cover such times.

Only if I can be assured that the one they replace it with is better, and based on reports of the number that are good versus bad, the odds of that being the case is very small...

mwalsh said:
Anyone going to ask for replacement under warranty? I'm thinking of doing so, but only when it first needs something else doing to it.

The NAV clock matches my cell phone clock and the driver's dash clock is off my 1 minute after 3 months. Maybe it's because I use carwings and press ok. :lol:

Back