Clock running fast?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dewey said:
barsad said:
I wonder, rather than complaining about our fast clocks to each other, has anyone bothered to ask a Nissan engineer or a Nissan dealer about the problem, and how it could be fixed? This seems like it could be a simple software upgrade.

Josh
I asked my dealer about that. They told me, that Nissan told them, that "it was within tolerances". Which REALLY pi$$ed me off. If you owned a $5 Timex watch, and it was off by 2 minutes per month, you'd return it and get a new one!!!
I had my one year checkup this past Monday, and mentioned the clock. When I returned, he said that he didn't find anything about it on the Nissan problem list... yeah, right!
can we see to it that Nissan service / corporate gets put on the problem list?

Mine is off 10 min every two months. It should catch up to daylight savings soon.

mwalsh said:
Did this ever get fixed in any of the subsequent model years?
tl;dr: Yes, on '13 SV, it definitely was. I'd imagine it's true of all '13+ SV and SL.

I can't speak for the S trim which has no GPS, but in the '13 Leaf SV (mine) and I'm sure the SL, the eyebrow clock is now linked to the nav system's clock. The two can't diverge anymore. I presume the nav system must get its base time (w/o time zone corrections) from GPS satellites since each of them, by definition, has an atomic clock on-board.

As such, I have no issues with clock drift. I just checked my Leaf's clock w/that of an "atomic clock".... err, one that syncs to radio broadcasts based on an atomic clock and it's exactly on the dot.

IIRC, the only thing I need to worry about is manually toggling the DST setting. I believe there's no way to even manually set either clock. All you can do is control the offset you want in hours and minutes, if you want the clock to run fast/slow for some reason via what's received from GPS.

Back