Leaf charge problem

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elektromobil

Hello leaf experts
I have one big problem with charging. I have leaf MY 13 with 6.6 kW charger. Already half a year I can not charge at public charging stations by MENNEKES plugging because the yellow triangle warning appears after a few minutes or max 1 hour. Even if I want to turn recharging with Carwings not working. The only solution is a hard off the connector from the charging station and reconnection. Home it charging normal to the original charger. Leaf I had already 3 times in service because these problems and only reset and delete mistakes. The forum has several posts with such problems, but I not detect how they are resolved. If anyone knows what is wrong, so I can told Nissan servicer. It is sad but do not know how to fix this problem. Leaf spy shows these mistakes;

B29C1 2308 CHARGER EVSE VC-98
B29C1 2908 CHARGER EVSE VC-98

P3171 0008 EV/HEV PD module system EVC-241
P3170 0008 EV/HEV PD module system EVC-241
P316C 0008 EV/HEV PD module system EVC-238

U1232 0108 MULTI AV St Angle Sen Calib AV-88

I will be glad of each response.
Thanks
G

Hy, all,
Thanks for reply. I also tried with the other cable and there is no change. Also not use timer. At service CHAdeMO (QC) charge normally, but our surroundings we do not have such charger, only Mennekes. At the service they say that they do not know what could be wrong. Really is such a leaf useless because now charge with only 10 A and the car is not suitable for any longer trips. Leaf I bought just because of 6.6 kW charger, which it now can not be used. Also It was strange to me, becouse twice time discharged 12 V battery. Leaf I had to unlock with key, recharged 12 V battery, that has begun to charge HV battery. At the service has measured 12 V battery and said that this is not reason for my problems.
I am very disappointed at this Nissan. I understand that encounter mistake, but I do not understand it they do not able to fix mistakes.
Any other idea what could be wrong? Are these mistakes on Leaf spy not tell what's wrong? Is there any explanation and location this mistakes? I will be glad each response.
Greetings
G

A Nissan service center couldn't find the problem? Were they able to charge the car with a Mennekes?
The dead 12V battery is suspicious. Marginal 12V batteries have caused many different problems.
Early MY2013 had charger overheating issues that required replacement.
Sorry you are having this problem.

Hy,
Thanks for reply. Yes, unfortunately, on the to Nissan service do not know what could be wrong. On service in no mistakes, but when I get home and charge on public charging stations write mistake that I wrote above. On service first connect tester, delite all mistakes, plug on mennekes and it is all ok. Service charge it on their MENNEKES sockets that has no connection, as a public charging station. Also, I can charge at home without any problems (10 A), but when get to a charging station, charging only a few minutes or sometimes an hour, then comes the yellow warning signal and is over. I wonder if I can send photo mistakes from Leaf spy to Nissan service. They told me that I can not use because it can caused mistakes and not charging. Can I use the Leaf spy that will be valid warranty? Is this legal and can use Leaf spy?
Thanks
G

^ Unfortunately Nissan will not accept any data from LEAFSpy or the like as evidence of a problem.

Have you tried another Nissan dealer? One with a better service department or more experience with LEAF in particular? Have you escalated to Nisssan corporate? Any "lemon laws" in Austria?

I take it that you've seen this problem when trying to use more than one public charging station?

Hy,
I tried on several and different public charging stations and has the same problem. When comes yellow warning signal stops charging. Only solution is haul connector and again connect J1772 plug. From other Nissan service office I do not even get an answer when I explained them, what problem I have. I really do not know who could solve the problem with my charge. That's why I turned on the forum if anyone has had a similar problem and could help for easier service solutions
greeting
G

elektromobil said:
Hy,
I tried on several and different public charging stations and has the same problem. When comes yellow warning signal stops charging. Only solution is haul connector and again connect J1772 plug. From other Nissan service office I do not even get an answer when I explained them, what problem I have. I really do not know who could solve the problem with my charge. That's why I turned on the forum if anyone has had a similar problem and could help for easier service solutions
greeting
G

Then I think it's time you contact Nissan on a corporate level and see if they can intervene for you. What about the lemon laws question I asked? You may need to enlist legal help if you can't get any further with either Nissan dealer or Nissan corporate.

When anyone tries to charge your car is it always with your Mennekes cable? What about trying another one borrowed from a LEAF friend or maybe the Nissan dealer?

I am pretty sure that nobody here can help further with this. We haven't seen a problem like this before and there aren't too many here who are familiar with the setup for public L2 charging in most of Europe.

Hy,
I turned on the Nissan Austria and I got the answer that they are not technical service and should find solutions to their service. All details communicated service with Nissan company.
I tried to charge it with other Mennekes cable and also charging to yellow warning. I also measured the cable (resistor) and complies with the technical characteristics.
The IEC 61851 standard for the Mennekes socket used in Europe:

1.5k = 13a
680k = 20a
220k = 32a
Sometimes on such forum also involved mechanics and repairmen for Leaf and I thought it would be someone knew a solution.
This is reality of the electric car when problem arises. Can you tell me what it means "lemon laws"
greeting
G

mwalsh said:
elektromobil said:
Can you tell me what it means "lemon laws"

When you've had your car in for the same repair more than a certain number of times and it is not fixed correctly, then it is termed a "lemon" and must be repurchased by the manufacturer.
Thank you for this information.

Even today (from februar), the situation remained unchanged. Leaf was already at the third service. Such unserious approach from Nissan AT and bad Nissan repairers can not find anywhere.

I am 99% certain the On Board Charging Controller (OBC?) on my 2015 Nissan LEAF S has failed, as it won't charge on the reliable Schneider EVSE at work, the GE WattStation at home, nor the Panasonic portable 120V EVSE that came with the car.
My LEAF S was ordered with the 6.6kW / DC upgrade, in case anyone wonders ...
The car will charge on the 41kW charger at the local Nissan dealership, so, I will charge every other day to keep driving electric for the weekend and a day until my service appointment comes up.
From what I read it takes a couple of days for Nissan to provide the Charge Controller, does anyone who got their charge controller have a part number? I'll ask the dealership to order the part in advance ... maybe they will agree to order it before the appointment.

The items they needed that they had to order was at least:
292C0-3NF3D (Power Delivery Module $940.96)
http://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts/nissan-power-delivery~292c0-3nf3d.html

and possibly:
291C8-3NA0A (Inverter Cover Ornament $13.69)
http://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts/nissan-ornament-invert~291c8-3na0a.html

I am guessing the other items are standard items on hand at the dealership:
999MP-L25500P
Blue Anti-Freeze / Coolant

999MP-1217HP
RTV Liquid Gasket Maker

They shipped what they needed overnight, so, I saved a day or two there.

The car's all fixed, now!

Hello
Thanks for all response. In November they finally replaced 6,6 kW PDM (Power Delivery Module) and now charge as at new Leaf. After 10 months, Nissan finally resolved problem and now I do not need to constantly monitor via carwings if Leaf charge or not. Once again, thanks all for answers.
Greetings

Back