DTC codes for Rapid charger B29C1 2308

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sneadle

Hi guys,

Got some error codes and could do with some help if that’s okay. Sometimes a rapid charger will just stop charging after a few seconds. But an identical one next to it will work.

Dalas video and his comments make me think it might be the charger. However, my car is a 2015 model so not like for like.

Error codes are:
B29C1 2308 CHARGER EVSE VC-98
Ok None ---> EPS
P3171 0008 EV/HEV PD Module System EVC-241
P3170 0008 EV/HEV PD Module System EVC-241
P316C 0008 EV/HEV PD Module System EVC-238
Ok None ---> HVAC
Ok None--> HV BATTERY
Ok None--> IPDM E/R
Ok None ---> METER
Ok None--> MOTOR CONTROL
Ok None--> MULTI AV
Ok None ---> SHIFT
Ok None ---> TCU
Ok None ---> VSP Ok None ---> AVM

I did not see your post in April. If the charge stopping and error codes only happen at some stations, then it is likely communication problems between the car and charger. The problem with the charger could be loose connection for the communication signals at the plug, electrical noise/interference, or other internal charger problem. If the DC charger does not respond correctly to commands from the car, the car will abort charging to protect itself. I have had quick charging stop after a few seconds several times over the years with all three of my LEAF's. Charging will usually work fine at a different charger, but it is sometimes necessary to clear error codes using LEAF Spy Pro before the car will charge (depending upon conditions and particular error codes).

Back