Leaves in the Wild

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdub

Saw a red Leaf (just like the one I'll hopefully be getting any day now) parked on Pennsylvania Ave in my hood of La Crescenta.

Woo hoo... let's blanket SoCal with these awesome cars.

Can we please stick to the one forum for car sightings, we don't need a new thread for every time someone sees a LEAF. I see them weekly. We also don't need new threads for every variation of every topic. The forum is getting cluttered with duplicate threads, we have refrained from moderating, please self moderate when possible. Thank you.

Saw my first LEAF sighting in the wild in Arizona. Pretty exciting for me. I've had my LEAF since April 17.

I was heading Southbound on N. 92nd Street (off Shea) and passed an identical Cayenne Red Leaf going Northbound.

Looked like I was seeing myself in the mirror.

Did I mention I LOVE THIS CAR. It is amazing.

700 miles and counting. 3.8 kWh and averaging $0.38 per gallon equivalent.

Solar Note: Six Consecutive Days above 40 kWh per day. I am loving this combination. PVpwrEV Rocks!

tailgate1234 said:
I am seeing 1-2 Leaves per day, every day, here in Northern California.

yeah - imagine my surprise when i saw *2* of them parked together on the next street over, the day after i got mine. i honestly never expected to see more than my own given the demographic in my neighborhood.

leaf-follow.jpg

I was in a car accident this morning, where I got rear-ended by a kid driving his mother's car who smacked into the back of my car hard enough to push it forward a foot, and the resulting bounce evidently sprained my neck. (Thankfully, as my LEAF isn't here yet, no LEAFs were harmed in this.) But on the way away from the hospital, being driven to go pick up the prescription for muscle relaxants, we ended up behind a brand new blue LEAF and I snapped a cameraphone shot. :)

(That part made me happy, even if the rest of the experience rather sucked.)

In my neighborhood, there are 3 Leafs (including mine) within a 3 block radius, with at least another one or two on order. Our current trio is Red, White & Blue.

I've seen 2 Leaves in Anaheim Hills (Orange County, CA); one at a movie theater by La Palma and Imperial Hwy and the other followed me off the fwy 91 at Lakeview.

Saw two new LEAFs at the Pasadena, CA farmer's market on Saturday. Gave a big thumbs-up to one of them. (We were using our Prius, however, as we drove around 220 miles that day.) On our way back home, up Highway 18 into the San Bernardino Mountains, we passed a Volt, our first ever Volt sighting!

The only two Leafs I've seen in the wild both occurred the same day. One was blue and traveling on the SB405 to the NB101 and it got off in Woodland Hills. I then saw a silver one on PCH near the eastern part of Malibu. I gave the thumbs up to both but I'm not sure if either were particularly aware. I did see two Leafs on a car carrier last Thursday - also one silver and one blue.

I've seen plenty of Volts. A few at Sony Studios in Culver City and one at DreamWorks/Amblin on the Universal lot. There's also someone in a silver one from Keyes that frequently commutes on the SB101 into Hollywood at the same time that I do. There is a grey one I see all the time in several locations and sometimes several times a week - but that one is my dad's so I guess it doesn't count! :D

Yesterday at our breakfast joint, we pulled into another Leaf that was there for breakfast too. I was not sure if it was my neighbor, but the car had a child seat in the back!

leafsinthe-wild.jpg

Finally saw another Leaf in moving traffic tonight. I was behind a silver one going east on Wilshire in Santa Monica. I think the guy saw me trying to get a pic on my iPhone at the red light and he rolled down his window and gave me the peace sign. The light changed before I could get a pic but if it was you, peace sign back atcha!

That was me! It's been a fun first day.

Picked up the car this morning. By this afternoon, had my first stoplight q&a. While we were waiting for the light to change, a couple in a Prius honked for me to roll down my windows for questions about miles-per-charge, etc. Exactly what is the proper etiquette for holding up traffic at a stoplight for q&a? I think I need to drive around with my windows down for a while.

See ya' around.

Back