Leaves in the Wild

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mweston said:
Rat said:
...one at Stevens Creek County Park ...
If by Stevens Creek County Park you mean at the Picchetti Ranch area, that could have been me on Saturday around 3-something. If not, then there was more than one silver one in the area.
Nope, it was on the other side driving up to the Villa Maria Group Area about 10:30am.

Today I went geocaching with a friend who has a blue one, but hers has the Eco decals, etc., so it looks slightly different from mine. She lives near downtown Palo Alto. She was totally unaware of this forum until I told her about it recently, and she was amazed at all the info here.

malloryk said:
earther said:
malloryk said:
Finally saw another Leaf in moving traffic tonight...
do the ChargePoint stations not show up on the onboard nav even when doing Find/Update Stations??

no, they don't! grrrr I know it's a lot of money, but a smartphone is a good investment for stuff like this. Glad it all worked out and hope she gets the job!

I was down at South Coast Plaza 6/11 and did an "Update Near My Location", and the ChargePoint EVSE is on my map now, so some ChargePoints are making it onto the nav system...

I saw my first Leaf in the wild this morning. I was headed south in the HOV lane on the 405 in the Sepulveda Pass and saw one right next to me a few times at around 10:15am. I honked and waved but the driver was oblivious to me. It was red like mine and had a Miller Nissan paper plate.

Red LEAF going north on Espola in Poway at intersection with Titan at about 7:30 pm Tuesday, June 21. It still had the yellow paper Mossy plates.

FWIW, I see them almost every day driving up and down highway 101 in the SF bay area. Some of them are probably part of the Google loaner fleet.

Wow! I've now seen two in the wild.

In Scottsdale, AZ I saw a red one (exactly like mine) on Shea and 92nd Street. Both of us going in different directions. That was cool, like a mirror reflection.

Then again on Friday night outside Jade Palace (Best Chinese Restaurant in Arizona) there was one parked a couple of spots away from mine. I was lucky to catch the owner coming to his LEAF, just before we were about to leave.

His LEAF was BLACK and he just received it a week ago. Great seeing other LEAFs in the wild.

Now, here in AZ I have seen a red one (mine), another red one, a black one (Friday night) and a White one (Skywagon). Pretty soon, they'll be as ubiquitious as Prius'.

FWIW - I also had my XM subscription expire yesterday. I followed the directions in the XM Subscription thread, and within 10 minutes, they reactivated my trial (in my name) for an additional 6 months.

One black Leaf in Camas, WA by Costco 06/26/11 around 18:00 :)
This is the second one I see in Camas in the last couple months.

Saw another white leaf at the Mc Donalds in Valencia (Santa Clarita, CA) next to Pavillions while going though the drive though Mission Hills licence plate, anyone here? I think we will have to start a Santa Clarita Leaf group soon.

I'm just down the street in Granada Hills, so, yes.

ggodman said:
Saw another white leaf at the Mc Donalds in Valencia (Santa Clarita, CA) next to Pavillions while going though the drive though Mission Hills licence plate, anyone here? I think we will have to start a Santa Clarita Leaf group soon.

Yes work in Van Nuys, and live in Santa Clarita, too far for the other so cal leaf events, any ideas that would be a good place to meet in the Valley/Santa Clarita? Anyone know if the metrolink stations in the valley have gotten chargers yet? I know Valencia Nissan changed hands in Oct/Nov??? and posted around then, they seemed friendlier but can anyone confirm? Over at the Valencia mall they had chargers but I'm not sure if they have updated them to the new standard or if they are the old EV1 paddle chargers but it's a nice mall and might be a good place to meet, other ideas are appreciated. I have a contact at the local community college that might be willing to suggest something and they have a farmers market every Sunday that might work as well.

We saw a blue LEAF in Pasadena (getting off Sierra Madre exit) yesterday afternoon full of people. It had Performance Nissan paper plates. We exchanged waves! Very exciting. Actually outnumbered Prius's for one block - only one Prius and two LEAFs. Not sure if that's anyone on here, if it is then hi again from the white Fontana-plate LEAF!

My first black Leaf sighting, on 14th near Mission in SF today. I was in my Camry (didn't want to get the Leaf wet in the rain. Really.) You returned my "thumbs up".

I saw two this morning (Tuesday).

1. ~10:00 am black LEAF pulling out of Home Depot turning south on El Camino in Encinitas
2. ~10:30 am blue LEAF driving west on Palomar Airport in Carlsbad towards El Camino

Still not seen any additional ones anyplace I wouldn't expect to see them, except for that one I saw many moons ago. However, in places I would expect to see them....I saw two sitting at my local Nissan dealer, possibly awaiting customer delivery.

Saw another Volt a few days back. That's the second one of those I've seen. Though the one around Christmas time was on manufacturer plates, so would have been GM owned.

Saw two more last night in the 2-mile trip home from a fitness class, around 7:15. Both on 14th St. in Santa Monica. A blue one was driving south just past Santa Monica Blvd. and a silver one was turning off of Pico. Neither of them seemed to see my frantic waving but I didn't get my window down fast enough both times.

Alas, I saw a white one today on the S405 that had been in an accident with three other cars. It was pretty badly crunched up at both ends. I hope it wasn't someone on this forum!

Saw another blue one in Encinitas/Carlsbad heading south on El Camino in the left lane around 10am near Calle Barcelona. LEAF sitings 2 days in a row for me - that's pretty good!

mogur said:
Alas, I saw a white one today on the S405 that had been in an accident with three other cars. It was pretty badly crunched up at both ends. I hope it wasn't someone on this forum!
Ack! I hope they weren't hurt bad. Is this the first serious LEAF accident reported on the forum? I've been kinda holding my breath knowing that someone was going to crunch one sooner or later.

Back