Annual Battery Check question regarding mileage

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcomendoza

Hello everyone, I know we get an annual battery check, but is it yearly or based on getting 12,000 on the mileage?

I've had the Leaf for 3 months and I already have 10,000 miles on it! Yes, I drive 54 miles each way to work for 108 miles per day plus taking the kids around town for ballet and karate classes.

It's a calendar thing. Just bring it back about the same time you picked it up next year.

sounds like the leaf is perfect for you. There's lots of savings coming your way! Hope you get to charge at work.

Thanks for the answers. Yes, I get to charge at work. My employer was ok with using the existing outlets. I made the home brewed "quick 220" and found two 120v sources. It's been working great. So good that it convinced a co-worker to buy a Leaf also. So now we have two Leafs at work.

I know that the accepted truth is to do it about every 12 months. However, my car ('11) came with a piece of paper telling me it was required to be done at several distinct mileage marks to maintain the battery warranty. I bought my car in April of '11, and did the first 2 checks in April of the following years. This year I procrastinated until 2 weeks ago. Test was covered under warranty, and battery warranty is still in effect and unchanged.

I am also interested in knowing the answer for this one. I am at 8 months and 13K miles and will be at 19K miles in 12 months. I have sent an email to my dealer asking him if he knows what Nissan recommends, but then I am not going to take the dealer's word on this.

That is seriously freaky. My commute is also 54 miles each way. First week ownjng my 2012 4800 mile leaf and I already have over 500 miles on it !

TomT said:
It's based on a calendar year.
Correct.
Annual.
Nissan will only reimburse the dealer if it is past the in service date annual anniversary.
To maintain warranty there is a three month window it needs to be performed in.
Has NOTHING to do with mileage.

Back