Power Distribution Module (PDM) Upgrade to add Quick Charge plus technical notes and details

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charge ports:

H.S. = Harness Side view, i.e. back side of connector view
Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 9.46.31 AM.png

Chademo Quick Charge Port:

Chademo H10 E7 pinout.png

Last edited:
How does the QC harness connect to the PDM?
This is shown in post #4.

The 2 big fat HVDC Power wires run from the QC Port H10 directly to the PDM H8 (bolts into place).

For the control wires, the connection is made thru the big black harness in the car that contains the wiring and Connectors E7, E8, F1, F23. On a non-Chademo car this harness will be missing the QC wiring and the E7 connector.

Here is the path, where -< <- means connect or plug-in to:
The QC port only has a pigtail socket Connector E7--> Conn E8--> Conn F1--> PDM, Connector F23

Last edited:
Notice the flying pigtail E7 on the Chademo Port here:
3233-1155fceedb6f3ceacc105fc2d229b734.data

Last edited:
F23 Connector at the PDM:
3555-1c9900fcfbee08e4326eb764628b4397.data

Another version with just the pinout list with function and wire colors both outside and inside the PDM.
3533-697d9ef2005e9f180f6cecc2721c7cb4.data

Last edited:
How can I add the E7 plug to my Leaf devoid of QC wiring?
need a wiring diagram.

This is shown in post #4.

The 2 big fat HVDC Power wires run from the QC Port H10 directly to the PDM H8 (bolts into place).
For the control wires, the connection is made thru the big black harness in the car that contains the wiring and Connectors E7, E8, F1, F23. On a non-Chademo car this harness will be missing the E7 connector.
Here is the path, where -< <- means connect or plug-in to:
The QC port only has a pigtail socket connector -< <- Connector E7--> Conn E8--> Conn F1--> PDM, Connector F23

Last edited:
Inside the PDM, the wiring from F23 gets routed to the control board, Connector CN100.

3534-8b7c52105917ef4962eecaaa785a6fbc.data

Here is picture of the bottom side of CN100 on the control board showing traces for the 2 CAN Busses
3479-f0f0c3aa87cc5ee2256833bcdda4eea9.data

And a picture from the top side of the control board of CN100,
3435-11e8c2497e639182460f3b8a11d2f493.data

Last edited:
I meant the harness OUTSIDE the PDM, where the QC harness data cable plugs into the harness that feeds the PDM with F23.

I meant the harness OUTSIDE the PDM, where the QC harness data cable plugs into the harness that feeds the PDM with F23.
i'm just loading files up to this thread to flesh out the known technical info, so you can just ignore posts unless it quotes you as a reply (to avoid confusion).

The wiring is shown in post #4, and the pinouts for the connectors are shown in post #3.

You would need to get the mate and terminal contacts for the E7 connector, then crimp wires to the contacts and insert them into the mate. Then route the other end of those wire over to the F23 connector, crimp the contacts to the wires, and install them into the correct pin postion of F23.

This would create a custom harness that carries the QC functions to the PDM.

In addition there may be another bundle of wires needed to activate the QC by the VCM, but those wires and pinouts haven't been posted here yet,

Last edited:
The wiring is shown in post #4, and the pinouts for the connectors are shown in post #3.

You would need to get the mate and terminal contacts for the E7 connector, then crimp wires to the contacts and insert them into the mate. Then route the other end of those wire over to the F23 connector, crimp the contacts to the wires, and install them into the correct pin postion of F23.
I am comfortable with the hardware connections etc.
have you been able to make a list of all wires needed:
Example:
Extend yellow cable in the "F23 harness"
Purchase socket called "???" etc etc

have you been able to make a list of all wires needed:
This is not a static thread, but is very dynamic, so previous posts have information added, updated and modified as discoveries are made.

Does the harness in your car have a yellow wire in pin position 22 of the F23 connector? In the black harness bundle side, not inside the PDM. Does it have any other of the QC wires populated in that connector or are they missing?

i would guess that all those QC wires are missing, but worth a check to see if they might have put them in.
[edit: Found a PDM without Chademo on ebay and the pictures showed the harness into F23--no yellow wires showing, so QC not populated]

A real disappointment is the 2013+ FSM set; in the 2012 PG Section they have all the connectors used in the car, some with pinout functions, and with the Vendor Name and Part Number of the connector. For example here is some really useful info that is not included in the 2013. For example B25 has the same function as the E7 but it is a different shaped connector.

Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 3.02.48 PM.png

Last edited:
In addition there may be another bundle of wires needed to activate the QC by the VCM, but those wires and pinouts haven't been posted here yet,
Someone should check the part numbers on the VCMs to see if there are two versions--one for QC and one without.

Thanks to both of you for working on this. If you can figure out how to put the QC PDM into the non-QC vehcile, that will be very useful to a lot of folks.

Is there a way for me to share my google sheets with you? (email?)
I could share a spreadsheet for F23/NC and F23/FC
and a google sheet for CN100/FC both includes wire color, pin and
function.
So when I or you make changes they would reflect in both of our shared
sheets.

This is not a static thread, but is very dynamic, so previous posts have information added, updated and modified as discoveries are made.

Last edited:
great...
what is the name of the connector that the wiring harness needs to connect the data side of the QC harness?

what is the name of the connector that the wiring harness needs to connect the data side of the QC harness?
It is the connector on the black body harness that plugs into the E7 flying pigtail connector of the orange QC harness. i haven't found it identified anywhere.

Last edited:
Back