Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you ... so 2.6k additional, let me start the work since the holiday is coming and also end-of-month, hope I can push them out for more discount.

The 1.2k for 100k are definitely help- you never know when will ya need it ... what do it cover do you know ?

Dong

I just picked up a 2012 SL w/nav, quick charge for $10k USD from a dealership. 19k miles, I think 11/12 bars. If the exchange rate USD -> CAD was a little better it would be a super-steal for me.

After all is said and done I probably paid $15,500 CAD. Closest used one is a 2011 for $20k and at the dealership used 2012's are $24k before taxes of 15%.

danowpg said:
I just picked up a 2012 SL w/nav, quick charge for $10k USD from a dealership. 19k miles, I think 11/12 bars
Thanks you are making me cry. I got the very same, 17k miles with 12 bars for $13,300, but then again all the other options locally where much higher at the time or traveling to OR to see what Platt Auto had on offer, plus shipping and my flight out there unless I save $400 and went with sight unseen.

ccna101 said:
Thank you ... so 2.6k additional, let me start the work since the holiday is coming and also end-of-month, hope I can push them out for more discount.

The 1.2k for 100k are definitely help- you never know when will ya need it ... what do it cover do you know ?

Dong

The 2.6K for an Apple employee VIP discount, or so they said. They wanted $2250 for a 75K warranty and I wound up getting the 100K/7yr warranty for $1200. It covers everything major on the car with a $125 deductible (obviously after the 36K warranty expires) They also said that you can sell back the unused portion if you wind up selling the car. I'm not really sure how long I'll keep the car and also how much of the warranty I will use. I usually never buying warranties on anything! but in this instance I made an exception. The reason being that I know that with a Leaf there are no 3rd party mechanics that you can take the car to, so if there's ever a problem outside of warranty, one repair will pay for it.

Another pointer when you buy the car. Find the freshest one on the lot. I bought mine in August and found out that my car had been sitting there since May (the whole hot summer). My battery is holding up well, but you never know. If they have multiples of the model you want, check the door stickers for most recent manufacture date and buy the freshest one.

Just picked up a '15 SV on friday. Only options were floor mats and splash guards.

Sticker: $33,320
Haggle: -$4000 ($29,320, ~8% under invoice)
Nissan Rebate: -$3,500
Trade-in Equity: -$8,000
Net before tax credits: $17,820

Tax Credits:
Fed Tax Credit: -$7,500
GA State Tax Credit: -$5,000

Looking to lease a Leaf with incentive and wondering if this is a good deal:

Nissan Leaf S with charge package, Mats, and mud flaps:

MSRP: $32,000
Selling price (before rebate): $28,625
Rebate: $14,025 (incl NAMC incentive and addl $3k CT rebate)
Doc Fee: $339

Any good?

Czar said:

Any good?

Just an update - and still looking for feedback. The lease is the .00055 MF and .32 residual, I have to pay the tax upfront on both rebates, which I wasn't counting on. Anyway, final
Lease numbers for 36/12 are $183/month with $885 drive off (first payment, acquisition fee, and reg fee).

I'm thinking this is an OK deal - I'm also looking at an e-Golf but it's $1000 more down and $30/month.

Leaf S versus E-Golf? That is not apples to apples comparison. I would compare e-golf to SL or SV at most. Did you drive e-golf? The only turn down for Golf in my book is - no DC chargers around (as much as ChaDeMo chargers).

Any good lease deals around for 2015 Model S + QC ?
We are in June, should we not see some nice model year end deals like last time ?
Best I heard is $3000 drive off and 169+ tax/month for 12k lease in March - I was hoping to do better !

I'm in the bay area, but I think I checked with them sometime ago ( I believe earlier in the year ) when they had 129 a month lease for the Leaf S + QC , the down payment was not drive off ! With drive off of 2500, they quoted me 189+ tax on 12k lease.

I was able to get $2399 down + $242 a month for 12k miles, 3 year lease including tax, on an S with quick charge.

From my research this was quite a good deal for Ohio. The typical price for this car was over $330 after tax on a similar lease when I checked a few months back.

Czar said:
Czar said:

Any good?

Just an update - and still looking for feedback. The lease is the .00055 MF and .32 residual, I have to pay the tax upfront on both rebates, which I wasn't counting on. Anyway, final
Lease numbers for 36/12 are $183/month with $885 drive off (first payment, acquisition fee, and reg fee).

I'm thinking this is an OK deal - I'm also looking at an e-Golf but it's $1000 more down and $30/month.

Are these MF and Residual for S with 36/12K?

How do I get MF and Residual for SV with 24/10 or 24/7.5K?
Can someone post the above if you have it?

How much is the NMAC lease offers for July?

Can someone post it? is it still $3500 in addition to $7500 federal incentive?

I'll be leasing SV.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I'm new to Leaf leases but not others so I guess I'm wondering why Leaf leases aren't about $100 with nothing down.

If they MSRP at $32k, sell for $28,625, have almost $15k in rebates (Edmunds), an interest rate just over 1%, and the 3 year residual is .32 the selling price is very close to the residual.

Outlander said:
I'm new to Leaf leases but not others so I guess I'm wondering why Leaf leases aren't free.

If they MSRP at $32k, sell for $28,625, have almost $15k in rebates (Edmunds), a $7500 tax credit, an interest rate just over 1%, and the 3 year residual is .32 the selling price is lower than the residual by a lot.

If I plug those numbers into a lease calculator it comes back with a payment that is less than zero.
Source of these $15K in rebates? That might already include the $7500 Federal tax credit that Nissan/NMAC receives.

cwerdna said:
Outlander said:
I'm new to Leaf leases but not others so I guess I'm wondering why Leaf leases aren't free.

If they MSRP at $32k, sell for $28,625, have almost $15k in rebates (Edmunds), a $7500 tax credit, an interest rate just over 1%, and the 3 year residual is .32 the selling price is lower than the residual by a lot.

If I plug those numbers into a lease calculator it comes back with a payment that is less than zero.
Source of these $15K in rebates? That might already include the $7500 Federal tax credit that Nissan/NMAC receives.

I had a little double accounting on the tax because the captive lease company usually passes all or part of that through in the lease incentive since it goes to them.

You can go to Edmunds or Motor Trend to see what the incentives are. MT often breaks out the lease terms.

I don't know if anyone mentioned it on this board yet, but it seems that the NMAC discount for buying (not leasing) a Leaf has been bumped from its long-running $3,500 to $5,000.

Go to car.com, search on Leafs, and then in the entry for one of the cars click on the "Special offers" links and you should see "$5,000 Financing Bonus Cash Expires 7/31/15".

Back