Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New owner. Bought on the 19th of JUL

2015 Nissan LEAF SV
After $5000 rebate price $22,434 financing 0% -72 months
CA rebate $2500
Federal tax credit $7500

Splash Guards, Floor Mats & Cargo Area Mat, Kickplates

jijizak said:
bradbissell said:
Cancel. The only maintenance I've performed in 2 1/2 years is tire rotation.

thanks!! so the finance guy lied that every 6 months maintenance is required.

Wait a second -- the finance guy at a car dealership LIED to customer!?!?!?

This simply has to be the first time that's ever happened in the history of mankind!!!

(In case anyone is missing my point, my sarcasm is directed at car dealerships, and not anyone participating in this thread.)

So, the speech that ' periodic maintenance by nissan technicians is required for any lease' is full of BS !
Anyone leasing can please confirm that this will not create any issue during lease return ?
Thanks.

hapadakara said:
New owner. Bought on the 19th of JUL

2015 Nissan LEAF SV
After $5000 rebate price $22,434 financing 0% -72 months
CA rebate $2500
Federal tax credit $7500

Splash Guards, Floor Mats & Cargo Area Mat, Kickplates

That's a great price. That is the price from my local dealer for the S trim, the SV is being quoted much higher in Denver. I'm sure i can negotiate a bit more..?

I think so. It didn't take much negotiation. We provided the true car quote which was about $23998 and he dropped that price down to about $22800 by the time we actually test drove the car. We then asked for more off and he just brought it down to $22434.

Shopping for used Leaf for a while now and I have to wonder if I'm being shortsighted as to the value of the new Leafs. Limiting my search to a 2013 with Nav/Carwings/QC at a minimum, I'm not really finding much for <$12k. Taking into account the questionable battery status concerns and the approximately $10k discounts before the tax credit, it seems a no brainer to buy new. Based on above, I should be able to net cost around $17k for the 2015 SV, (NY resident so I only get the Fed Credit). The $5k premium seems well worth it for new vs. 3 year old leaf. Am I missing something or should I just wait a few more months as dealers prepare for the 2016? I really can't hold out till spring for the rumored release of the 2016 which I'm sure will bring a substantial drop to existing leaf values.

divbell2003 said:
So, the speech that ' periodic maintenance by nissan technicians is required for any lease' is full of BS !
Anyone leasing can please confirm that this will not create any issue during lease return ?
Thanks.

I can absolutely confirm. They gave me the same bullshit when I started my lease 23 months ago. The only requirement is that you get the battery checked at 12 months, and that is free. They want you to add some maintenance agreement on to your payment or something. Just rotate the tires every once in a while, since they do tend to wear a bit oddly. Or don't. Doesn't really matter. haha

Dyefrog said:
Shopping for used Leaf for a while now and I have to wonder if I'm being shortsighted as to the value of the new Leafs. Limiting my search to a 2013 with Nav/Carwings/QC at a minimum, I'm not really finding much for <$12k. Taking into account the questionable battery status concerns and the approximately $10k discounts before the tax credit, it seems a no brainer to buy new. Based on above, I should be able to net cost around $17k for the 2015 SV, (NY resident so I only get the Fed Credit). The $5k premium seems well worth it for new vs. 3 year old leaf. Am I missing something or should I just wait a few more months as dealers prepare for the 2016? I really can't hold out till spring for the rumored release of the 2016 which I'm sure will bring a substantial drop to existing leaf values.

A 2013 is 2.5 y/o max, they started to sell them beginning of 2013 only iirc. $5k almost buys you a new pack down the road if you ever need it or enough to cover any unlikely out of warranty repairs. Don't forget to add sales tax on the Fed Credit, likely higher insurance premium for a newer car and registration. Payments add up. EV drivetrain is covered for 5 years/60 miles, so you'll be covered for any big-bill item failures for another 3 years at least if you pick a late 2013 low-mileage car, the late 2013s are thought to have a better battery but the jury is still out. I'd save the $5k towards the purchase of a new generation EV in 2-3 years as whatever you buy today is going to be obsolete then, or so we hope. Just be careful, avoid cars brought from hot climates, and check battery health status using LeafSpy before buying.

I just saw this article on yahoo.com, so how real is this deal?
Why is it that I don't see anyone here who recently purchased/leased a Leaf getting this offer?

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/14-best-summer-new-car-c1439422026380.html

14 Best Summer New-Car Clearance Deals

1. Nissan Leaf
Deal:
Up to $10,650 lease cash or $5,000 cash back and 0.0 percent financing to 72 months.

Low gas prices may have put this kibosh on electric car sales, but those looking to hedge their bets on future oil prices can avail themselves of an incredible deal on the soon-to-be-updated Nissan Leaf. The EPA says it gets the equivalent of 114 mpg in city/highway driving and has an estimated range of 84 miles on a charge.

Take the $5,000 cash back deal and combine it with the federal income tax credit of $7,500 allowed to EV buyers to drop the Leaf’s base sticker price to just $16,510, and that’s before deducting the dealer’s discount.

I took advantage of this deal to replace my '13 leased Leaf with a '15 that I purchased: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1114&start=710#p432440

I also know of at least 1 colleague who got a similar deal.

- m

I also took advantage of this deal. $33,450 MSRP 2015 Leaf SV, less the $5,000 Nissan rebate, less $5,000 dealer discount, less federal tax credit $7,500, less CA rebate $2,500, less local air district rebate $3,000 resulted in $10,450 plus sales tax and license. For a brand new Leaf.
Best new car deal I've ever seen. A lot of technology/car for the money.

There's being environmentally green, and then there's being fiscally green. I'll take both! :mrgreen:

Do you have to agree on MSRP when getting $10k in Nissan incentives or you can negotiate to dealer's invoice or close?

Also, anyone knows what is the VPP pricing on the 2015 for business associates?

Valdemar said:
Do you have to agree on MSRP when getting $10k in Nissan incentives or you can negotiate to dealer's invoice or close?

I contacted 4 dealers (internet dept.) to ask about VPP pricing, and all told me the rebate was a better deal. All my quotes were relative to MSRP and I did no negotiation. One of the dealers was trying to force me into a lease for some reason, but other than that it was all very straightforward.

-m

morlglums said:
Valdemar said:

I contacted 4 dealers (internet dept.) to ask about VPP pricing, and all told me the rebate was a better deal. All my quotes were relative to MSRP and I did no negotiation. One of the dealers was trying to force me into a lease for some reason, but other than that it was all very straightforward.

-m

I was under the impression that VPP pricing is stackable with any current incentives, are you saying that getting both the VPP price and $10k in rebates is impossible?

BakoDuck said:
I also took advantage of this deal. $33,450 MSRP 2015 Leaf SV, less the $5,000 Nissan rebate, less $5,000 dealer discount, less federal tax credit $7,500, less CA rebate $2,500, less local air district rebate $3,000 resulted in $10,450 plus sales tax and license. For a brand new Leaf.
That is insanely cheap. I'd buy instead of leasing at that price.

Looking to buy in southern california/san diego. Any contacts with dealership who can give good price ?

dd123 said:
Looking to buy in southern california/san diego. Any contacts with dealership who can give good price ?

How far are you willing to drive? I spent some time today calling dealers, most just just give you $5-6k off MSRP and don't budge. The best I found was Costa Mesa Nissan, they have 2 white SVs discounted $8-9k which what I was looking at, I spoke to them and there may be some additional room for negotiation.

evnow said:
BakoDuck said:
That is insanely cheap. I'd buy instead of leasing at that price.
Actually, the large rebates offered in some regions also make leasing a BEV insanely cheap.

Best deal I've seen reported is from GM.

If you live in The San Joaquin Valley, for example, It looks to me like you could be paid ~$1,100 (the $5,382 total payments being less than the $6,500 total rebates) to lease a Spark E for 39 months.

...Kelley Blue Book recently released its list of the 10 best lease, financing and cash back deals for new cars available in August.

Chevrolet Spark EV maintains its strong place, ranked third with an extraordinary lease deal at $0 due at signing and $138 a month for 39 months.

That’s $5,382 for using a brand new car for over three years. And as Kelley Blue Book notes, Chevrolet Spark EV is using 100% less gas than the regular version, so the savings could be significant...
http://insideevs.com/kelley-blue-book-lists-chevrolet-spark-ev-among-best-deals/

Valdemar said:
morlglums said:
Valdemar said:

-m

I was under the impression that VPP pricing is stackable with any current incentives, are you saying that getting both the VPP price and $10k in rebates is impossible?

All the dealers I talked to said it was VPP _or_ the rebates/incentives. In that case, VPP was much more expensive. Again I did not haggle, so I don't know how much more room there is for discounts.

Back