XM working for next 2 weeks

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Google xm radio offer codes and you can get a better deal. I am getting 6 months for $25.00 plus ttl. Otherwise, their yearly rate is over $100 which is not worth it.

Ian B

LTLFTcomposite said:
wishboneash said:
Citi has a virtual credit card feature. You can generate a one-time number. If XM takes that number, you are done. When they try to renew in 6 months, the one-time number won't work and subscription will expire automatically.
Are you sure they don't have some fine print about you are still responsible for the charges until you cancel, even if your form of payment is turned down?
I ran into that on Tivo a few years ago on a box we were only occasionally using. My credit card number had been changed on account of fraud concerns, and the $6 a month charge stopped getting paid. I forget the details now, it went unpaid for a couple months, with my "account" going into arrears. Finally I occurred to me what happened when the box put up a message to contact customer service or whatever. So when I called them I was like $14 in the red. Whether they would have sent me to collections for $14 or dinged my credit is hard to say, it wasn't worth it to me to find out. (A few months later we cancelled the service)

You could be right. I remember with some services, non-payment resulted in interruption of services which meant you were not getting the service and therefore not responsible. With others, account might go into arrears and you continue to get the service. One would have to read the fine print. The good thing is they don't have your CC number and you can potentially cancel it with a written statement/email. It would be their problem if they didn't honor it.

Someone else posted this in another forum...
Free Sirius/XM Nov 14-27
For two weeks Sirius/XM will be running 60 channels of programming that is free on any receiver, even unsubscribed.

http://www.siriusxm.com/listen5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FYI, it does not include Howard Stern.

32Gb SD USB stick - unlimited music...takes seconds to swap out for new tunes.

In my ICE car I just did a 5,000 mile round trip without repeating a song nor Book on tape. Just awesome.

Before 4Gb USB sticks were common I had XMSR stock, after I got my first 4Gb stick I sold stock, good thing too.

mrradon said:
32Gb SD USB stick - unlimited music...takes seconds to swap out for new tunes. ...

+1. With all of the other means to get audio into the car I don't see much of a niche for a paid satellite radio subscription.

I discovered that XM radio was working for me this morning. Must be another one of their free trials. Is it working for anyone else?

mirko said:
I discovered that XM radio was working for me this morning. Must be another one of their free trials. Is it working for anyone else?

Good to know, my subscriptions ends today. I usually play my ipod 50% and XM 50% but, not after today. Love my ipod with no commercials.

Ian B

mirko said:
Yes, they are in a two week free trial of 60 channels. I think this one ends on February 12th, IIRC.

The promotion I got in the mail also included a six months for $25 offer. But, like some others here, I just use a USB flash drive with music from my extensive—mostly classical—CD collection.

Back