Wonder if anyone got lower GOM reading at full charge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdmondLeaf

10379077-A7C7-44FB-99C5-E76599DAE1D2_15.jpg

for sale in AZ http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011...ars_Trucks&hash=item337dafed0d#ht_3174wt_1168

I see all the 12 bars.

Someone should have really abused the car before charging, getting the efficiency down to 1.5 miles per kWh ?

I have never seen that low a GOM total on an 80% charge, much less a 100% charge, even after "abusing" our Leaf by autocrossing it and actually achieving about 1.5 miles/kWh efficiency one day last year.

TT

thankyouOB said:
what did you do, drive 80 mph for the previous charge?
Who is "you" in your question? This car does not belong to anyone commenting in this thread. It is at a dealer in AZ if you look at the ebay link provided in the first post. A clue to why the dash may show such an anomalous figure in the GOM is in the description of the auction:
"This 2011 Nissan Leaf SL is one gorgeous vehicle ! It is in excellent condition. This Leaf will have a reacquired vehicle in the title history. It was reacquired by Nissan because the vehicle would not go into drive mode. The Nissan dealer replaced the battery controller to rectify the issue! We have the paperwork from Nissan to verify the repairs. This vehicle was then completely inspected by Nissan and found to meet factory specifications. The repair history is available on this vehicle. The factory warranty is in effect!"

I would guess the picture was taken shortly after the repairs were made when there was little or no driving history at all for the GOM to use in the calculation. Perhaps usage history was deleted in memory for the repair and that is the default value? Who knows, but it is a whacked out figure, no doubt. Who owned VIN 0642? It isn't in the ownership database that I can see.

TT

...the vehicle would not go into drive mode. The Nissan dealer replaced the battery controller [...] completely inspected by Nissan and found to meet factory specifications.
Egad...can you imagine ending up with saintyohann's lemon buy-back vehicle? The phrase "meets spec", as in "works normally", coming from Nissan or the dealer just makes me shudder.

If we can't identify a MNL member as previous owner .... would someone from Scottsdale/PHX mind going over there with a GID meter and reporting results ? And then sucking down the SOC a little for the benefit of the next owner ? ;)

LEAFer said:
If we can't identify a MNL member as previous owner .... would someone from Scottsdale/PHX mind going over there with a GID meter and reporting results ? And then sucking down the SOC a little for the benefit of the next owner ? ;)

I don't have a Gid meter (have a LEAF SG), but if the dealership will allow it, I can go this morning and measure the BC %. I'm guessing it will be in the '80s since they've reset it.

LEAFer said:

I was finally making movements to buy the LEAF that's been at my local dealer for almost a year & they told me there was somebody signing papers right then. Not that I would ever doubt the honesty of a dealer, but I drove by on Sunday just to check & it was sitting up front on the Nissan charger... I almost unplugged it for the sake of the owner that would probably pick it up Monday, but figured tbat people who don't understand would freak out. Oh well...

Philip

gbarry42 said:
Egad...can you imagine ending up with saintyohann's lemon buy-back vehicle? The phrase "meets spec", as in "works normally", coming from Nissan or the dealer just makes me shudder.

It wonder if it maybe be beneficial to have saintyohann's VIN number? And maybe, in the greater sense, begin a list of cars that should be given a wide-berth. I would HATE to run across sy's car on a lot at an appealing price and not be cognizant of it. That car truly was poster child for what the lemon laws are supposed do.

Unless, of course, sy has had to sign-off on one of Nissan NDAs. :?

The BC read 87% at almost a 100% charge so it looks like they did the same thing as the other reset one. They drove it 3.8 miles after a 100% charge. The dealer was told by Nissan not to leave it at 100%. I told him to take it down to at least 9 or 10 bars if not being driven.
Also, he told me that this car was sold to the dealer from Nissan, and it was from another state. So if that's true, then maybe the capacity bars haven't been reset.

I do get my GOM lower when I charge at home on top of the hill, than when I charge at work after the downhill commute. And yes I charge to 100% every time. Sue me. I still have 12 bars.
GOM states about 70 - 73 miles after charging at home vs 90 - 110 miles after charging at work.

35 miles after full charge is extreme, though. Does it have any relevance to the actual range you get ?

mwalsh said:
gbarry42 said:

It wonder if it maybe be beneficial to have saintyohann's VIN number? And maybe, in the greater sense, begin a list of cars that should be given a wide-berth. I would HATE to run across sy's car on a lot at an appealing price and not be cognizant of it. That car truly was poster child for what the lemon laws are supposed do.

Unless, of course, sy has had to sign-off on one of Nissan NDAs. :?

I'll credit Nissan with more brains than to resell such a car -- so that it could come around and bite them in the ass a second time! :roll: :lol:

Since the VIN is a very low number and it has the front plate mount installed, it is probably a California car. I think a lot of CA lemon-law buy backs end up in AZ because I have seen quite a few in the used vehicle sections of new vehicle dealer lots when shopping for new vehicles over the years.

If sales representatives really want to show me used versions of new vehicles I am shopping for, I look at them and review the repair histories to get an idea about common problems. Most of the buy back repair histories I have looked at were clearly electrical issues where the same or related parts were replaced multiple times until the lemon law kicked in. In those cases, the underlying problems were likely loose connections in wiring harnesses or bad ground connections. If the underlying problems were corrected, the vehicles would be good deals. If not, there would be continuing problems for the purchasers in AZ without lemon law protection since they are used cars.

Regarding the used LEAF in this thread: If Nissan truly fixed the issue that led to the buy back, it might be OK for a buyer here because its battery is probably better than similar mileage cars that have spent their entire life in AZ. I don't know if the price is reasonable with talk of low lease rates available on new ones, but I guess that is up to the buyer to decide.

Gerry

This LEAF is the four cylinder / automatic transmission version:

Year: 2011 Vehicle Title: Lemon & Manufacturer Buyback
Make: Nissan Options: 4 Door, Automatic Transmission,
Model: Leaf
Engine: 4-Cylinder

Back