Uh-oh, Spaghetti-Os!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised they can sell the LEAF in this condition.
When I lived in Georgia I had a vehicle with significantly less damage than this, that the insurance company totaled.
And in Georgia, there was no way I could buy it back.
Only a licensed service facility that restored totaled vehicles back to acceptable condition could even buy it.

And no, I don't want it.
As fast as used LEAF prices are falling, my guess is that you can find a 2011 LEAF with no damage soon for no more than $1000 than they want for this one.
So sad!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

TimLee said:

Why not? It's obviously not legal to drive (mostly due to no lighting equipment and bumper in front) but they make that clear in the auction, if the pictures somehow don't give you that impression.

A salvage yard may want that for parts; perhaps someone may want the drivetrain and batteries for some sort of custom EV project.

I do agree that it's not economical to repair for that price short of stealing another Leaf and using its parts to fix it, or to do a total VIN switch.

Here's one with no damage:

Nissan : Leaf SL 100% Electric! Fast Charging Port *NO RESERVE*
7-DAYS *NO RESERVE* '12 LEAF SL NAV BACK-UP HEATED FRON...

5,748 miles

21 Bids

$13,200.00 Time left:5d 17h 50m

I'll sell you mine. Its in perfect condition 12k miles. asking $18k.

these guys will never get these high prices when a perfectly good used one is selling for not much more.

It doesn't appear to be in all that bad of shape. $11,900 is obviously a fantastic deal for an SL model with chademo and 19,000 miles. (none of the photos show the capacity bars, though) So the only real question is, how much would it cost to repair it? The airbags are not deployed, so that saves a huge amount of money right there, and also tends to indicate the crash was probably 20 mph or less.

adric22 said:
It doesn't appear to be in all that bad of shape. $11,900 is obviously a fantastic deal for an SL model with chademo and 19,000 miles. (none of the photos show the capacity bars, though) So the only real question is, how much would it cost to repair it? The airbags are not deployed, so that saves a huge amount of money right there, and also tends to indicate the crash was probably 20 mph or less.

The driver air bag did deploy...the cover/horn push is ripped. Headlamps $1k each, unless you can find used ones. New bumper bar and cover; new fenders; new hood; charge port cover; air bag; windshield. That's all going to cost a pretty penny. Though, as you say...it's not bad otherwise.

Edit: Something a bit iffy about it being sold through a UT dealer...probably so it doesn't get a salvage title on the rebuild. Very naughty!

TimLee said:
When I lived in Georgia I had a vehicle with significantly less damage than this, that the insurance company totaled.
And in Georgia, there was no way I could buy it back.
Only a licensed service facility that restored totaled vehicles back to acceptable condition could even buy it.

And no, I don't want it.
As fast as used LEAF prices are falling, my guess is that you can find a 2011 LEAF with no damage soon for no more than $1000 than they want for this one.
So sad!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

sell like that all the time around here. they just retitle it as salvage or something and go with it.

Reading their little FAQ, they sound like real nice bunch. I like how they blasted the tire shine right there where it sat for the photos, just adds that touch of class. :roll:

adric22 said:

If you look carefully, they packed it in nice and closed the flaps, but it did deploy. Wondering what other bags deployed that they tried to cover up...

kubel said:
If you look carefully, they packed it in nice and closed the flaps, but it did deploy. Wondering what other bags deployed that they tried to cover up...

Oops! You're right! I would have noticed that if I saw it in person, though. I was actually paying more attention to the passenger side, but now that I think about it that airbag wouldn't deploy without a passenger in that spot. The only accident I was ever in that involved airbags was my 2001 Honda Insight (R.I.P.) And in that case, both airbags deployed even though nobody was in the passenger seat.
wrecked_insight7_zpsc157df3e.jpg

Back in those days, a number of cars did not yet have passenger seat occupant sensors for the airbags...

adric22 said:
The only accident I was ever in that involved airbags was my 2001 Honda Insight (R.I.P.) And in that case, both airbags deployed even though nobody was in the passenger seat.

Back