$20K for a 35mile range Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caffeinekid

Here's your chance...at a piece of EV infamy you might say. :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-Leaf-SL-2011-NISSAN-LEAF-SL-NAVIGATION-REAR-CAMERA-BLUETOOTH-BEST-OFFER-BUYS-/221152013581?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item337dafed0d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

caffeinekid said:
Here's your chance. :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-Leaf-SL-2011-NISSAN-LEAF-SL-NAVIGATION-REAR-CAMERA-BLUETOOTH-BEST-OFFER-BUYS-/221152013581?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item337dafed0d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What is your source for stating that this vehicle has a 35mi range??? :?

derkraut said:
caffeinekid said:

Look at the photo of the dash cluster.

caffeinekid said:
derkraut said:
caffeinekid said:

Look at the photo of the dash cluster.

You actually look at/depend upon the "Guess-O-Meter? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[/quote]
You actually look at/depend upon the "Guess-O-Meter? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

+1
No wonder the car is broken, Poor Nissan. Looks like someone was driving this one like a Tesla Roadster. If you want to go fast Ricky Bobby....buy a Roadster. The LEAF is not a dragster, although it will leave all ICE in the dust.

EVDRIVER said:
Was there not just a tread on this car already?

Yes, there was already a thread. I guess caffeinekid missed the other thread. I also guess that he hasn't learned the GOM can fluctuate wildly depending on how the car is driven. I tested that car's BC and it was at 87% at almost a 100% charge so that's plenty more miles than 35.

I have NEVER seen a GOM read 35 miles on a full 100% charge before.. especially considering this vehicle is showing to have all of its capacity bars. Something is very odd there.

Although.. Admittedly, if the battery were really that bad that it could only do 35 miles, I would still be happy to buy it if the price were right AND we know how much a replacement battery pack from Nissan would cost.

I bought a 2001 Prius several years ago (before i got the Leaf, obvisouly) for $2,800 from some car dealer because the battery was bad and they didn't want to deal with it. I bought a brand new battery for $1,900 and installed it myself. Then I drove the car for a year trouble-free and sold it for $6,000.

So if a Leaf battery were $6,000 and the car was being sold for $12,000... Might be a good deal.

LEAFfan said:
EVDRIVER said:

Yes, there was already a thread. I guess caffeinekid missed the other thread. I also guess that he hasn't learned the GOM can fluctuate wildly depending on how the car is driven. I tested that car's BC and it was at 87% at almost a 100% charge so that's plenty more miles than 35.
and as most dumb dealerships ... they'll be storing it w/ a 100% charge as the GOM already shows. It's a wonder the dealers sell any of 'em the way many of them are.

hill said:
LEAFfan said:
EVDRIVER said:

and as most dumb dealerships ... they'll be storing it w/ a 100% charge as the GOM already shows. It's a wonder the dealers sell any of 'em the way many of them are.

I told him about that and he said Nissan told him not to keep it at 100%, so he does know.

adric22 said:
I have NEVER seen a GOM read 35 miles on a full 100% charge before.. especially considering this vehicle is showing to have all of its capacity bars. Something is very odd there.
There are probably many possible explanations for this. One is that the car was left on while parked with the heater running on the previous charge. That would send the GOM way down.

Howdy

Back