Window Tinting

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone recommend a shop for tinting my Leaf in the San Francisco Bay Area? A shop in the peninsular is preferred, but anywhere in the Bay Area would be ok.

These guys are really good close to Fontana for the person asking that

stevestinting.com
1639 West Foothill Boulevard, Upland, CA 91786
stevestinting.com

We had 4 cars tinted there already and 2 bluetooth's installed. They use pinnacle for tinting, work fast, detailed oriented and give a cash discount. On my prius I did 30% of the highest quality tint on all side windows and back window as well as 85% on the front windshield (front windshield is expensive but worth it, b/c it's a big surface and it's just so much more comfortable but you do notice the tint if you have polarized sunglasses). Note that tinting the front windshield and the front side windows is illegal. My BIL did exaclty the same on his swanky Supra sportscar and was pulled over within 2 weeks by a cop (fix it ticket). I never had a problem. I think they let it slide for hybrid's and EV's. having your tint removed in the shop is cheap and does not leave a trace (good to know for lease) My mileage went from 45mpg to 48 mpg in the prius. I def would not go darker, on winter evenings it's as dark as I want it to be. Now that I live in the SFBay area I might even go for 50% because it's definitely not as sunny here and it will have even less risk of being pulled over. I like the uniform look, I would not get limo tint (5%) for the back sides and back window. I Found a shop that uses pinneacle in oakland. Getting there and back from Sunnyale will be a bit of a challenge with the LEAF

Hope this helps!

I'm reading that it's not legal to tint the front windowsn in CA. It is allowed to tint them if you have medical permission from your optometrist? I would love to tint the windows because it would look better.

You can tint down to the AS1 line but that is it.

kieodadie said:
I'm reading that it's not legal to tint the front windowsn in CA. It is allowed to tint them if you have medical permission from your optometrist? I would love to tint the windows because it would look better.

In SoCal, I found TW Tinting through Yelp (as of this post 38 reviews averaging FIVE stars). Highest rated biz I've ever seen: http://www.yelp.com/biz/tw-tinting-santa-ana

I called Friday morning, was able to secure a 10:30 appt, and it took about 2.5 hours with three men on it. They only deal with high quality film, and I opted for 20% VLT ceramic all the way around except for the entire front windshield, which I had done in clear (95% VLT). Neither of his films affect radio/bluetooth transmission but just be careful with other shops that use lower quality metallic film. Ceramic is much better at reducing heat than even darker metallics.

Leo and crew were very professional, the shop is VERY clean, and they even let me opportunity charge while I was there :)

Highly recommended. I'll take some pics in a day or so when I'm positive it's completely dry.

popak said:
z0ner said:
In SoCal, I found TW Tinting through Yelp (as of this post 38 reviews averaging FIVE stars). Highest rated biz I've ever seen: http://www.yelp.com/biz/tw-tinting-santa-ana
z0ner, if you don't mind sharing, how much did it cost?

Their competitive retail price is $350 and they didn't charge extra for doing 9 windows. The entire front windshield is $200 more. This is with ceramic tint, bringing the total to $550. I paid less, so don't be afraid to ask for a discount. If you go the metallic route take about 40% off. Lifetime warranty of course and they are very reasonable with re-applying the fronts if you get "popped". They quoted me $110 for removal and application (ceramic).

z0ner said:
Their competitive retail price is $350 and they didn't charge extra for doing 9 windows.
Thanks! I'm interested in ceramic too, so it's good to know. Very reasonable.

z0ner said:
They quoted me $110 for removal and application (ceramic).
Ha ha. I'm still debating whether to do my front windows at all. Some of my neighbors have already been busted multiple times and most don't have front window tints any more.

In the San Fernando Valley...I took mine to a place called Solar Eclipse in Woodland Hills. Ceramic tint on all but the windshield was less than $200. Also had my previous 2 cars done by them and haven't had any problems.

ehuna said:
Can anyone recommend a shop for tinting my Leaf in the San Francisco Bay Area? A shop in the peninsular is preferred, but anywhere in the Bay Area would be ok.

+1. I am in SF Bay Area as well. South bay is preferred but willing to drive for the right place..

I've used Mr. Tint in San Jose. They do a good job, and carry Huper Optik ceramic film, which is much more effective than standard or metalized tints for heat rejection. Once we get our Leaf (week of May 30th, dealer invoiced 5-23), I'll have them tint the car.

Mr. Tint, Inc.
350 Kiely Blvd #5
San Jose, CA 95129
www.mistertint.com
408-247-8468

TW Tinting looks good. I noticed my buddies Metric Method truck in their slideshow. He says they did a good job so that's where I'm going.

Anyone have pictures to post of a blue LEAF with tinted windows? I've seen pictures of a tinted white one and it looks awesome, but I'd like to see what a tinted blue one looks like...

lemketron said:
Anyone have pictures to post of a blue LEAF with tinted windows?
Here are my before and after pictures. Oregon only lets us tint to 50% so they are not that dark:
before:
250299_1987330534061_1567249303_2133591_8377598_n.jpg

after:
248094_1987330734066_1567249303_2133592_3476014_n.jpg

Back