Will you hold off for rumored 2014 LEAF?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are likely going to be holding on to it for a long, long time then as I doubt we will see such favorable conditions again for quite some time, if ever...

SkiTundra said:
Most companies don't repatriate cash in unfavorable conditions.

Because until we get our short and long-term deficits under control and spun down, some long-term faith in the American economy again at the world level, and a sound financial plan for the future, the dollar is going to be next to worthless...

evnow said:
TomT said:
They are likely going to be holding on to it for a long, long time then as I doubt we will see such favorable conditions again for quite some time, if ever...

Why ?

garygid said:
IF you can afford to "buy now" (many cannot) and possibly
trade up later, you will most likely experience:

1. the delightful pleasure of "quiet" cruising.
2. the discovery of your "fit" to an EV lifestyle.
3. the joy of passing gas stations.
4. more relaxation in your driving, and life.
5. the satisfaction of showing GM that they, not you, are behind the times.
6. pleasure with being able to actually demonstrate "the future" to others.
7. the learning of a new way of doing old things.
8. a fantastic satisfaction that you are NOT still "waiting".

At least, these are some of my hopes for you.
Be part of the No-Gas Revolution, don't let it pass you by.
Something this significant rarely happens in one's lifetime.

Join us ...
Sincerely, Gary
+1 on everything Gary says.

TomT said:
Because until we get our short and long-term deficits under control and spun down...
Oh, another Austrian Economics guy. Have you looked at Japanese deficits in the last 2 decades ? No amount of facts convinces Austrian school that their economic model is broken.

I didn't say it was, I said ours was...

evnow said:
TomT said:
Because until we get our short and long-term deficits under control and spun down...
Oh, another Austrian Economics guy. Have you looked at Japanese deficits in the last 2 decades ? No amount of facts convinces Austrian school that their economic model is broken.

The main reason to buy NOW is to support the EV movement as much as possible. The more people that buy, the more cool improvements we'll have down the pipe.

-Phil

DaveinOlyWA said:
1/62nd?? wow, thought you were a "little" bigger than that. either way, still very impressive #'s and a reflection of where the US "could" be if we were paying a higher price for gas like you guys do.

Only about 5 million people here, US around 310-320 I think ? Gas was $10.35 last time I calculated the price in gallons. Diesel is a little cheaper at $9.45.

mkjayakumar said:
Norway being such a cold place, I wonder how this generation Leaf works out for them ?

We got no 2011 models at all, only 2012 with cold weather pack. I haven't hear of any winter problems at all, mine worked just fine i 3 degrees F and one battery temp bar. Range is of course shorter, but I have no problems going 55-60 miles even in the middle of winter. Pre-heating is a must though ;)

TomT said:
Because until we get our short and long-term deficits under control and spun down, some long-term faith in the American economy again at the world level, and a sound financial plan for the future, the dollar is going to be next to worthless.
Sickeningly sad, but true. To make matters worse, neither party is working on it ... so it's still getting worse. Everybody needs to make their own contingency plan(s) for or legislator's failure(s) to make any real plan(s). :(

mkjayakumar said:
Norway being such a cold place, I wonder how this generation Leaf works out for them ?
It's the 11th highest selling car in the Norway, based on the most recent new car registration statistics released.

Norway has a long history with the smaller electric cars, plus this size of car is very popular in general. The VW Golf for example has always been one of the highest selling car models.

But then again petrol and diesel cost about 9 or 10 dollars per gallon in Norway. And electric cars are exempt from the very steep steep new car registration taxes that basically can make a decently spec'ed Golf cost you about 60,000 dollars including all fees and taxes!

The current version of the Leaf sold in Norway includes standard seat and steering wheel heating. And winter tires, I think. The local salesmen basically tell customers to expect 40 to 70 mile range from the leaf in winter conditions, and the claimed Nissan range only in summer.

On the flip side Norway has a good number of charging points, I think about 3,000, most of that being in the capital city.

Next Leaf update expected in Norway is around fall 2013, when the UK-built Leaf is expected to be launched here.

I thought this thread used to be titled "Will you hold off for rumored 2013 LEAF?" talking about pretty much the same anticipated set of new features. And I'm sure while my 2011 was on order I read a thread "Will you hold off for rumored 2012 LEAF?" talking about the cold weather package. I'll just go out on a limb here and predict this or a new thread will later be titled "Will you hold off for rumored 2015 LEAF?" talking again about batteries. And 2016 - batteries again. And 2017...

walterbays said:
I thought this thread used to be titled "Will you hold off for rumored 2013 LEAF?" talking about pretty much the same anticipated set of new features. And I'm sure while my 2011 was on order I read a thread "Will you hold off for rumored 2012 LEAF?" talking about the cold weather package. I'll just go out on a limb here and predict this or a new thread will later be titled "Will you hold off for rumored 2015 LEAF?" talking again about batteries. And 2016 - batteries again. And 2017...

Quite true ... something REALLY has to make the next MY car that much more appealing as well as whatever car situation you're in; we've seen sometimes where people are hoping to get a 'leftover' previous MY at a discount because of a particular redesign, etc. but if your car is dead or dying quickly what would you do ... rent, buy a clunker, zipcar, etc. you can only hold off a purchase so long or simply go without. Even if you're flexible enough to wait (just like this whole CWP issue between '11's and the '12's some folks in warmer states would have preferred the non-CWP cars so actually getting an 'early' '11 at a lower price may have actually been an advantage for them) there still is a time limit. To me the 6.6 kWh charge rate is nice on a '13 but during the last 4 1/2 months of ownership of my '12 I only had one instance (had several errands one day --- we drove early AM and then came home to charge for a number of hours and then drove out again) were it would have been handy ... hardly worth waiting for.

Back