Wholesale value of the 2011 Leaf @Auction March 2018

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, do I read that correctly? Are they predicting that by May 2016 the 2011 Leaf will auction for $2525 and retail for $3400!!!!!!!! Yikes. EDIT: so I jumped back to April 2014 here:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8354&start=240#p362893
And confirmed that the 2011 Leaf lost about $5000 depreciation in a year. So the prediction that it will depreciate another $5K, is straight line. So everybody get ready to buy a used one in 2017 when they will pay you $2K to take one. :lol:

Reddy said:
Wow, do I read that correctly? Are they predicting that by May 2016 the 2011 Leaf will auction for $2525 and retail for $3400!!!!!!!! Yikes.
well, I'm a car keeper, well, until it falls apart. I'd buy at that price and put in a $5000+ battery.

Reddy said:
Wow, do I read that correctly? Are they predicting that by May 2016 the 2011 Leaf will auction for $2525 and retail for $3400!!!!!!!! Yikes. EDIT: so I jumped back to April 2014 here:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8354&start=240#p362893
And confirmed that the 2011 Leaf lost about $5000 depreciation in a year. So the prediction that it will depreciate another $5K, is straight line. So everybody get ready to buy a used one in 2017 when they will pay you $2K to take one. :lol:
I suspect that when I see a LEAF in at all reasonable shape for $5k, I'm probably gonna pick up a second one. I can charge that while the other one is in use, and just swap cars when I get home for extra range ;)

ishiyakazuo said:
I suspect that when I see a LEAF in at all reasonable shape for $5k, I'm probably gonna pick up a second one. I can charge that while the other one is in use, and just swap cars when I get home for extra range ;)

there you go. Have one at work, charging, one at home charging and... cool. ok, maybe not.

DuncanCunningham said:
KJD said:
OrientExpress, when you have time could you update this thread with the current values. Today I stopped by the local Nissan dealer and asked what the trade in value was on my 2012 SL and I was told 7800. That seems low for a car with only 27,500 miles.

I also stopped by the local Carmax and they only offered me 8000. Is dealer trade in price usually less than auction price ?

Put it up on KSL... if you ask 11,000 it will get snapped up quickly, if you need to sell it that low. I would have bought it from you, but I already got a 2012 and my wife got a 2015. I have frends getting all interested in my LEAF, maybe one of them will want yours?

Good idea, I think I will do that tomorrow. Just put a deposit on a 2012 Tesla Model S 85 today. The CPO prices are just too good to pass up.

If you know anyone looking for a 2012 LEAF SL, I have one for sale. (white pearl)

KJD said:
Good idea, I think I will do that tomorrow. Just put a deposit on a 2012 Tesla Model S 85 today. The CPO prices are just too good to pass up.

If you know anyone looking for a 2012 LEAF SL, I have one for sale. (white pearl)

ha ha, I've not had any orders come in yet ;)

I can resist, my mortgage balance is about the same as a used Tesla, I'll pay that off first and stick with my $13k Nissan Leaf until is can not get me to where I need to go each day. I was brought up to buy the cheapest car I can humble myself to drive and the nicest house I could afford to mortgage. That thinking, sort of works. I just had to get rid of the ICE car. I fix my own cars and I was getting sick of the complexity of the ICE since the late 90's and I've been waiting and waiting for the battery tech to give us a EV that can get me to work and back each day. I'm almost delirious driving my Leaf now. I can't believe it happened in my lifetime and I was in the position to afford one this year.

I find myself being a calmer driver, I get pretty good Miles per KW since my Honda Insight 1st Gen taught me how to hypermile when needed. I get about 5.4 miles KWH right now. If we have to have a longer trip, we'll rent a car for that.

Anyway, if you need assistance selling it on KSL, I'd love to help you out. I just sold my Wife's 2000 CRV and now my little Honda Insight is next. Dealing with people calling and not turning up and messing about, low balling, lying etc is pain so I can see why people just sell to a dealer. I think you could sell it for over $12,000. It has a Quick Charging port, right?

fwiw I just bought a used leaf from a used car dealer who bought it at auction

He sold it to me for $8995 so imagine how cheap he got it at auction

2012 SL with 38,xxx miles (I think xxx was maybe around 100 at the time of auction but I'm not sure I've driven it several hundred miles since then and xxx is 492 right now).

He said he goes to the auction and sees the same care week after week that won't sell at the price the manufacturer wants (he talked about Fords and other cars not just Nissan). He just puts a bid on them waiting for the week they decide to move it at any price.

He mentioned two cars side by side identical condition, features might auction for several thousand dollars difference on the same day. Add in the differences in condition and features and there are some vastly over priced cars coming out of auction and a few under priced.

I was very happy with what I saw when I examined the car. Leafspy said 83% capacity, dash showed one bar lost, I drove it 200 miles home and according to leafspy I was the first one to use the chademo port.

See the list of Top Battery Electric Car Deals This Month below.

The New LEAF doesn't even make the list, but the huge discounts its competitors are making are certainly depressing used LEAF prices.

When you can lease a new Spark EV in CA for ~ $75 a month for 39 months (after factoring in $2,500 state rebate) its easy to pass on buying any used BEV, at almost any price.

Top Battery Electric Car Deals This Month

2015 Chevrolet Spark EV

Best Deal: Lease for $139 for 39 months
Due at Signing: $0
Mileage: 10,000 miles/year
MSRP: $25,995
Expires: June 1, 2015
MPG (city/hwy/combined): 128/109/119

*Other Incentives: $7,500 Federal Tax Credit, $2,500 California Clean Air Rebate & HOV Lane Access

Although the Spark EV is only sold in California and Oregon to meet state emission mandates, it’s also the best deal on an EV. Thanks to a price cut and substantial discounts, you can lease one from $139 per month with zero due at signing. No, that’s not a typo...
http://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/best-green-car-deals#Top_Battery_Electric_Deals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

edatoakrun said:
See the list of Top Battery Electric Car Deals This Month below.

The New LEAF doesn't even make the list, but the huge discounts its competitors are making are certainly depressing used LEAF prices.

When you can lease a new Spark EV in CA for ~ $75 a month for 39 months (after factoring in $2,500 state rebate) its easy to pass on buying any used BEV, at almost any price.

Top Battery Electric Car Deals This Month

2015 Chevrolet Spark EV

Best Deal: Lease for $139 for 39 months
Due at Signing: $0
Mileage: 10,000 miles/year
MSRP: $25,995
Expires: June 1, 2015
MPG (city/hwy/combined): 128/109/119

*Other Incentives: $7,500 Federal Tax Credit, $2,500 California Clean Air Rebate & HOV Lane Access

Although the Spark EV is only sold in California and Oregon to meet state emission mandates, it’s also the best deal on an EV. Thanks to a price cut and substantial discounts, you can lease one from $139 per month with zero due at signing. No, that’s not a typo...
http://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/best-green-car-deals#Top_Battery_Electric_Deals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There's a dealer in IL with two used Spark EVs and wants over $20k for both of them. I was thinking "Hmmm... that's more than they are new." Otherwise I'd perhaps be interested in one.

Returning my 2011 SL With 11k miles in three weeks when lease ends. Residual is 15K, someone will get nice used leaf w no damage and curb rash on front ride rim only. Moving on to BMW i3. I am in Austin, Texas if anyone interested in it.

Ian B

Unless Nissan wakes up and substantially rebates the residual, they are going to be auctioning off a lot of cars at a big loss! $5,000 off the residual is not going to do it!

MrIanB said:
Returning my 2011 SL With 11k miles in three weeks when lease ends. Residual is 15K, someone will get nice used leaf w no damage and curb rash on front ride rim only.

I think that everyone is saying that they would react favorably to a proposal from Nissan to reduce the lease buyout to less than $9K for the 11 through 13 cars coming off lease now and in the future. Do I have this right?

MrIanB said:
Returning my 2011 SL With 11k miles in three weeks when lease ends. Residual is 15K, someone will get nice used leaf w no damage and curb rash on front ride rim only. Moving on to BMW i3. I am in Austin, Texas if anyone interested in it.

Ian B

And just 30 mins ago got call from dealer if I was going to keep, buy or trade. Informed return by June 8th. No second inspection due from the one I had done by Nissan last month.

Ian B

Leaf-wholesale-Manhiem-06-18-15.jpg

MrIanB said:

Ian B
you have 11,000 miles on your LEAF?

wow

Back