Which PG&E rate plan is best for EVSE charging ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekbaazigar

I am on the E1 plan (flat rate all time) and was researching to switch to a better plan but got confused between E-6+Smart and E-9A. Which one is better plan ? Any ideas ?

ekbaazigar said:
I am on the E1 plan (flat rate all time) and was researching to switch to a better plan but got confused between E-6+Smart and E-9A. Which one is better plan ? Any ideas ?
The short answer is, "It depends." The long answer is, have you read the many threads here on this subject? I've picked out a few of them for you:

Official California PG&E Thread
PG&E Rates w/ solar & ev
PG&E / CPUC - Non-Tiered Time Of Use Rates
PG&E EV Charging rates E-1 and E-9 - Not so simple
the fine points of analyzing PG&E E9A
E-1 vs E9a I'm so confused
Your decision to go E-9B (with PG&E)?

Ray

A lot of those old threads are outdated. Meanwhile, PG&E has changed the various rate plans. I understand there will no longer be any E-1 flat rate soon. Only time of use pricing plans going into the future.

DoxyLover said:
Phoenix said:
I understand there will no longer be any E-1 flat rate soon.
Reference? I have not heard this and a quick Google comes up with nothing.

There will soon be no E-9 rates, except for those grandfathered in. The E-9 rate will be replaced by a new EV rate, as soon as PG&E completes the necessary software programming. The E-9 rate will end for everyone by the end of 2014. E-1 is the default residential rate and isn't going to be eliminated. It isn't a flat rate, though. It has baselines and tiers. The new EV rate really will be flat within the TOU periods.

Back