What Kind of LEAF owner are you

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
- Owner
- Constant climate
- L2 charging network (parking garage in the next town)
- Commuters versus sporadic drivers (Both)
- low-mileage/long calendar life
- High-speed driving versus low-speed driving (Both)
- Save the planet versus peak oil/national sovereignty versus save money versus new technology (ALL of it)

Love the car, Love my Harley, Love my Electric Motorcycle and the 9 mpg RV!

A walking contradiction?

- Owner
- Constant climate (er, not sure here, live in Ohio with both hot and cold weather)
- L2 in garage and several locally, no L3 in State, L1 in unopened case
- Sporadic drivers
- Low-mileage
- Low-speed driving, with about 25% on Interstate at 65mph
- Save money

RegGuheert said:
- Owners versus lessees
- Hot climate versus cold climate versus constant climate
- Those with access to a quick-charge network versus L2 only versus no charging network
- Commuters versus sporadic drivers
- High-mileage versus low-mileage/long calendar life
- High-speed driving versus low-speed driving
- Save the planet versus peak oil/national sovereignty versus save money versus new technology

Constant Climate (Los Angeles)
No Charging Network -- 110 NEMA only
Commuter
Low Mileage
Low Speed (surface street, stop and go traffic)
New Tech, Peak Oil/National Sovereignty

My reason for buying a Leaf is kind of lofty idealism at work. I wanted to engage in the support of the technology, because the United States needs to become independent of the future crude oil shortage and, I believe, ensuing power struggle. If we are "off oil", so-to-speak, we will have the means to negotiate our own path in the situation.

Also, there are technologies on the horizon, such as cold fusion, which have the potential of providing all of the power we require without oil or natural gas usage -- in order for us to capitalize on that technology we will need to have the infrastructure in place for our "national fleet".

Finally... it's just cool.

OrientExpress said:
RegGuheert made a very interesting observation describing the demographic classes for the typical LEAF owner.

I'm a constant climate,with access to a quick-charge network, Commuter, with High-mileage, High-speed driving, save money,Lease type.

I guess I'd be a constant climate (really it's 10-100 degrees so far less constant than most but neither Phoenix hot nor Minneapolis cold, and there's no suggested 4-season option for us here in flyover country), L2 only, commuter, low mileage, low speed, new technology lease type.

Low mileage, leased. Love the new technology. Can't wait for EV to gain more range. I have an L2 in the garage, set to 80%. Hot climate, but not like AZ! Love driving past gas stations, and last month the Leaf cost me aprox $25 to go a little over 1000 miles.

- Owner (out of pocket after all fed and state rebates and $9K trade was only $17K; plan to keep it a looong time)
- Four seasons with not too many extremes, at least since this past December; no battery degradation
- L2 in my garage but more QC's popping up all the time
- Commuter weekdays; full charge use on the weekends
- Low-mileage (7.4K after 10 months)
- Mix of high and low speeds (it's the 'burbs after all)
- Save the planet versus peak oil/national sovereignty versus save money versus new technology -- ALL (this car simply does it all)

Would love to add another plug-in to take advantage of my own 'infrastructure' in my garage so looking at the C-Max Energi to replace my ICE VW Routan; the Volt is nice but only carries 4 and limited cargo space.

- Lessee
- Climate - 4 seasons with no extremes
- L2 only at home @80%
- Commuter
- Low-mileage
- Low-speed driving (changed commute route after getting the Leaf)
- Save the planet and new technology

Owner
Four season climate (15 - 104F, short winter, longer summer).
L2 only, no QC in the state, primarily use my home L2, but have access at a few locations (only one in my town, and it is two miles from my house).
Commuter.
Moderate mileage (920-940 per month)
Mixed driving speeds - I no longer push the speed limit, though!
all those reasons sound good - now that I have it, I love the quiet and the smoothness of the ride. And how fun it is to drive.

Owner
Constant Climate
L2 at home and work
Commuter
~High mileage (15k annually)
High Speed
HOV access, reduce dependence on oil

Biggest surprise - very low cost of operations

I'm a Leasor (2 years),
in a somewhat constant climate (Pacific NW),
with L1 charging only, but L2 will be installed next week.
I'm a commuter (40-ish miles per day),
who goes for high mileage AND long life (my last car was a 2000 model yr with 220k miles, and it is still running strong)
I prefer high speed driving,
and I am more motivated by, 'save the planet' & new technology arguments (is anyone really saving substantial money over a gas-powered economy car?).

Owner
Two season climate(no Spring/Fall)
L2 Only, Not a single QC in Colorado
32mi Interstate Commuter
High-Mileage
High(er) speed driving
Save the Planet/New Technology

I own my Leaf; charge only at home (L2 on a G. E. Wattstation), sporadic driving (20 miles is my longest round trip), low mileage for sure, low speed (average speed to date is 18.5 mph), bought to both save the planet and more important; stick it to our enemies in OPEC. Virginia is hot in summer, usually mild winters but we've had some really cold ones too. (I really wonder what next summer will bring as to battery degradation....)

I live in Bradenton Fl. A subtropical climate. The Saturn I replaced was getting about 1300 mile per month use. This is my first lease and my first new car since my 1980 Ford Fiesta. So far we are loving it. Using the 110v charger. What is "range anxiety".
Dana

- Owners versus lessees
- Hot climate versus cold climate versus constant climate
- Those with access to a quick-charge network versus L2 only versus no charging network
- Commuters versus sporadic drivers
- High-mileage versus low-mileage/long calendar life
- High-speed driving versus low-speed driving
- Save the planet versus peak oil/national sovereignty versus save money versus new technology

Leased - 39 months.
Seattle's climate. Most of the stereotypes are true. Cool grey wet.
L1 charger 90% of the time so far
Commuter and Part-time pizza delivery
39 months - allowed 15k per year - about 40 miles per day avg.
ECO around town.
Saving on fuel costs. Technology. Hopefully will see improvements 38 months!

Owner.
Hot in the summer. Cold in the winter. Amazing isn't it?
QC Network available to the south at fringes of my range (I suppose where I need it) L2 Network is ubiqutious. Charge at home 87% of the time.
Commuter 13,500 miles per year
According to the dash my average speed is 27.1. I do 65 on the interstate , but not as part of my commute.
Bought the LEAF to save money and because its technically cool. I've backed into national sovereignty.

SeattleBlue said:
Commuter and Part-time pizza delivery

Always wondered if the LEAF is suitable to pizza delivery or not. Do you need to charge during your shift or is a full charge enough for an evening worth of delivery? Ever run out of charge before the end of your shift?

- Owner
- Definintely Hot Climate (Texas!)
- QC access and use it all the time (16 available and 3 more on the way that I know of), decent amount of L2 about
- Commuter (55 miles plus extra errands)
- Super High Mileage (20,000+ during first year)
- High speed driving: its Texas, it's spread out with lots of highways (and you need highway speeds to get anywhere in a decent time)
- Hmmm...I am going to go with three (in order of importance): New Technology, Save the Planet (close second), and save money. Yes, I do save money, but that's because I usually put 1600-1700 miles per month on the car. I save about $200-$250 per month on fuel alone. If you factor in what i was paying on my previous car, I am still netting $50-$100 per month, possibly more (I short changed the fuel a bit). If you factor in what I would pay on a car with this amenities, etc. the net is probably greater.

Owner

- Hot climate and cold climate (Middle Tennessee, heater required in winter & AC required in summer)

- L2 (blink) at home and TN interstates lined with (80% of the time operationa)l Blink L3s & 2 other brand L3s (that are always running).

- I drive about 40 miles/day dropping kids off at school, going to work, home for lunch, picking kids up, running errands and going back home.

- I'm going to be a high mileage driver. I parked my ice car to hold for my daughter when she turns 16 & plan to only drive the LEAF. With the L3 network on the interstates I can travel about anywhere in state I want (and plan to).

- Speed limits in town, If trying to figure out a good interstate speed. I start at 60 and seem to slow to 55.

- I'm not a "Tree hugger", but I like trees & don't care to huff tailpipe fumes, I think getting off oil in a great idea, I was going to buy a new car anyway so saving on fuel is a plus, and finally I'm love the tech stuff & had planned to convert an ice to EV but buying a LEAF is a lot easier and more luxurious.

Leased (39 months).
Radically varying climate (Michigan).
Level 2 at home, Level 1 at work.
Commuter (60 miles per day).
I normally drive high-mileage cars since I'm not rich, this is the first time financed a car.
I normally drive 45-60MPH, but prefer highways whenever possible.
I'm a spirited driver.
I'm motivated by:
-An interventionist foreign policy / oil wars / terrorism / etc... (my addiction to oil ultimately fuels these)
-Peak oil / SHTF resistance.
-Awesomeness of technology.
-Savings (was paying $350-$400/mo for my gas car *just for gas*).
-I'm actually not eco-motivated at all. My gas car has a V8 and gets 17MPG.

Back