We're invited to a San Jose Prius Party

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planet4ever

I expect a large fraction of us who live in or near San Jose, CA are familiar with "Mr. Roadshow" of the Mercury News. If so, you are likely to know he is a Prius owner and fuel efficiency advocate. You may well also have heard that he is sponsoring a Prius HOV lane sticker party at the end of the month. I sent him an email asking if he would welcome people wanting to show off and discuss their LEAF. Here is the response I got from him today:
Yes, Ray, I would love for you and anyone you wish to invite to join us. I am sending this out to numerous readers:

Hi. I am holding a Prius Party on Sunday, June 26, at the Mercury News parking lot at 1 p.m. for anyone who wants to collect and remove our carpool stickers. Mrs. Roadshow will bake biscotti, the Bay Area Air District will be here to assist those wanting to find a carpool, owners of the Nissan Leaf may attend and the owner of a Sunnyvale auto body shop will offer advice on how best to remove those stickers. You will need to bring your own materials for the removal of the stickers. We will provide electrical outlets for those needing it.

Hope to see you in a a few more days.
Gary Richards
San Jose Mercury News
Roadshow line: (408) 920-5335
I plan to be there, and I'm guessing a number of the rest of you might, also. Phil, I didn't say anything about plug-in Prius, but I'll bet you would be a real hit if you could make it!

Ray

Hi Ray,

I'm guessing that was your message in today's Mr. Roadshow column. I'll try and make the get together next Sunday if I can. It could be interesting. I traded my Civic and it's yellow stickers for my LEAF.

I'd love to be there, but can't make it. I admire Mr. Rooadshow for his understanding of the issues and particularly working with the public and Caltrans to get traffic and road issues fixed for all of us.

A great opportunity to swap stories with Prius drivers, learn from them and get more vehicles on the road that depend less on foreign oil while keeping our air cleaner! It can also be a good time to learn from other drivers what incentives and factors can help to accelerate the adoption of cleaner vehicle technologies, including Electric Cars, like the LEAF, Plug In Hybrids and other clean fuels.

I'm sure we'll get some excellent post party reports! I'll be watching for them and reading them!

gascant and I are definitely planning to be there, and I hope you can make it too, Cinnabar. Others would also be welcome. Mr Roadshow is setting up a place for us to park at the front for exhibit. We will be joined by a Tesla and a Honda CNG, maybe a Volt and a Prius plug-in.

[I've never been up close and personal with a Tesla. That alone would make it worth attending.]

Anyone going who wants to exhibit their LEAF should arrive there around 12:45.

Ray

Thanks, guys. I was too busy answering questions to get an exact count, but it looked like we had about half a dozen LEAFs there, totally surrounding the one Tesla, one plug-in Prius, and one Honda CNG car. Gascant managed to get the best parking space, partially shaded and closest to the event table, and probably got the most questions because of it. He also had the foresight to bring along his Ingineer EVSE upgrade with all his adapters, which interested many people.

I spoke to Gary Richards at the end, and he was delighted with our turnout. Altogether I'd have to call it a very successful event.

Ray

Back