Washington State Alternative Charging Locations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveL

Now that summer is here and charging locations are few and far between, especially away from the Seattle & Tri-Cities areas, we're going to have to be creative to get our Leafs to get out and enjoy the natural beauties of Washington State.

So I've created this topic and will share campground, restaurants, stores and anywhere else where EV's are allowed to charge up. I encourage others in the state to do the same. To keep this from becoming a 50+ page thread, I'm thinking that we should keep posts on this thread limited to just Washington.

Please make sure that you have received permission to not only charge up your Leaf, but also that the owner of the facility approves spreading the word.

Thanks!
Dave

ENUMCLAW

There is a small campground at the Enumclaw Expo Center (old King County Fair Grounds) which has approved use of available campsite as a charging location for EVs.

They have 50 amp 220 outlets as well as 30 & 20 amp 120V outlets at each site.

Please contact Kristen Damazio at 360-615-5631 or via email at [email protected] before heading out to make sure that there will be space available when you arrive.

Yesterday I charge up to 100% at the Expo center and drove up to Chinook Pass. Had 2 bars showing at the top of the pass so trips to Crystal Mountain shouldn't be a problem. Not sure I'd risk a trip up to Sunrise though!

They have not set a price for charging yet, but I put a couple of bucks in the campground pay envelope to more than cover the cost of a 3 hour 220V charge.

Enjoy!

SOUTH PUGET SOUND (SHELTON AREA)
Taylor Shellfish has an Eaton L2 EVSE available at the retail store south of Shelton in US 101. No cost to charge and a good stopping point if you are coming around the bottom of Puget Sound on the way to Hood Canal. The location is available on Recargo and Plugshare if you need more details. I am not aware of any other L2 units available for public use in the South Sound.

It is a single vehicle unit. I don't mind sharing but it is often busy weekdays until about 2PM. Other than that, it is available for you to use while at the store.

We have looked into placing units at our Bow store on Chuckanut Drive near Bellingham. The investment is substantial and I'd like to get feedback on how many of you would use it.

TaylorSFGuy said:
[The investment is substantial and I'd like to get feedback on how many of you would use it.
You could put in a couple weather proof outlets for a small fraction of the cost of a L2 EVSE. I suspect, like me, most folks for the next year or so who dare to drive away from the city will have Ingineer's L2 upgrade to the Nissan EVSE that comes with the car. (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3981)

I installed a L6-20 (220V) outlet in a weatherproof outlet cover at my cabin for less than $30 and use it for a full L2 charge. You might just put in a L6-20 and a L5-20 (standard 20 amp outlet) and that should take care of most folks needs.

Back