VIN Last 4

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countryleaf

Hello again. As you can tell, I am new to Leaf's and this forum.

My question is: What is the significance of the last four digits of the VIN? Mine is 9709, does that mean that it is the 9,709th Leaf built?

Thanks,
David

countryleaf said:
My question is: What is the significance of the last four digits of the VIN? Mine is 9709, does that mean that it is the 9,709th Leaf built?

Thanks,
David

Roughly speaking, it is the 9709th car built to US specs. This number includes cars built for testing and internal use as well as cars shipped to customers. It does not include cars built for other markets (Japan, UK, Portugal...etc). The cars are not even necessarily built in numerical order, but are built close to this order. So the answer it yes, but not exactly.

Weatherman said:
countryleaf said:
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like they will be at the !0,000 car mark very soon!!

Already passed it.

The 2012s started with VINs in the 15000s and are well into the 16000s by now.

Yeah, I think this forum needs to ask for the last FIVE digits of the VIN now, not 4! By entering mine as "6138" it is overstating the vintage of my as yet undelivered (but hopefully soon!) LEAF.

Weatherman said:
countryleaf said:
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like they will be at the !0,000 car mark very soon!!

Already passed it.

The 2012s started with VINs in the 15000s and are well into the 16000s by now.

interesting....do you have a BT just before the VIN sequence number or CT?

Vin Example above (CT0nnnnn):
The C is model year 2012.
The B digit is used for the 2011 LEAFs.

The T is the factory where the car was made.

The last SIX digits are the "Serial Number", which is unique to one car. Production order and number actually manufactured are not precisely correlated with this production-defined VIN SN.

Back