Vehicle phonebook empty after download?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razorbil

I have a '13 Leaf, SL. I have an HTC Inspire 4G smartphone. The phone IS paired with the car. I can make and receive calls via the Bluetooth, hands-free method. I can Bluetooth music from my phone to the radio. The status (reception, battery, Bluetooth) is displayed on the Nav screen.

What I cannot do:

I cannot seem to get the contacts from my phone handset to display in the vehicle phone book after a successful download. I have taken the steps to download the contacts (menu, phone, add to vehicle phone book, select all, etc). I get a download display. It progresses. It tells me that 552 numbers have been downloaded; 448 (out of 1,000) slots still available. I click "OK". I then open the vehicle phone and it is blank. There is not a single entry. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for any help.

I recall there is a separate handset phonebook that contains the downloads from the phone. The vehicle phonebook is for manual entries. I just tried this last week after upgrading my Galaxy S2 from Ice Cream Sandwich to Jellybean. With ICS it would constantly connect and disconnect. With Jellybean there is no such problem.

kovalb said:
I recall there is a separate handset phonebook that contains the downloads from the phone. The vehicle phonebook is for manual entries. I just tried this last week after upgrading my Galaxy S2 from Ice Cream Sandwich to Jellybean. With ICS it would constantly connect and disconnect. With Jellybean there is no such problem.

I am not exactly sure how this helps??? I am almost certain there is not a separate handset phone book (handset being the actual phone and not the vehicle). I am also not having connectivity issues. I would like to know if there is a separate storage spot on the vehicle system somewhere where it is storing my downloads. Maybe I am not accessing it correctly.

Razorbil said:
kovalb said:

I am not exactly sure how this helps??? I am almost certain there is not a separate handset phone book (handset being the actual phone and not the vehicle). I am also not having connectivity issues. I would like to know if there is a separate storage spot on the vehicle system somewhere where it is storing my downloads. Maybe I am not accessing it correctly.

Actually there are two separate phonebooks. One is the handset and one is the vehicle. The handset phonebook will show all the downloads from your phone, but to use voice command to dial by name, you will need to add the desired entries to the vehicle phonebook. If you go into the vehicle phonebook and choose "add" it will give you the option of where to get the number from.

You can access the Phone screen by either pressing the Phone button on the steering wheel that looks like a handset, or by pressing MENU --> PHONE in the center display. You will not see the Phone screen if you are just using voice recognition. I hope this helps.

kovalb said:
You can access the Phone screen by either pressing the Phone button on the steering wheel that looks like a handset, or by pressing MENU --> PHONE in the center display. You will not see the Phone screen if you are just using voice recognition. I hope this helps.
thank you. I am not having issues accessing the vehicle phonebook. I can access the vehicle phone book, but when I do, there are no entries listed after a successful download.

As noted by others above, there are two types of phone books, the vehicle phone book and the handset phone book. When you download from your blue tooth connected phone, that download goes to the handset phone book only. There is no capability to download to the vehicle phone book - entries there must be made by hand using the touch screen. Also be aware that the handset phone book is grayed out and can not be accessed when you are driving. This is how it works on a 2012, assuming 2011 and 2013 are the same. The manual is a good reference on this.

charlie1300 said:
As noted by others above, there are two types of phone books, the vehicle phone book and the handset phone book. When you download from your blue tooth connected phone, that download goes to the handset phone book only. There is no capability to download to the vehicle phone book - entries there must be made by hand using the touch screen. Also be aware that the handset phone book is grayed out and can not be accessed when you are driving. This is how it works on a 2012, assuming 2011 and 2013 are the same. The manual is a good reference on this.

It appears that I have been misunderstanding the relationship of the phone books. I was under the impression that the handset phone book (the numbers displayed) was referring to my handset (cell phone) and the vehicle was on the vehicle.

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but I think it's somewhat related. I have downloaded my contacts from my phone into the "handset phonebook", and I have also added a few entries by hand into the "vehicle phonebook". One of the entries in my "vehicle phonebook" is "HOME".

When I press the "Phone" icon on my steering wheel and then say "call home", it lists 5 entries from my "handset phonebook" to choose from, none of which are my "HOME" entry from my "vehicle phonebook".

I am a native English speaker, and I don't think that "call home" is excessively difficult to understand.... :)

Anyway, if you have any ideas, I'd appreciate it. (Or if I've posted to the wrong thread, I'm open to correction....)

THANKS!

Back