Vacaville L3 Chargepoint

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ulric sent me the same e-mail today... I have asked that we be given the contact information of the City of Vacaville employee in charge, so we can follow up. "In the next few months" isn't exactly a hard deadline, and considering it has taken several years for PG&E to act on this. That said, it will be a big day when we finally get this QC working, so we should throw a Leaf party when it does.

Best,
Josh

Assuming a new UL-listed DC QC is installed, it doesn't mean it will be open to the public. PG&E can't operate it and Vacaville doesn't want the costs of maintenance or electric and demand charges.

I've spent enough time in Nissan dealerships in the area (Davis, Sacramento, Roseville), that I would suggest that they pool their LEAF advertising dollars together to adopt the Vacaville UL-listed charger. I would certainly also donate to Adopt-A-Charger based upon my anticipated usage of this critical QC. Please visit adoptacharger.org.

Phoenix said:
Assuming a new UL-listed DC QC is installed, it doesn't mean it will be open to the public. PG&E can't operate it and Vacaville doesn't want the costs of maintenance or electric and demand charges.

I've spent enough time in Nissan dealerships in the area (Davis, Sacramento, Roseville), that I would suggest that they pool their LEAF advertising dollars together to adopt the Vacaville UL-listed charger. I would certainly also donate to Adopt-A-Charger based upon my anticipated usage of this critical QC. Please visit adoptacharger.org.

We are working with several locations along this Sacramento to Bay area route for DC and nee 20kW J1772 (Tesla).

Quick Charge Power
All donations are tax deductible

Hey, all, this message just came through the GSEAA mailing list. Sounds like good news!

Hello ...... I received your email below and the voicemail from this AM. The city is working with Mitsubishi Motors which has offered to provide for free a UL approved Fast Charger at the Sonic Park and Ride lot.

The players in this project are working to get the appropriate permits for the installation. I would expect that by the end of the year the City will have this newly provided Fast Charger in operation.

Thank you for your interest in this particular project. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact me by email or phone. Thanks again.

I hope they're not getting Mitsu's O.C. QC. Rumors are that Mitsubishi will ax the iMiev ... which would make their O.C. corporate QC serve much less purpose.

Back