Used parts

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrier

Has anyone found a source for used parts for the Leaf? I need a new rear suspension beam, which is around $800, and I am certain there are wrecked Leafs with that part.

So I found a used rear suspension beam, and frustratingly, it arrived with more than its fair share of rust. I'm $400 in, so I have to figure out whether to get it blasted and coated, or whether to write it off and buy a new one.

The crux of the issue is that there does not seem to be a part number for the mounting bushing. Anybody know if there is a source?

Hmm...I guess they supposedly must to be good for the life of the vehicle. Are the ones in the used arm no good?

I wouldn't spend the money to blast something like that, unless you've got your own equipment. I would just get on it with a grinder and/or wire brush, and then cheap rattle can paint. I like these polycarbonate wheels from HF for getting at old paint and rust on just about any hard material, but especially metals:

http://t.harborfreight.com/4-12-in-polycarbide-abrasive-wheel-60571.html?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

One of the reasons I like to get my used parts from So Cal yards is that we generally don't have a lot of that weird browny orange stuff folks from other parts of the world call "rust".

Thanks for the advice! I removed the rust, repainted with Chassis Black, and I am installing. More work than I wanted, but c'est la vie.

Repainted it myself, installed this weekend. Trivially easy (though I stripped one of the flare nuts for the brake line.

Now the issue is that the nuts for the suspension bushing attachment bolts are no longer available from Nissan. Any ideas on a source?

Any good fascner store will have the materials you need, or a autoshop can order them in, bring the dead one with you as a referance and tell them what it is for.

I thought car manufacturers legally MUST stock repair parts for at least 5 years? What is so special about these nuts? Are they that different than newer Leafs?

Back