USB vs Bluetooth audio

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DoxyLover said:
tps said:
My 32GB USB flash drive stopped working today. I listened to music from it as I drove to work this morning. I unplugged it from the LEAF when I got to work. During lunch, I plugged it into my laptop to copy a few new tracks to it, but the laptop did not recognize it. When I plugged it back into the LEAF, it did not recognize it, either. Strange that it just died with no apparent cause.
I would suspect a poor solder joint in the drive which broke when you unplugged it from the Leaf. Unfortunately, probably nothing you can do. Sucks!
Could be. The USB jack in my LEAF is the tightest fit I've ever seen. This particular USB flash drive has been plugged into into 2 other LEAFs: the stationary demo LEAF at a Drive Electric event and the Hertz NYC rental LEAF. No problems with either of those. But I had to apply quite a bit of force to get it into the jack on my LEAF, and it took quite a bit to extract it from the jack i my LEAF. Maybe I need to cycle a USB plug in the jack a few times to see if it loosens up...

I had a problem with the Bluetooth music from my droid this morning. The LEAF's screen kept saying "Media audio is not connected. Please reconnect the media audio." I tried shutting off the LEAF and restarting, shutting off the phone and rebooting, nothing helped. The Bluetooth settings on the phone said media audio and phone was active, but I disconnected and repaired from the phone's Bluetooth screen. That worked! So I'm guessing the phone had gotten itself into a funky state somehow.

Does anyone know how to listen to music on my iphone through the USB while bluetooth is connected? It seems that as soon as I activate BT I cannot listen through the USB, which to me sounds much better than through BT. Your assistance is very much appreciated!!

James

I had the same problem. Don't plug your iPhone in until after the car has synched via Bluetooth. That way you can use the hands-free for phone, but keep iPod functionality (skip songs, shuffle, etc) on the console screen.
On the other hand, if I'm running errands around, I prefer playing music via Bluetooth because it pauses when I stop, and resumes right where I left off when I start the car back up.

I decided to go the bluetooth only route but want to charge my iPhone in the car without any conflicts...

So, I got a cable like this...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001QZPO5Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

that can be switched to "charge only". The car doesn't see the iPhone as an iPod type device so no issues with whether it is playing over bluetooth or USB. I love the "auto resume" when using bluetooth, where I just get in the car and my iPhone picks up playing where it left off.

you can utilize Bluetooth for an iPod or iPhone in the Leaf and charge at the same time via a cigarette lighter charger from Apple.

Back