2016 audio wiring schmetic

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saipan68

hi leaf'rs,
wondering if any one knows of the 'audio wiring schematic' for the leafs (2016). the problem is my audio usb port (the one on the console to the left below the usb charge port is failed.' when inserting a msd card with aud files.... nothing. if you use the touch screen touching the 'usb icon,' 'leaf audio display screen posts ' no usb detected.' so i was able to pop the console up, and detach the 'usb module,' it's connected (powered via a 'male mini usb cable' (standard 5 pin connectivity.') tracing down to somewhere in the wiriing harness. so, i connected my own personal 'mini usb' cable to my home pc to test if the 'micro usb module was failed, but it powered up and played the music on my musb reader in the module. so if i wanna use my 'usb audio, then i need to replace that mini usb cable. (see pics)
1. does anyone know where that 'mini usb' is tracing out to?
any feedback is appreciated

Attachments

• nissan 2016 module mini usb1.jpg
    nissan 2016 module mini usb1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 2
  • nissan 2016 module mini usb2.jpg
    nissan 2016 module mini usb2.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 1
The 2016 head unit was upgraded from the previous models. The closest thing on nicoclub is the 2016 Maxima. It has similar pinouts. BTW, if you are replacing the connecting mini USB cable or ports use the OEM ones for the LEAF. I fried a head unit USB function by using a different mini USB Nissan port from a different model.

The 2016 head unit was upgraded from the previous models. The closest thing on nicoclub is the 2016 Maxima. It has similar pinouts. BTW, if you are replacing the connecting mini USB cable or ports use the OEM ones for the LEAF. I fried a head unit USB function by using a different mini USB Nissan port from a different model.
hi, and t.y. for the resp. so, it seems, you've had a issue with yours. if you know, all i'm interested in is replacing that male mini usb cable. (the male mini usb cable as you know connects to the female input on the module.)
question:
1.do you know where the cable from the module (that male mini usb) leads to?
2. perhaps up to the 'as you say.... 'head unit.' (im assuming that means the 'amp,/controller') and im assuming it's behind the touch pad up above? (perhaps that's it's power source and terminating point?)
appreciate if you know preventing me from going in wrong directions.
thank you,
saipan68

hi, and t.y. for the resp. so, it seems, you've had a issue with yours. if you know, all i'm interested in is replacing that male mini usb cable. (the male mini usb cable as you know connects to the female input on the module.)
question:
1.do you know where the cable from the module (that male mini usb) leads to?
2. perhaps up to the 'as you say.... 'head unit.' (im assuming that means the 'amp,/controller') and im assuming it's behind the touch pad up above? (perhaps that's it's power source and terminating point?)
appreciate if you know preventing me from going in wrong directions.
thank you,
saipan68
Yes, the black mini usb goes from the lower console directly into the back of the head unit, by which I mean the radio with the touchpad on front. If you remove the head unit, on the back you will see both a black and brown mini usb. The black one is the lower console wire. I’ve had the cable work loose from the back of the head unit before and that can cause the issue your seeing,

Back