Bluetooth audio problem 2022 LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tps

I am trying to pair a Bluetooth audio transmitter with the LEAF so I have a 3.5mm auxiliary input which I can use to feed audio from my ham radio and scanner into the car speakers. I have a Sennheiser BT T100 Bluetooth audio transmitter which I have paired with the car in the Connections menu. The Connections menu says the BT T100 is connected and ready for use. However, when Bluetooth is selected as the audio source, the LEAF says "No Bluetooth device connected". Furthermore, if I send audio to the 3.5mm jack on the BT T100, it does not play on the LEAF. If I press "Connections", the BT T100 shows as still connected on the connections page.

I thought this was going to be simple, but I thought wrong. Has anyone else successfully used a Bluetooth audio transmitter with their LEAF? If so what LEAF model year and what transmitter make and model?

Reading about your issue, I feel like this may be some type of bug in the Leaf's audio system firmware, software, or something. A few months ago, while I was out and trying to adjust the Bluetooth settings on my 2018 Leaf because it was giving me problems, I noticed that it had a paired connection with "Jennifer's iphone". That paired connection wasn't there the day before when I was initially looking through the Bluetooth settings in my garage, I didn't loan the car to anyone, and there is no Jennifer or iphone Users in my home. So, I expected that it was someone outside that day while I was driving that was attempting to pair with my car; maybe some car drove next to me and had passengers that were bored and up to something. But, I never heard any audio from external sources in my car. My guess is that they managed to somewhat get a paired connection that wasn't 100%, so the Leaf listed the connection, but would not allow audio or control interface. Maybe the same thing is happening to you.

Back