Two phones, one Leaf. Is there a conflict?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeyBob

My wife and I have (or soon will have) only one car, the Leaf.

Can we both have Carwings on our phones (Android) set up for our leaf? Ideally, we both could control the car from our phones depending on who has the Leaf. If there is a conflict, ideally Carwings would allow only one user to be logged in at any time. Is it a pain?

I am not sure if this is similar to the VIN Conflict questions posted here: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any insight would be helpful.

Well, the app doesn't really "control" that much...

But there is no issue with using it on multiple phones... you can also log into the CARWINGS web site in parallel. No issues.

And after doing a status update on one device (be it web, phone, other phone, or tablet), when you later login using a different device, the "most-recent" update status displayed is the chronologically one most recently performed, possibly on one of the other devices.

(Hope that description isn't too confusing.)

On a different phone aspect, Bluetooth, one thing that bugs me is that if you have two (or more) phones, both paired with the car via BT, the car on boot up will only try to connect with the phone most recently connected to. It won't go thru the list. Then, you have to navigate the menus to find the phone you want to pair.

A minor thing, but kinda dumb.

That's been my pet peeve from the beginning, with 2 or more of us using the car. The app behaves like a total moron idiot.

When another phone is present (other than the last one connected) it goes through "not connected" or whatever routine before kindly letting you switch to another phone through puching a whole bunch of buttons. Curiously, if you delete a phone from the list it leaves an empty space in the listing.

I basically gave up and since my rides are short, I just leave it at her phone and have to deal with making handheld phone calls, Nissan, while looking over my shoulder for a next cop to give ma ticket.

NOT NICE, NISSAN. FIX IT!

...so that all the phones are connected when present, and if one receives a call the other ones can't, and revert to operating independently of the car's blutooth.

Now how's that for an elegant solution...

I can't get even one phone loaded. I get to the final step on the android, where it prompts Scan for Device, and tap it and nothing happens. WTH?

DesertDenizen said:
I can't get even one phone loaded. I get to the final step on the android, where it prompts Scan for Device, and tap it and nothing happens. WTH?

Is the 'make device discoverable' active while you're trying to pair? I know it sounds rudimentary but I didn't know that and my wife had to set up my phone.

Yes, I'm in pc/server/db tech support and I don't have a clue about phones.

ILETRIC said:
...so that all the phones are connected when present, and if one receives a call the other ones can't, and revert to operating independently of the car's blutooth.

Now how's that for an elegant solution...

This is exactly how my $70 cordless Bluetooth compatible home phone works. When one of the two phones we have defined to it comes within range, it automatically connects. If either one receives a call, it simply rings. When we want to make an outgoing call, it prompts for which phone to use (I do wish it were smart enough to skip the prompt though when only one phone is connected). I don't understand why a $37K car can't handle that. I suppose that it's partly due to the fact that in the car Bluetooth is also used for audio and having multiple audio devices connected at once would be awkward.

My current problem, though, is that my wife's iPhone nicely connects automatically when it was the last phone connected, or if it wasn't, then it connects when I use the menus to connect it. My Android phone, however requires me to re-pair with the device. I'm not sure if the problem is on the LEAF side or the phone side though. What a pain!

Back