Time for new tires

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luft

My tires are beginning to look worn and I'm thinking that come this spring I'll be in the market for a new set.

Is there a consensus about which brand and model of tires make a good replacement? :?:

Certainly no consensus.
I will probably go with the recommendation of the person that has driven a LEAF further than anyone else and replace with Ecopias.

TaylorSFGuy said:
I replaced the original tires at 93K miles with Michelin MXM4. I drove with them for 500 miles and exchanged them for the Ecopia tires under the Costco Customer Satisfaction Program.

As soon as I put the Michelins on, I could feel the car trying to overcome the tires.

My experience with both: Same route - 49.4 miles. With Michelins I started with 182 GIDS. At the end, I had 13. With the new Ecopias I started with 183 GIDS and ended with 30. Similar driving conditions for both with less truck following on the Ecopia tires.

Pressures up at 40 on both types.
See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=14580&p=332274&hilit=+tires#p332274" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Eleven pages of discussion there, and there are multiple other tire threads.

I wouldn't rule out getting Ecopias as replacements.
There have been people reporting that replacement Ecopias seem to be better than the OEMs.

Are you looking for higher quality tires or more inexpensive ones? If the latter, I'm doing fine with Goodyear Eagle L/S tires. They aren't as "squishy" as the Ecopias and get very close to the same energy economy. They are also US-made.

Back