Think City EV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, had to look through in the way back machine to see the last thread on this now out-of-production in the US EV ...

On the way in to work today, on Rt. 83 in Buffalo Grove, IL saw a matte black finish Th!nk City EV (yes, they put an ! instead of using an I)

The driver was going pretty fast but it appeared that it sported IL EV plate number '764 or 794 EL' -- in case everyone has forgotten what this car looked liked I've included a photo below (represents the car I saw, not the actual one). These are REALLY small but still about 1 1/2 feet longer than a typical smart car. It seems like at least a few have survived ... this car model actually appeared in Lilyhammer, a Norwegian-American TV series that was on Netflix.

Th!nk_city.jpg

redLEAF said:
Wow, had to look through in the way back machine to see the last thread on this now out-of-production in the US EV ...

On the way in to work today, on Rt. 83 in Buffalo Grove, IL saw a matte black finish Th!nk City EV (yes, they put an ! instead of using an I)

The driver was going pretty fast but it appeared that it sported IL EV plate number '764 or 794 EL' -- in case everyone has forgotten what this car looked liked I've included a photo below (represents the car I saw, not the actual one). These are REALLY small but still about 1 1/2 feet longer than a typical smart car. It seems like at least a few have survived ... this car model actually appeared in Lilyhammer, a Norwegian-American TV series that was on Netflix.
I drove a pre-production version for a week in the Bay Area back in '97 or '98; it was sort of an extended test drive program, although it cost something like $100. For a city car, I thought then and still think that the Lexan body was a great idea, ideal to suffer the slings and arrows of supermarket carts, careless door openings etc. The car itself needed a lot of improvement. I posted my review of it up one page.

There is a blue one in our area and, yes, it's freeway-capable. I've talked to the owner several times, and he's still happy with it. It's a "bit" more cramped than the Leaf, so not for me.

Back