The September 8th - Ordering now open - Check your dashboard

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kataphn said:
Kat, I told you that very same thing a long time ago. Didn't you believe me? Many reliable sources gave me the same info.

Yes, I believed you....just wanted to see what sort of consistency of answers were being provided by Nissan. Also many folks seem to believe that their order timing effects their delivery date. It appears it does not! :eek: However, I still feel that divining what is in the mind of Nissan is like reading tea leaves since we never got a FAQ list on this whole process from them!

True! I asked today what time the emails would go out, and the Sup said not until afternoon, but once again, the dashboards open up way before the email.

daniel said:
As of 11:30 a.m. PDT my dashboard is not yet open. I'm actually hoping it does NOT open today, because I really need to reconsider if I want this car. Once the electric Porsche is finished, the Leaf will go a little farther, and will have much more room and a few slick features, but do I really need both EVs? I would have said I WANT the Leaf, whether I really need it or not. But my opinion of Nissan has deteriorated to the point that I am no longer certain.

Pondering...

Hopefully it opens up for you! While I understand that the ordering hasn't gone perfectly.. and the whole AV thing is really annoying I think we are starting a revolution here. Well ok... we aren't starting it here, but kicking it in to the next gear. The good news is that it looks like there will be a number of EVSE options coming out and the prices will be more reasonable. Any we can get it installed for a much better price than what AV was quoting us.

Well I know for me the LEAF seems like a great fit. Can't wait to starting driving on just electrons!

-Peter

Nothing for me...oh well.

I'm not mad at Nissan...I understand this is all new and hard. And I appreciate that they are coming hard to the EV market.

That said...

I do think Nissan should have given us an actual number. "You are number 37." Would have been easy. Make a long complex number for ordering and to confirm who you are so nobody could try and steal your place. But that would be a secondary number.

"Thanks for your pre-order. You are number 37. You need to use this secondary number, P3swooyt8, when it is time to finalize your LEAF purchase. Congratulations. Nissan."

I dislike having to check the system a few times a day...or worry that I might be misplaced. And to rectify that is actually a small thing...a number or date...easy.

Gavin

:D

12:36pm-received the email "You can now request a quote!" Yeah!

I reserved on 4/20, but I don't remember the time of day. September was my order month.

Just waiting now for the dealer to quote my Leaf price.

Be patient everyone. Looks like maybe they are sprinkling the emails for RAQ so as not to bury the servers?

Gavin said:
Nothing for me...oh well.

I'm not mad at Nissan...I understand this is all new and hard. And I appreciate that they are coming hard to the EV market.

However, I do think Nissan should have given us an actual number. "You are number 37." Would have been easy. Make a long complex number for ordering and to confirm who you are so nobody could try and steal your place. But that would be a secondary number.

"Thanks for your pre-order. You are number 37. You need to use this secondary number, P3swooyt8, when it is time to finalize your LEAF purchase. Congratulations. Nissan."

I dislike having to check the system a few times a day...or worry that I might be misplaced. And to rectify that is actually a small thing...a number or date...easy.
Gavin

But at least we've been told many times that the reservation date/time is what counts, so I'm trying to be patient. I've seen quite a few people order, but had a later date and or time than me. At least I don't have to keep checking every few minutes. My dealer (Greg from WA) told me he would call me as soon as he sees my name in the que.

leaffan said:
Kataphn said:
Roland:
The delivery of the LEAF will be based ion timing of reservation.
Kat, I told you that very same thing a long time ago. Didn't you believe me? ;) Many reliable sources gave me the same info.

There are some problems with believing in that.

We know that not all people who have reserved will order. So, is Nissan going to wait for them to order before processing the people who reserved later but have ordered ?

We know that Nissan will start manufacturing the cars as ordered. When will they start the manufacturing ? Will each car have a "name on it" as it gets manufactured or do the cars of the right trim get assigned to individuals are the manufacture ?

The easiest way to answer all this is that the cars will be manufactured and delivered in the order the cars are ordered. Ordering itself is opened in the order in which reservations are done (except apparently with certain exceptions).

I remember Nissan promising early during reservation that people whose link didn't work (so they had to work with support people to reserve) would still not miss out their place in the queue. If we accept "The delivery of the LEAF will be based ion timing of reservation" - then that earlier promise has not been kept. In 3 months will they still adhere to reservation order or will they go to ordering order ...

Gavin said:
I do think Nissan should have given us an actual number. "You are number 37."

"I AM NOT A NUMBER, I AM A FREE MAN!"

lens1279319_penny-farthing.gif

*sorry, couldn't resist

I agree, at some point a delay in ordering will cause a delay in the person's position for build and delivery.

Even 20,000 emails at once would not come close to overloading a server. (JMHO)
Although it could make for some very busy dealers that are offering a discount.

evnow said:
leaffan said:
Kataphn said:
Roland:
The delivery of the LEAF will be based ion timing of reservation.
Kat, I told you that very same thing a long time ago. Didn't you believe me? ;) Many reliable sources gave me the same info.

There are some problems with believing in that.

We know that not all people who have reserved will order. So, is Nissan going to wait for them to order before processing the people who reserved later but have ordered ?

We know that Nissan will start manufacturing the cars as ordered. When will they start the manufacturing ? Will each car have a "name on it" as it gets manufactured or do the cars of the right trim get assigned to individuals are the manufacture ?

The easiest way to answer all this is that the cars will be manufactured and delivered in the order the cars are ordered. Ordering itself is opened in the order in which reservations are done (except apparently with certain exceptions).

I remember Nissan promising early during reservation that people whose link didn't work (so they had to work with support people to reserve) would still not miss out their place in the queue. If we accept "The delivery of the LEAF will be based ion timing of reservation" - then that earlier promise has not been kept. In 3 months will they still adhere to reservation order or will they go to ordering order ...

That's ok, everyone can believe what they want, but it makes total sense and much more fair not to 'punish' the people that would have had earlier order dates if the ECOtality or AV thing was in order. Those certain exceptions seem to be many. I think it is more than what people realize. And I never remember Nissan promising anything earlier, other than the reservation date/time being the factor for delivery.

leaffan said:
That's ok, everyone can believe what they want, but it makes total sense and much more fair not to 'punish' the people that would have had earlier order dates if the ECOtality or AV thing was in order. Those certain exceptions seem to be many. I think it is more than what people realize. And I never remember Nissan promising anything earlier, other than the reservation date/time being the factor for delivery.

Ofcourse it makes sense for Nissan to own up and not punish people for AV/Ecotality delays. I'm just a bit sceptical of what Nissan is saying now.

As for Nissan's promise, checkout comments on Apr 20th (on tweeter / priuschat / apetra forum ? - don't remember now).

I agree with Daniel and some others about Nissan's customer relations. I have so many questions that still need to be answered before I can make an informed buying decision.

evnow said:
leaffan said:

Ofcourse it makes sense for Nissan to own up and not punish people for AV/Ecotality delays. I'm just a bit sceptical of what Nissan is saying now.

As for Nissan's promise, checkout comments on Apr 20th (on tweeter / priuschat / apetra forum ? - don't remember now).

As long as it comes in early Jan., I'll be happy, but many people will be really disappointed if they are just telling us that to make us complacent and not complain. A lot of people need to get their car delivered in Dec. for the early fed tax credit payback.

leaffan said:
A lot of people need to get their car delivered in Dec. for the early fed tax credit payback.

For anyone not with Aug ordering - I'd say the chances of Dec delivery are slim to non-existant. I'm resigned to Jan.

Back