The Most Obscure Leaf Facts - WAY Out There

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nubo said:
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but I ran across a Japanese site (sorry don't have link) that seemed to indicate that the Glacier Pearl and one other color (blue?) were premium extras; on the order of $400.

http://ev.nissan.co.jp/LEAF/GRADE/sim.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Try locking your keys in the car by manually locking the drivers door from the inside, then close the door from the outside. It will beep at you and then unlock the door(s)

ghabel said:
Try locking your keys in the car by manually locking the drivers door from the inside, then close the door from the outside. It will beep at you and then unlock the door(s)
Yes! . . . and what's stranger to me, is that you can have an extra fob (we now have 3) sitting in the car ... you get out of the Leaf with your regular fob still on you ... and you'll find that you CAN lock the car using the fob remote that's on you ... even though you've left the other fob in the car still. Apparently the programming is acknowledging not all fobs are left in the car ... and as long as there's a remote lock signal coming from outside the car - then the car doesn't care if all other fobs are inside the Leaf(whether you have 2, 3, or more spare fobs).

hill said:
ghabel said:
Yes! . . . and what's stranger to me, is that you can have an extra fob (we now have 3) sitting in the car ... you get out of the Leaf with your regular fob still on you ... and you'll find that you CAN lock the car using the fob remote that's on you ... even though you've left the other fob in the car still. Apparently the programming is acknowledging not all fobs are left in the car ... and as long as there's a remote lock signal coming from outside the car - then the car doesn't care if all other fobs are inside the Leaf(whether you have 2, 3, or more spare fobs).

a definite WIN on Nissan's part. cant tell you how many times i could not lock the Prius because the SO left FOB in car.

Gary; on our Disney trip. we had car packed to Gills. we stopped at grocery store to pickup "cooler food" and had that issue. first thing i did is returned home, found that extra FOB and left it home!! no way i was gonna unpack the car because a family member is habitually putting something down and not having a clue as to where it is (she loses her keys at least 2-3 times a week!)

Didn't see this mentioned, pardon me if it was.

With the noisemaker (VSP) on. Place your car in reverse and accelerate, now switch to neutral. The car will continue to make the beeping reverse sound in neutral until you stop moving backwards.

however if you are on an incline go into neutral from drive and start rolling backwards the car will not make the beeping sound.

-Matt

Not sure if this is new (or just to me). We plugged into the Santa Monica Pier, dash lights blink to signal charging, "lock" the doors and set off to play on the boardwalk. Check status on iPhone to see everything is working fine. Check iPhone again 45min later and car is NOT charging! WTH. Walking back I figure someone is just being "funny" and unplugged us. When I arrive, car is plugged in. I get inside and suddenly realize it was still turned on. Oooops, my bad! I guess it did not like being on, plugged in charging with no key fob nearby. Interesting.

Try to turn of programmed prewarming while sitting in the car which is plugged in. Heating won't turn off until you start the ca, but will turn on immediately when turning it of again. Now try to reprogram and stop it from warming up while the car is on. Even though you have changed the the prewarming day or time it will still continue warming up once you turn it of... I had to remove the charger cable and plug it in again to turn the heating of and restart charging which was what I wanted since i needed the recharge while eating to get home. I didn't test if I could have turned it of by Carwings. It was set to prioritize charging and charging was set to 80% with starting and stopping time identical...

If you check your smart phone app while quick charging;

2njhuea.jpg

It won't tell you how long until you're done . . . just that it'll be "QUICK"

:lol:

I turned the LEAF on while Quick charging, and I could watch the GOM miles go up as I watched. About 1 mile added every 30 seconds...

Gives some sense of accomplishment compared to watching the GOM during L2 3.3kW which is akin to watching grass grow...

If you are in the "Status" screen on the NAV, and listening to USB stick music, pressing the toggle down on the steering wheel advances the track, and pressing up on the toggle goes back one track. Got that, no problem.

However, if you press the toggle and hold it down, a muted beep comes out of the NAV and it advances to the next folder and plays the first track. It will also go to the previous folder if you hold the toggle up for a couple of seconds...

As Ed McMahon used to say, "I did not know that".....

amtoro said:
Dennis said:
I was driving with the radio up loud and it cut out on me for a second, it was just enough to let me know something was not right. I looked down on the dash and noticed the low battery light had just came on. :)

The radio volume goes down when spoken alerts or warnings are given by the system. If you didn't hear it, try adjusting the guidance voice level in Menu->Settings->Navigation->Guidance Settings
While listening radio/music, you can adjust the NAV voice up or down once the NAV voice gives an audible direction. Then, the NAV voice will stay at that new level until it's subsequently adjusted. This can be a real surprise on a later trip, if you were listening to your tunes at a very high volume.

If the LEAF is on while putting air in your tires, the horn will beep either 1) when the pressure increases 5psi or 2) when the pressure crosses ~38psi. Not sure which - I was pumping my tires back up to 40 from the 36 the dealer put in (I don't know why they insist on that - I no longer have the stock Ecopia/balloon tires but that's another story) and had the Leaf on since I was using a 12V pump. Got a little beep from the horn for each tire. Didn't see any messages on the dash.

TickTock said:
If the LEAF is on while putting air in your tires, the horn will beep either 1) when the pressure increases 5psi or 2) when the pressure crosses ~38psi. Not sure which
From the Owner's Manual:
1. Add air to the tire.
2. After a few seconds, the hazard indicators will start flashing.
3. When the designated pressure is reached, the horn beeps once and the hazard indicators stop flashing.
4. Perform the above steps for each tire.
• If the tire is over-inflated more than approximately 4 psi (30 kPa), the horn beeps and the hazard indicators flash 3 times.
Ray

Back