The Most Obscure Leaf Facts - WAY Out There

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mx5racer said:
If the radio was previously on, you might have to listen to something you hate.
Or if you were listening to a questionable podcast, (and the kids are now in the car)you have to stop, take it out of reverse, change station, continue backing up.

Or just use the steering wheel buttons which still work to control the radio even when in reverse.

sirfergy said:
Or just use the steering wheel buttons which still work to control the radio even when in reverse.
Yes, I thought of that, but when I'm backing up I'm far too busy avoiding curbs, kids, skateboards, and cars in the street to try to figure which side of the wheel those buttons are on at the moment, or how to use them when they're upside down.

Ray

Ingineer said:
To fix this, you must deselect the random mode, then reselect it.

BUG!

(Are you listening Clarion?)

-Phil

There are a bunch of bugs in that thing. While driving, if you select Navigation, Address Book, and start scrolling for your destination (I have about 100 stored), it will let you scroll through 5 pages or 6 entries each, and then it blocks you from going any further.

Apparently, only the lowest alphabet/numerical entries are safe to select while driving. :|

Ingineer said:
When playing music from MP3's stored on a USB drive, the car ignores the "random shuffle" mode once power cycled. In other words, if you are playing in random mode, then shut off the car and come back later, playing resumes on the song you stopped with, but now songs will play in sequential order even though random is still selected. To fix this, you must deselect the random mode, then reselect it.

BUG!

(Are you listening Clarion?)

-Phil
Listening to audio on a 32 gig drive (usb), it'll start on the same song, but it'll take 3x longer to start back up then even the radio takes to start. :roll:

If you need to carry bulk cargo, you can fit eight 20” x 16”x 10” banana boxes in the back of a LEAF, without obscuring rear visibility.

2 boxes 16” across in the trunk, with 6 boxes 20” across over the lowered rear seats, and the 2 boxes below.

I am delivering firewood to several friends in Redding CA today. The eight over-filled boxes weigh about 400 lbs. I figure I usually save over 2 kWh, over “level drive” LEAF energy use, both by “coasting” and regen, from the 1500 ft. descent to the valley floor. Will the extra 400 lbs. of cargo increase that energy savings/regen by over 10%, since other energy expended in the descent, such as aero drag, are constant?

For extra credit, what percentage decrease in energy use should I get today, on my descent drive to Redding, by increasing the loaded weight of my LEAF from about 3,800 to 4200 Lbs.?

The electric motor on the Leaf has a QR code stamped in to it...

98ezhf.jpg

We know that the inverter has values that have to be set to match the motor. My guess is that the QR code tells the automated assembly system what those values are.

TonyWilliams said:
TomT said:
The electric motor on the Leaf has a QR code stamped in to it...

When I scanned it, I just got that alphanumerics that match those along side the QR:

91000006C1

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=155609#p155609" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Heater will only come on when plugged in AND charging. Also, it does not come on below 20% SOC, even when charging.

Of course, it has to have the power button pushed twice without the brake pedal (both the dash and center console should be lit up).

There are a bunch of bugs in that thing. While driving, if you select Navigation, Address Book, and start scrolling for your destination (I have about 100 stored), it will let you scroll through 5 pages or 6 entries each, and then it blocks you from going any further.

I belive this is the same on all Jap cars, my wifes Lexus does the exact same thing, these guys are working on one for the Leaf

http://www.prestigioussociety.com/

TonyWilliams said:
Anybody seen this one?
There was this old thread about wacky numbers there:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4272" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I never tried to get to the bottom of it, but I think it may have involved charging to 80% timer, then using the button to override and start charging up to about 90% but then unplugging the J1772 after turning the car on. Some "corner case" situation that is unusual where you end up confusing the readout.
(Yes, probably a "bug" there somewhere.)

I also recall I wouldn't see it like that right away, you had to start driving the car a while after doing the "weird charging routine" then it would show peculiar numbers.

Has anyone else noticed this? The Climate/Nav stack is NOT centered in the dash. It is offset to the right a couple inches. Honestly, after ten months, I never noticed this. Now I can't stop noticing it! Open your hatchback, stand on center and look at your dash. The OCD Everything symmetrical part of my personality is now having trouble un-seeing this.

TonyWilliams said:
Anybody seen this one?
I frequently see mine at 2:1 8hr 240 vs 16hr 120 after I have charged at 12a 240v. (level 1, 12a, evse upgrade)

I suspect something was restricting your charging during the last session. Maybe preheating hogging the juice?

Back