TGIF: "You know you are a Leaf driver when..."

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are fortunate enough to have a real life, but
you still go to LEAF Gatherings once or twice a month.

You have "favorite foods" at Hometown Buffet.

You really enjoy seeing 6 or 10 LEAFs parked in a row.

Your car has Hometown Buffet as a recent destination.

You know what a GID is, and you have/want a GID-Meter.

You really, really want a CANary to see your Braking Power
and Regen Fraction, Cell-pair Voltages, Pack Temperatures,...
see links to the good CANary stuff:

CANary Project Links

Ok, Ok, I might have gotten a bit carried away, but these guys are
really doing good work, and they really know that they are LEAFers.

garygid said:
You are fortunate enough to have a real life, but
you still go to LEAF Gatherings once or twice a month.

You have "favorite foods" at Hometown Buffet.

You really enjoy seeing 6 or 10 LEAFs parked in a row.

Your car has Hometown Buffet as a recent destination.

You know what a GID is, and you have/want a GID-Meter.

You really, really want a CANary to see your Braking Power
and Regen Fraction, Cell-pair Voltages, Pack Temperatures,
and other good stuff.

1. CANary Braking/Regen
2. CANary Cell Voltages

Gary for us its Old Country Buffet and Main Chinese Buffet

newownermnl
RegGuheert said:
...you take your car in for the annual safety inspection and everyone in the garage gathers around the car with the hood up and the charge port open trying to figure out what they are looking at in there. :lol: (This happened today...)
leafgarage

...when your best friends address, who are also your next door neighbors, is a saved destination.

...when the mailbox at the end of the driveway is a saved destination.

...when you honk the horn and anyone near looks at you laughingly as if to say WTF?

...when you attempt a cell call to someone in the handset phonebook through the voice command, humorously thinking it will work

...when you spend more time on your smartphone calculating distance remaining than texting

...when you're driving your ICE vehicle and shift into "D" twice for ECO mode

...when you're driving your ICE vehicle in the winter with the heat off to save the battery

...when you're driving your ICE vehicle and you automatically mentally reduce the distance-to-empty number by 1/3.

...when you carry an oil-stained piece of cardboard with you to put under the car when parking to really confuse others

...when you duct tape a fake exhaust pipe tip to the rear frame before going to the inspection station

...when your vanity plate is historic and says "1902 Phaeton" (Woods Electric, a popular early EV)

...when you intentionally stop by the gas station to clean your windshield.

...when you stop by the gas station with the warning whistle off to buy a sunday paper.

...when, after breathing the fumes from a diesel pickup, you start thinking dark thoughts about how all light duty diesels should be BANNED, NOW.

(I was on my bicycle, but still...I HATE those things; a third of vehicles here are trucks and about half of those are diesels. Prii are fairly rare.)

...when you mentally calculate the energy savings over your secondary ICE car when planning trips

...when you yell at your significant other to take the Leaf, cause it's cheaper and within range :D

... you start your car *BEFORE* opening the garage door!

... you purposefully do *NOT* manually release the parking brake! (I love this feature! Don't think MY 2013 has it.)

... you are still wearing your winter coat and gloves when others have a light jacket or fleece.

... you try to get everyone you meet to drive your car, or at least to look at it.

... you hand out "Electric Vehicle Evangelist" business cards with your email and blog addresses and a picture of your car. (Okay, maybe it's just me. ;-) )

... your ATM card has a lot less wear than it would otherwise have.

... you forget what gasoline smells like.

mwalsh said:
larrycookjr said:
you purposefully do *NOT* manually release the parking brake! (I love this feature! Don't think MY 2013 has it.)
Don't think my car has it either. Or, if it's supposed to, it has never worked!
One pitfall is that the parking brake won't auto-release if your seat belt isn't fastened. So, if you're the sort that starts backing, THEN clicks the seat belt in, it would "never" work.

Volusiano said:
... you pay about $50 for your brand new vehicle registration for 5 years.
Unless you live in VA, in which case you pay an additional $50/year for vehicle registration until they repeal the gas tax, at which point you will pay an additional $150/year for registration AND pay an additional 1% retail sales tax on everything to subsidize all gasoline vehicles. :evil:

Sign me,

Bitter in VA

davewill said:
mwalsh said:
larrycookjr said:
you purposefully do *NOT* manually release the parking brake! (I love this feature! Don't think MY 2013 has it.)
Don't think my car has it either. Or, if it's supposed to, it has never worked!
One pitfall is that the parking brake won't auto-release if your seat belt isn't fastened. So, if you're the sort that starts backing, THEN clicks the seat belt in, it would "never" work.

Ah, good to know. I'll give that a look.

Volusiano said:
Hah! My new car registration fee was $759 and the second year was $530. However, the sting was reduced considerably by the $5400 state tax credit...

I saw one of your blue AZ license plates here recently on a Prius. Are Prii really eligible for the environmental plates? Is it a gas mileage thing?

RegGuheert said:
Volusiano said:
Unless you live in VA, in which case you pay an additional $50/year for vehicle registration until they repeal the gas tax, at which point you will pay an additional $150/year for registration AND pay an additional 1% retail sales tax on everything to subsidize all gasoline vehicles. :evil:

Sign me,

Bitter in VA

It's an extra $75/year in MO. :cry:

Back