TESLA Model S event

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I like BMW in general, with all the crap that BMW pulled in manipulating the system with the Mini-E and other alternative fuel vehicles, they need to fully demonstrate that they are actually serious before they will be on my list for any EV...

evnow said:
Until Tesla comes up with a compact/mid-size car, I won't buy one. S is really huge for us. BMW i3 is at the top of my next EV list for now.
Who here thinks, S will be released on time ?

When Testa took over the NUMMI plant from Toyota, they announced that Tesla will produce an Electric version of Toyota Rav 4 at the same plant. Did they mention anything about that in the event. Any news about the current status of this project? I hope the price will be much cheaper, but may the other electric components will be same as those in Model S?

teamveevee said:
When Testa took over the NUMMI plant from Toyota, they announced that Tesla will produce an Electric version of Toyota Rav 4 at the same plant. Did they mention anything about that in the event. Any news about the current status of this project? I hope the price will be much cheaper, but may the other electric components will be same as those in Model S?

I saw the Rav4ev at the green drive expo a few weeks ago. It looks like a great car. No pricing on any other information, just a car sitting there to view, but it looks great. Sorry I don't have any good pictures to share.

20110918-063147.jpg

20110918-063133.jpg

teamveevee said:

Since that will just be a conversion, I wouldn't be surprised to just see them use the AC propulsion system (which is not cheap, but is very good), or some redesign/licensing of it...

http://www.acpropulsion.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

palmermd said:
I saw the Rav4ev at the green drive expo a few weeks ago. It looks like a great car. No pricing on any other information, just a car sitting there to view, but it looks great.

I'm rather hoping it'll be on the Green Ride-n-Drive event, during Press Days at the LA Auto Show. If it is, I'll drive it and report back. Though these drives are usually only around the block containing the convention center, so don't expect a lot. But I should still be able to at least get an impression.

teamveevee said:

Now I think they changed plans and Toyota plans to build them in Canada at the plant alongside the regular Rav4EVs.
I think most (all?) will head to California as Toyota could use some ZEV credits to satisfy CARB mandates.

mitch672 said:
Since that (RAV4EV) will just be a conversion, I wouldn't be surprised to just see them use the AC propulsion system (which is not cheap, but is very good), or some redesign/licensing of it...
http://www.acpropulsion.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No, they already announced a partnership where they will use Tesla drivetrain and battery technology in the new RAV4EV.
I think the prototypes out now have modified Roadster drivetrains, but the production versions may get newer Model S technology.

mwalsh said:
The Musky one coming up on CNBC in just a few minutes, talking about the electric car market.

Says a high volume, low(er) cost car in 4 years. Calls the roadster a niche, low volume, high cost car, and the Model S as mid volume (20,000), mid cost car.

mwalsh said:
The Musky one coming up on CNBC in just a few minutes, talking about the electric car market.
Picked up the link to the video recording on the Tesla forum: http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000051338" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back